Suggestion to revamp Daily Challenge

SilverFoxR

Hey all!

So, I'm sure some people have noticed that the dungeons for Daily Challenge can be a bit... hit or miss at times. Some days it can take no time to blitz through them, sometimes it takes a while. Some days the dungeons are all quick, easy dungeons half of us could just as easily solo, other days there's dungeons lower-AP players can't get into (I think posts about "no Bale/Sera" and "AP requirement" kind of show some of the problems connected to this). On top of all of that, a lot of dungeons are repeated often through the week and other dungeons aren't even run anymore.

So, I'd been thinking about ways to tweak the Daily Challenge to make it more... balanced... not just for high and low-AP players or time/difficulty, but also just to get some variation. Anyway, here's a few ideas I had in mind... mind you, this is mainly on the dungeon side of things. PvP, Outlaw Isle, Mushin's Tower and Tower of Infinity seem to be pretty straightforward and rotate well enough.

First and foremost, let's consider sorting the dungeons into tiers:

T1 - Lair of the Frozen Fang, Avalanche Den, Heaven's Mandate, Cold Storage and... Awakened Necropolis.

T2 - Gloomdross Incursion, Sogun's Lament, Shattered Masts   and... Sundered Nexus

T3 - Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel, Naryu Foundry and Naryu Sanctum

T4 - Everything above (Ebondrake Lair, Irontech Forge, Starstone Mines, Drowning Deeps, etc)

As you can see, I also mentioned some returning dungeons... as annoying as some people feel they are, adding them would put some variety into the DC. And heck, Sundered Nexus IS required for an HM skill quest. Also, putting the quests into these tiers could allow us to arrange the DC into a combination of 4-5 dungeons, which does spread them out a bit more. This means we could potentially have a Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 dungeon every day... maybe 2 Tier 1 dungeons occasionally if, say Naryu Sanctum is up as a DC (then you could throw in Necro, perhaps so lower AP players have an option).

Additionally, one "dungeon" that has been essentially taken out of purpose (but is still in DC) is Midnight Skypetal Planes... but I thought of a way to bring that back as well... as a special weekend challenge raid. On Saturdays and Sundays, the DC for Tier 1, 2 and 3 is MSP 1, 2 and 3. MSP tends to be somewhat time-consuming, which is one of the reasons most people don't do it anymore... so why not make it a special raid for the weekends?

Anyways, tell me what you think in the comments... and if you have your own ideas, let me know too. Let's  try and brainstorm some fun ideas.

Oh, but one thing to mention? For Shattered Masts? DC is reverted back to killing Taikhan... because making it Phantom Waves? That was a mistake.

I think it would be nice if you could choose to do tiered DCs per character, with the difference being not only getting a different selection of dungeons, but also rewards that make sense for doing that tier:

Like, T1-2 could give Naryu Tablets and Void Fragments, Lament Flowers, MSP tokens.

T3 could give Draken tokens and Raven Feathers, Molten Cores, Xanos Discs.

T4 could give Hellion tokens and Hive Queen Wings, Silver Scales, etc.

Im still stick with my 2 years old Idea... stick it to say player HM lvl. so HM7 won't see Drowning deeps and then exposed to the negative side of the community.  Daily challenge for HM2 player would be as high as necro or mandate. HM7-8 would be Sogun and Nexus so people can learn some patience and correct CC.  HM 10-12 people can start seeing citadel and Desolate tomb.

Great idea SilverFoxR, I believe it is easy to implement and totally makes sense. I really would like to see different dungeons on daily challenge.

Just about MSP I'm not 100% sure that is the best way, maybe if there is something useful to get with MSP flowers or more XP or gold rewards more people would join.

Strongly disagree with Joanna suggestion. First off, the moment you played blade and soul you are already exposed to the negative side of the community through region and faction chat. Expecting the negative side of the community is expected at any MMOs. Second i would like to share an experience i had on my 950+ alt gunner. I saw a premade NS asking for 1k so i applied to join because i did not think it was a big deal as my main has more then 1k and its NS afterall. Still, i was kicked out. Then i queue into the lfg and was matched into so said premade team. The aransu gunner insulted me and even a grand 1k11 ap summoner who couldn't even play his class insulted me as well, therefore my point is the tier system joanna suggested would barely make any difference.

