21 Days of Special Costumes

Renn

For real, I have no idea how this isn't always a thing. This was quite possibly the best event (except for Honor Guard) that involved opening my wallet. Trove, yeah, I guess it's alright but I never did trove for the mats, I did trove for the costumes that you hid in there like complete, total sadists. Even after two troves, I still don't have an Eagle Eye Face Adornment, and while trying to get something I never got, I ended up upgrading all of my gear to VT standards, but I digress.

I have been playing since the first beta but at some point, I got a new job and had to quit for roughly 9-10 months. All those costumes, event, F10, dungeon farming, missed. Dungeon costumes are easy enough to get now and by the looks of it, you guys tend to release all of the old event costumes with the new costumes for certain events (currently 41/73 in F3). Temporary F10 costumes though, hurts my soul, 218/344. The sad part, I would easily drop the money to buy all of them over time but I can't.

This event though....almost straight fire. If you just keep rotating all the costumes everyday without "discounted current F10 costumes" being thrown in, I'd be pretty damn happy with it as a monetary model. People would actually have to log in to see what costumes are on F10 and if they missed a day, they missed their chance since you  have more than a year's worth of costumes, making them time exclusive. You could just make the rotation completely random so people can't expect what costume is next if exclusivity is your main goal.

Haha, I agree with you. I loved the 21-days - definitely made me wait to see what HM store had that day/daily.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it is ends up being an uncommon thing instead of a perma. thing, as having it on too often would generate less urgency/hype when an outfit that the players wants comes around.

4 hours ago, Ludicium said:

Haha, I agree with you. I loved the 21-days - definitely made me wait to see what HM store had that day/daily.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it is ends up being an uncommon thing instead of a perma. thing, as having it on too often would generate less urgency/hype when an outfit that the players wants comes around.

ive been playing this game for over two years and this is about the third time ive seen such a thing. What i miss is when they used to have a vote for the costumes that were previously in the hm store to decide which three would come back for a short period of time

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, Ludicium said:

Technically speaking, if you're just looking for one outfit and if there is a yearly rotation, urgency isn't even needed, just patience.

Also, I can't stress awesome it is to keep seeing costumes in the daily F10. Again, another awesome outfit I missed and really wanted. Just keep them coming.

I've seen no evidence of a yearly rotation -- that would require 2 new outfits every 3 days -- and that's not counting new outfits or accessories if sold separately.   Overall, I see 379 outfits w/220 in HM store (not counting accessories).  I've seen weeks go by and no new outfits in HM store, so doesn't look like a yearly rotation to me...

Archived