Frustrated about PVP arena matches...

yohannbiimu

I've had some success with one-on-one matches, but it seems like as my character (a Kung fu Master with 50 HM 10 level ranking) gets more equipment and stuff that improves its abilities, it gets weaker in PVP fights.  I mean, yesterday I couldn't even get close to winning any matches.  I lost every single round in at least six matches, and I could hardly damage anybody.  I felt like nobody out there.

So, what am I doing wrong?  I'm not the most skilled "fighter" there is, and I'd wager I'm in the lower tier of skilled players, but I've managed to win at times, but yesterday I felt helpless out there.  Are people doing stuff that makes their character better in these matches that I'm not doing?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

By the way, I guess you could say that I'm a bit "casual" about this, mostly because I'm ignorant about "builds" and stuff that enables your character to perform at its best and highest potential.  Where do I go to learn more about this stuff?

but it seems like as my character (a Kung fu Master with 50 HM 10 level ranking) gets more equipment and stuff that improves its abilities, it gets weaker in PVP fights

This is a phenomenon observed by science called " the more you pve the worse you do in arena". pro tip 1: stop doing pve. also the more you win the stronger you opponents are supposed to be (and in this game you are also very likely to run into some top 30 or even top 5 alts at low ratings) so you better get used to this and suck it up. as for builds go to bnstree and look for pvp builds, also watch some pro pvp streamers and once you are decent in 1v1 go tags and look how other better kfms play 

8 hours ago, Captain WeebM@ster said:

This is a phenomenon observed by science called " the more you pve the worse you do in arena". pro tip 1: stop doing pve. also the more you win the stronger you opponents are supposed to be (and in this game you are also very likely to run into some top 30 or even top 5 alts at low ratings) so you better get used to this and suck it up. as for builds go to bnstree and look for pvp builds, also watch some pro pvp streamers and once you are decent in 1v1 go tags and look how other better kfms play 

This doesn't seem to address most of my troubles, because what's going on when I hit the other guy, and they simply counter my attack and keep me perpetually dazed and confused until I'm dead.  I mean, how am I supposed to even try to hit back when my fighting options aren't there to do anything?  

3 hours ago, yohannbiimu said:

This doesn't seem to address most of my troubles, because what's going on when I hit the other guy, and they simply counter my attack and keep me perpetually dazed and confused until I'm dead.  I mean, how am I supposed to even try to hit back when my fighting options aren't there to do anything?  

You should watch how pro players and others are playing your class to address your problems, your fighting options are to not get dazed in the first place ( or stunned) and if you do, to have your tab escape up at that time (not use it on stuff like a kd or insta tab a stun) 

ns arena its a mind game also , the good players also can predict how you are going to play so they just counter you before even you start your combo so as  long as i have played arena tag 1vs1 i have seen many ways of playing one character , you need to practice on every different classes so you learn all of their skills how they work what they do , when you have to make one combo when you need to take space when you need to engage and start your combo , this needs time effort .. many hours in arena . All classes has weak points and strong points , what its the best to do its keep fighting to become better and take more expirience , unlock your hongmoon skills build correctly depending on the oponet your skill and do your best in every fight . Gl mate .

On 10/5/2017 at 3:43 PM, FrozenB said:

Before I can address your issue, you need to specific two things first:

1) What is your in-game ping when you are pvping in arena?

2) What is your current 1vs1 rank? 

1)  I don't even know what an in-game ping IS.  What is it, and what does it do?

2)  I don't know, but I'd guess that if there are 10,000 players ranked, I'm in the lower-9000 range, considering how embarrassingly bad I was the last time I tried.

1) It is somewhere in the game setting. I forgot where it is, but you have to click it to show your in-game ping. After you clicked it, it will show a number in ms on top of your screen. In theory, if you have more than 100ms, you shouldn't play kfm because no matter what you do. You won't be good with it because it relies on 100-0 combo in which you have to chain CC and ani-cancel your attacks flawlessly. If you can't 100-0 combo your opponent, most likely you won't win the match.

