My Annoyances with the Koldrak Raid

Why Bother

1. It tries to be very impressive with all those camera changes, but those can be a real issue, as while that's happening, you can't see what the hell you're doing, yet can still move, and attack, so if you were trying to run back after getting knocked back, you could find yourself dead, as you were right in the path of the breath attack that camera shift was setting up, you ended up running into the lava, and died, or it just wastes time for you, as you play it safe by standing still if you were out of position at the time. Then after those two bits where you press space repeatedly, the camera is slow to move back to its proper place, and always seems to have me facing the wrong way.
  2. The lava right there where you're fighting is just another example of how much the game hates melee, as you can easily be knocked into the lava from another attack, which isn't really an issue for ranged characters.
  3. One time the breath attack decided to single me out, and kill me, while the people grouped around me were fine, that was also right at the end, and when I came back, there was no chest for me to pick up.
  4. I feel it consumes far too much weapon durability, even if you never died, and hardly got hit by anything.

Man, that is so easy. Just do not do Koldrak Raid.

TBH, the camera in the raid sometimes is annoying. 

I have a BM and she rarely dies in Koldrak Raid. If you observe carefully other players, you will find some ppls are standing in the dragon's attacking blind spot, where you can avoid most of dragon's attack, including its breath, and dps in peace.

Sometimes I fall into the lava but with resistent skills I'm almost always able to escape alive (unlike at the first days after release :D) But if you fall into the lava and a camera change happens at this moment...good luck :'D

This game really hates melees: not only there is the lava, no as a range you can just stand at the edges of the map on some spots, where you don't have to do anything except attacking :') the attacks of the dragon don't hit you there, which is completly stupid and like always it's a big disadvantage to be a melee :') I hope they will fix this, so that every class has to dodge the attacks ;D

And yeah I totally agree with your weapon durability point..it's ridiculous o.O on my Alts I have to repair the weapons nearly every day and I only do Koldrak, the Eventdungeon, the peach quest and sometimes a small dungeon to complete the daily o.O

Also I think the queue time should be longer and the fight time shorter. I do this on 4 characters nearly every day and the fight never took longer than 10 minutes, but if the queue time would be longer it would be more flexible and more persons would be able to do this^^ Also for persons like me it wouldn't be so stressful to do this with 2 characters at one timeframe^^

Furthermore the dungeon could be a bit shorter, because the reward for fighting 6-10 minutes is...not that good :D but I do this for the costume anyway :D

And I think the gem droprate is very low, since the release I do this with 2 chars every day and since the current event with 4 (nearly) every day and until now I got only one gem from a box :o

And my last point are disconnects...I don't know why, but I get so many dcs at Koldrak...Normally I get rarely a dc, but in this dungeon... :sick: today I got again 2 dcs there...so I had to wait for the next queue, because the queue time is so short. (Another reason for longer queue times :D)

Yeah that's my feedback :HajoonCheer:

5 hours ago, lkx said:

Man, that is so easy. Just do not do Koldrak Raid.

If that was the answer to every issue people have with some content, nothing would ever improve, and people would be avoiding a lot of content. I raise these issues in the albeit very slim chance that there may be improvements.

5 hours ago, lkx said:

I have a BM and she rarely dies in Koldrak Raid. If you observe carefully other players, you will find some ppls are standing in the dragon's attacking blind spot, where you can avoid most of dragon's attack, including its breath, and dps in peace.

I rarely die with melee chars as well, but melee are still far more at risk than ranged chars are. Also in the example I gave when I died from the breath attack, I was in the blind spot, and as noted, all the people around me were fine, the people on the right, left, and behind me all seemed untouched, nor were they seemingly using anything like Frost Armour, or related, but I dropped dead, and the damage I took was indicated to be that of the breath attack.

11 hours ago, RyVerseLy said:

This game really hates melees: not only there is the lava, no as a range you can just stand at the edges of the map on some spots, where you don't have to do anything except attacking :') the attacks of the dragon don't hit you there, which is completly stupid and like always it's a big disadvantage to be a melee :') I hope they will fix this, so that every class has to dodge the attacks ;D

Melee or Ranged Character by standing in the Right spot can dodge all of dragon attacks, So it's not just "Ranged". Even the push back to the wall. Which is not recommened idk why people want to dodge that just for sake of continueing dpsing, Taking ices increases your AP permenantly through out the fight, Max i've seen 6.5k+ AP, But idm people can keep dodging, More Free Elite chests for me ^.^

vor 2 Stunden schrieb SayhaSeer:

But idm people can keep dodging, More Free Elite chests for me ^.^

That wont give you any special as far as i know. I got lots of normal and the next higher chests but they all gave the same crap in the same amount, so it seems only the freaking name of the chests differs and maybe, but only maybe the higher chest will have a slightliy higher chance to drop the gem but i got mine from a normal chest.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb SayhaSeer:

Melee or Ranged Character by standing in the Right spot can dodge all of dragon attacks, So it's not just "Ranged". Even the push back to the wall. Which is not recommened idk why people want to dodge that just for sake of continueing dpsing, Taking ices increases your AP permenantly through out the fight, Max i've seen 6.5k+ AP, But idm people can keep dodging, More Free Elite chests for me ^.^

Ok I'm sorry :D Somebody told me it's only for ranges and I didn't tested it :'D But I will continuing with staying in front of the dragon, because there I can see all animations and dodge the attacks and no bug will happen to me like to @Why Bother D:

13 hours ago, Why Bother said:

I rarely die with melee chars as well, but melee are still far more at risk than ranged chars are. Also in the example I gave when I died from the breath attack, I was in the blind spot, and as noted, all the people around me were fine, the people on the right, left, and behind me all seemed untouched, nor were they seemingly using anything like Frost Armour, or related, but I dropped dead, and the damage I took was indicated to be that of the breath attack.

If your character was killed in by the breath, that means he or she was not in the safe zone or attacking blind spot and you may want to use your resist skills. The dragon's attack pattern is predictable and you can avoid getting hit or knocked into lava. My character has 175k++ HP (50/20) without ice. Even if she is knocked into lava, I still have time to get her out and survive.

7 hours ago, Statler said:

That wont give you any special as far as i know. I got lots of normal and the next higher chests but they all gave the same crap in the same amount, so it seems only the freaking name of the chests differs and maybe, but only maybe the higher chest will have a slightliy higher chance to drop the gem but i got mine from a normal chest.

Hmm, I got quite alot of garnets so far, usually do dragon once a day, couple from normal boxes (last hit) But most from Premium/Elite. Dragon is not motivating to do more then once

8 hours ago, lkx said:

If your character was killed in by the breath, that means he or she was not in the safe zone or attacking blind spot and you may want to use your resist skills. The dragon's attack pattern is predictable and you can avoid getting hit or knocked into lava. My character has 175k++ HP (50/20) without ice. Even if she is knocked into lava, I still have time to get her out and survive.

Whether you want to believe me, or not is up to you, but I'm telling you I was in the middle of a group of players, and I was the only one that died from the breath attack. Any other time I die is from other such BS, like I get knocked back with that big knock back that sends you way back, and as I'm heading back the camera shift that sets up the breath attack, and I'm right in the path of it, how am I suppose to avoid that captain amazing? If I'm killed, it's from stupid crap that feels cheap, and it chews up almost 20 weapon durability on me, even if I don't die, and barely get hurt. The raid isn't hard in the least, it's just annoying, hence the title.

Archived