I also queued into DD NM with 950+ ap. As it turns out, its not hard at all and most importantly, it was enjoyable doing some new challenge rather then the usual monotous daily challenge. The AP requirement is not really that strict and if the team has enough the team should be more then qualified to finish the dungeon. Joanna suggestion would only further enforce the ridiculous "caste system" that already existed in the game  (No baleful/seraph, 1.1k AP for SJF AND FAS LOL?) and further divide players. Maybe one day, hopefully i would like to think that gamers, not politicians should decide the direction of a MMO.

1 hour ago, DriftingSoul said:

Strongly disagree with Joanna suggestion. First off, the moment you played blade and soul you are already exposed to the negative side of the community through region and faction chat. Expecting the negative side of the community is expected at any MMOs. Second i would like to share an experience i had on my 950+ alt gunner. I saw a premade NS asking for 1k so i applied to join because i did not think it was a big deal as my main has more then 1k and its NS afterall. Still, i was kicked out. Then i queue into the lfg and was matched into so said premade team. The aransu gunner insulted me and even a grand 1k11 ap summoner who couldn't even play his class insulted me as well, therefore my point is the tier system joanna suggested would barely make any difference.

I also queued into DD NM with 950+ ap. As it turns out, its not hard at all and most importantly, it was enjoyable doing some new challenge rather then the usual monotous daily challenge. The AP requirement is not really that strict and if the team has enough the team should be more then qualified to finish the dungeon. Joanna suggestion would only further enforce the ridiculous "caste system" that already existed in the game  (No baleful/seraph, 1.1k AP for SJF AND FAS LOL?) and further divide players. Maybe one day, hopefully i would like to think that gamers, not politicians should decide the direction of a MMO.

Well it seems i haven't made myself clear enough.

The system i am suggesting is only apply to daily challenge.  Instead of getting DD or HH you will have another dg displayed on your daily challenge menu.  There is nothing will prevent you from queueing for DD.  It just not going to be displayed as Daily challenge quest for you.  There is no such thing as Caste system in my suggestion, it's only in your mind.  If you ever see me in Cross server.. you will know how i make my party.  So im sorry im not that kind of your description.

The reason im suggesting that is to actually provide lower lvls with something they can actually finish and hell the system would allows introducing daily challenge on even lower lvls (say lv 45's can have Brightstone ruins) Except that lvling is so fast now so i guess it's just not feasible.  But i will still look on it as those blue dg's can have achivement and farming it might be too tedious to be done alone.

The benefit i see is following :

1.We always have people doing dungeons esp old content like Necro, so we have steady supply (hopefully) of HM skillbook from there.

2.People will learn some important mechanics like CCing, those having Sundered Nexus in their daily will know how it feels not being able to properly CC, People having shattered mast can learn about the corrupted water debuff, (which hopefully can help them in DD boss 1)  People got Naryu Labyrinth in their daily challenge will learn about essence of patience as the dungeons are still the longest in the game.

12 hours ago, Neog said:

Great idea SilverFoxR, I believe it is easy to implement and totally makes sense. I really would like to see different dungeons on daily challenge.

Just about MSP I'm not 100% sure that is the best way, maybe if there is something useful to get with MSP flowers or more XP or gold rewards more people would join.

Well, MSP used to be more beneficial, but like other dungeons, it's pretty much become an old, unused proto-raid. There are things you can still get from MSP, though (outfit and more MSP soul shields to fuse onto your existing one or re-roll for better crit priming) and some classes do benefit from the Mystic Badges that you can get in Celestial Basin for flowers.

One of the main ideas of having MSP 1, 2 and 3 be the 3 DCs for the weekends would be to just change things up a little. 1 stage of MSP can take as long as some of the dungeons used for DC and the boss scales in difficulty in each stage. So, the 4 above tiers are there during the week with MSP on weekends to change things.

Of course, it would be nice to revamp rewards for certain dungeons to make them more useful again... heck, you want to talk about a currency more useless than Lunar Twillight Flowers? How about Black Rose Feathers?

Archived