2) You should know your ranking if you join arena. It should be either bronze or silver with a number beside it. If you still don't know, then, I assume you only played this game less than a week, which sounds fair that you are so bad in pvp.

17 hours ago, FrozenB said:

If you have more than 100ms, you shouldn't play kfm because no matter what you do. You won't be good with it because it relies on 100-0 combo in which you have to chain CC and ani-cancel your attacks flawlessly. If you can't 100-0 combo your opponent, most likely you won't win the match.

In theory, but is stll playable, i have 130-160 ping and im struggling in 1650(Gold), Yes, it sucks that i cant R2f but im not the king of guy that starts a new character and takes it to 50 in 3 days, not to mention the years i needed to get HM Counter. The ping starts to get annoying once you reached 200.

On 5/10/2017 at 1:42 AM, yohannbiimu said:

So, what am I doing wrong?  I'm not the most skilled "fighter" there is, and I'd wager I'm in the lower tier of skilled players, but I've managed to win at times, but yesterday I felt helpless out there.  Are people doing stuff that makes their character better in these matches that I'm not doing?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Get used to the defeat logo, KFM is very useful against every class since is the most balanced ones ( except vs assasins, if you face an assasin is a 80% chances of defeat if you are not used to the kite and run)

Tips: Start to use SS more often, its very useful vs every class, and it gives you Smite to do airbornes combo, or Tiger's Pounce to KD enemies.

- Dont spam counter every time is up (every 1 second) since everyone will get used to the timing and it will start to feel useless

-Against bladedancers and destroyers, just KD the shit out of them, their tab doent cover KD skills so if they are one of those tab spammers, they will use Second wind(Tab scape) for mistake. I normally would use Leg Swep or Tigers'Pounce>Firestrom Kick to stun>Footwork or Shadow dance to evade getting dazed from the Second Wind.

Or just wait for them to use retreat after getting KD and use Comet Strike>Flurry to daze.

-Against FM? eeh....most of them will use counter too so ill just get really close and use Shadow Dance or Footwork with Triple kick to stun, since they have 2 scapes use Ice Guard, that takes the chill out of you and you gain some time to get closer with Avenging Fist or Flying Slam.

-Blademasters? Just praise so you dont die

-Warlocks- Keep gaining time, everytime they get KD they spam scapes, bastion or Sanctum, wait for them to use 1 or 2 escapes, since the pet and them will always be attacking you, using footwork or shadow step near the pet will always grant you some Evasion stacks and triple kick.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a short note for the original poster:

1v1 and 3v3 are gear balanced, so you leveling to HM10 and getting gear will make zero difference to the power of attacks in arena. You are new so you wouldn't know, but non-balanced fights like in 6v6 are so strongly influenced by gear that it would not feel like a trend, you would immediately know like night and day.

As for the suddenly difficult match ups, it really is a very variable thing. Given your experience level, you would be off best by staying in Bronze all the time and having match ups with other completely new people, but unfortunately even in Bronze you meet alts of experienced players, or players who casually log in once a week or only for daily challenge quest.

B&S PvP has enough depth to have you learn for years, so do not be discouraged. In fact, have a look at the "Best Blademaster NA" video, that one always cheers me up after a tilt. :D

Personally, I think a good to do list concerning arena is:

- learn about the different CC types, their strengths and weaknesses
- learn to recognize escape animation for all the different classes
- learn to recognize iframes and buff states for all the different classes

Then what I do is after each match, I sit down and think about what went wrong and why, and how I could possibly counter it. Sometimes that even helps between rounds.

Sparring is very helpful too, and if you are someone having fun watching streams you can watch some on twitch by KFMs. It's usually very informative, you see a lot of tricks you never thought of. Also sometimes I see things I don't understand, then I open bnstree and look up the skills and tadaa - I will have learned something! ^_^

Archived