Why are SFs so bad in PVP? (Battleground and Arena)

Pets

This season (compared to all classes):

Whirlwind Valley: 0 SFs in the top 50

Beluga: 3 SFs in the top 50

Nova Core: 0 SFs in the top 50

Arena 1v1: 0 SFs in the top 50

Arena Tag (not as relevant): 1 SF in the top 50

What are your opinions regarding why the SF is empirically such a weak class in PVP?

I don't play SF myself, so I don't know the specifics. But from what I've heard, SF's have taken a hit in effectivity ever since the split of elements in the skill tree, but there's now also the fact, that another skill from some weeks ago changed the skills considerably and people probably need to get used to it. (As well as maybe get an exchange on some soul badges.)

Seems like they really hate SF's and anyone who plays the class...
Have not seen a break since initial release until they gave us more visuals. 
But visuals = gg pvp dreams.

On 20/06/2018 at 2:28 AM, Nivalias said:

I don't play SF myself, so I don't know the specifics. But from what I've heard, SF's have taken a hit in effectivity ever since the split of elements in the skill tree

Yep.
You can play the class but its in a dark place and they gave our visuals a spitshine to hide more nerfs.
two nerfed halves of other classes merged into one then they thought it would be too op so they made more nerfs as if SF's are dominating all forms of pvp lol

SF has a similarly hard learning curve as KFM has, but is less popular (not sure why really, but it is).

So currently the whole EU does not have any Top SF players (not sure about NA).

Shizizu (sp?) was a pretty good one, but he is playing tournaments in the RU region now.
And Korea has ShinKyum Kim, and since the latest patches he is again playing it once in a while instead of WL.

So I think the class has some potential again after revamp but has been unpopular so long that it's now also devoid of good PvP player base. :(

I actually enjoy watching Tenah playing SF but he says himself he is "only decent" at the class even though he ranked 1 last season.

Concerning BG they do seem to have nerved the one shot melee as well as the high damage windstorm. After KFM tremor buff nerf I guess they might also go for mine toss and vinewhip soon, who knows?

I still love to have SF in my party in 6v6 because of the HP buff. It's better than soulburn in my opinion. But then players constantly neglect their defensive stats so why should  they appreciate SF as a defensive party buffer? *sigh*

Archived