Compensation For Solak Soul Upgrade Bug

Cercueil

I really hate to bring this up but I feel like I have been cheated and insulted by NC Support. And I hate how they act in such a hypocritical manner and play favouritism. I don't know if anyone else is going through the same problem but hopefully, NC can do something with the mess they have created, causing people to lose 300+gold worth of mats. 

Long story short, I have upgraded my Hongmoon Energy Stage 1 to 6 on Monday night and the very next day, NC announced that there's a bug that prevents Solak Soul to upgrade to Hongmoon Energy Stage 4. So I have sent in support tickets asking for a revert to stage 1 or some sort of compensation for the loss of 30 transformation stones, which all have been denied. It is frustrating that it literally took them 6 days to tell us an error like that and refuse to help those who have been affected by it!!!!

"Hello there, Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. Also, if compensation is deemed appropriate for this issue, it will be applied equally to all affected accounts and not delivered by customer support to individual customers. At this point, we have no information about whether a compensation is being considered. Any update or news regarding this will be posted at our official website. Best regards, GM XXXXX NCSOFT Support Team"

Update.

"Hello there, Multiple GM were already reviewed you request and made the same conclusion to revert your Hongmoon Energy - Stage 6 back to Hongmoon Energy - Stage 3. What GM Eca offered on this request is the best option that we can provide for this case. Each request are subject for review as such, we are unable to disclose on why we granted the other player's request. I'm afraid that we are unable to provide any further assistance in this case. Any further appeal will no longer taken in consideration. Your understanding is appreciated."

Comment to that underlined part, you know we know why. ;)

i'm with you a 100%, the fact that there was no clue giving to anyone about the Solak Soul being upgradeable on any of the patch streams, the forums, or even the patch notes, made a lot of people upgrade the Hongmoon Energy Stage 1, and just threw away the Solak Soul, so for them to say a week later "ohh it was a bug and you can now upgrade it to stage 4", and not compensation the people that already  lost gold and materials upgrading from stage 1 to 4+, is complete BS.

2 hours ago, Cercueil said:

I really hate to bring this up but I feel like I have been cheated and insulted by NC Support. And I hate how they act in such a hypocritical manner and play favouritism. I don't know if anyone else is going through the same problem but hopefully, NC can do something with the mess they have created, causing people to lose 300+gold worth of mats. 

Long story short, I have upgraded my Hongmoon Energy Stage 1 to 6 on Monday night and the very next day, NC announced that there's a bug that prevents Solak Soul to upgrade to Hongmoon Energy Stage 4. So I have sent in support tickets asking for a revert to stage 1 or some sort of compensation for the loss of 30 transformation stones, which all have been denied. It is frustrating that it literally took them 6 days to tell us an error like that and refuse to help those who have been affected by it!!!!

"Hello there, Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. Also, if compensation is deemed appropriate for this issue, it will be applied equally to all affected accounts and not delivered by customer support to individual customers. At this point, we have no information about whether a compensation is being considered. Any update or news regarding this will be posted at our official website. Best regards, GM XXXXX NCSOFT Support Team"

try again. keep on sending tickets. different GMs handle things differently. If you upgraded yours on Monday, they will revert back. Just ask for reverting for your soul, not compensation.

Reverting and compensation is 2 different things.

9 hours ago, FrozenB said:

try again. keep on sending tickets. different GMs handle things differently. If you upgraded yours on Monday, they will revert back. Just ask for reverting for your soul, not compensation.

Reverting and compensation is 2 different things.

I have tried that several times already, and all I get is just copy and paste... And I have clearly stated that they refused to revert my Hongmoon Energy to stage 1. So that doesn't help with my case. That's why my friend suggested me to ask for a compensation in case it is a technical thing that prevent them from reverting for than 3 stages. Which obviously doesn't work either. 

I am also in the same boat as you. I bought a new soul and upgraded it to stage 10 and their response was they can only revert my stage 10  soul 3 levels back. Please confirm if you want to do this.  I tried to argue that it doesn't make sense to revert my stage 10 soul and have the solak energy. Sometimes I wonder if they play the game or not.

15 hours ago, KurooSakura said:

[content deleted by Amraith]

Completely off-topic, lol.

Maybe you can get cheaper mats/stones from Trove for cheaper upgrade, but that is not the point here.

The point is that NCWest did not tell us in anyway that Solak Soul is upgrade-able in any way. They don't even bother include it as a bug in Known Issues, and unknowing players lose gold to mail feathers/buy oathbreaker's parts/upgrade from moonwater to energy 1 soul, and waste 30 STS to upgrade their soul instead of having it for free. 

On 16/12/2017 at 3:54 AM, Cercueil said:

Update.

"Hello there, Multiple GM were already reviewed you request and made the same conclusion to revert your Hongmoon Energy - Stage 6 back to Hongmoon Energy - Stage 3. What GM Eca offered on this request is the best option that we can provide for this case. Each request are subject for review as such, we are unable to disclose on why we granted the other player's request. I'm afraid that we are unable to provide any further assistance in this case. Any further appeal will no longer taken in consideration. Your understanding is appreciated."

Comment to that underlined part, you know we know why. ;)

They say they have reverted back to stage 3 ,

if you had upgraded your soul like

1 month ago to stage 3

i do not see the reason to revert it back to 1 now.

If that were the case everyone should revert back and get cheaper upgrade...

I feel your pain ... I've been shown the middle finger on a problem I had with this as well...  from the looks of it they are starting to shut down requests a lot faster. but they people that pay.. do actually get stuff reverted .. or even moved to another character .

it's a shame that they show the true colors and that money talk.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2017 at 9:48 AM, MasterYoda said:

They say they have reverted back to stage 3 ,

if you had upgraded your soul like

1 month ago to stage 3

i do not see the reason to revert it back to 1 now.

If that were the case everyone should revert back and get cheaper upgrade...

What 1 month ago? I upgrade it the night before they told us there was a mistake with Solak Soul..... So them reverting 3 stages back would still make me lose over 300g worth of mats back then since Solak Soul was the equivalent of stage 3 soul. And just FYI, I don't ask for revert or anything related if I have used an item for more than a week. Which is their policy anyways. Did you even read what I said at all? ANYWAYS, it is whatever now, I've told them there's no point reverting, so I closed it the case.

Archived