High ping players BS

3words1954

I play from Australia on ncsoft west servers. My ping is 400 (unplayable) but with vpn is an acceptable 250 to 300. I can hear the gasping sub 100 pings saying still imposible.  I really like the game so am ready to put up with the lower dps. However, when arbitrary time limits are  put on skills, eg BS, this highly discriminates against high ping players. At best I can only get 4 BS off not the max 5. I ask Support if the time could be extended by 5 seconds and was advised to put it in the forums. Please support this request and help us high ping players squeeze a little more dps out of our skills. We could be in your party so all dps helps.

Hi, fellow Aussie here. It sad to say that unless we get an oce server we will never have the dps of low ping players. Even if the kr devs do increase the duration of tombstone it will also allow low ping players to also do more bulletstorms. The dps gap will still remain the same if not worse. However on the bright side fire gunner is pretty high ping friendly, my dps at near endgame gear is only 10-15% lower than low ping players. 1 less bulletstorm isn’t that big of a deal, especially with the nerfs coming. If you like playing then don’t worry about your dps so much and just enjoy the game :)

• 1 month later...

Not a gunner and not even sure this is the right place for suggestion topics but there's an obvious fix - making tombstone load a certain total amount of bullets (e.g. 5 reloads x 5 bullets) and make those specific bullets enable bulletstorm and then just adjust badge and etc. effects to match that

Just as you can display ping on client, server can also "know" how long ping is.  It could increase some period-timers in some small proportion to the average ping-time on a given IP or given machine ... so wouldn't have to be same for all ... maybe an extra 50-75ms on a timer for each 100ms of added ping time...  would require testing and tuning (for a minority of players, unfortunately), but it *seems* like it would be possible.

Archived