Help Wanted: Returning Player with some questions

Rexxgrim

So ever since I returned to the game this weekend I have tried to google this and google that but it has been to little avail as most posts I could find was dated to before the recent major changes and as such I am kinda stuck. Thankfully the in-game faction chat has helped me some away but sometimes I also just simply get drowned out by people spamming that they are selling a "Name" or something else of interest / value. So with this post I was planing to ask some questions and hopefully someone here on the forums can set me back on my way.

1: Gear for my class?

- My main is currently a HM8 Destroyer sitting at 753 AP with the Seraph Stage 1 weapon (With 3 Sockets). All of my accessories are Pinnacle gear + Hongmoon Soul 1 and a base Pet Aura that gives around 4000 HP (ish) and I currently have no soul badges.
 - As for how it currently looks I can see that for most accessories I have 2-3 different paths to choose from until I eventually need to drop them anyway for the "high end" legendary gear, but is anyone of the options of accessory gear "PREFERED" or is it pretty much "Same sh*t, different name"? I just keep hearing that Destroyers still do low DMG (As they did back when last I was active) and the last thing I would want would be to pick gear that may hurt my performance and as such - Fall behind and drag possible raid groups down. As many may understand from this; yes, my knowledge of "Stat Priority" is kinda dead as of now.

2: Soul Shield.

- When I returned I had 5 Asura + 3 Be Ido. As of right now I have Asura 5 + Ebondrake 3 and I am in the works of getting MSP 5 + Ebondrake 3. But is that the way to go? I also heard about some of the later Soul Shields I should try to get but as of now: Most of those are in dungeons where I have too low AP to join.

3: Shadow or Earth?

- The new update now just simply allows me to switch between focusing on "Earth" or "Shadow" as I can see, but is either one dominant and is it true what I hear of that the spec is somewhat "Bound" to your weapon? Since I currently have a Seraph does that mean that I should NOT go Shadow? Or is Shadow better by a mile and I should go for it anyway? This whole weekend I have spendt my time getting my timing in place for the Earth build but then again: if that makes me under-preform for certain groups then I'd want to try and change that up.

4: How do I make gold?

- As of now I have just above 100 gold and ever since I hit cap, I have never been able to get past 150 but I never drop bellow 50 either. I tend to be conservative with my gold since playing the Marketplace is not my strong suit and as for that, I don't really know what to "farm" to post on the Marketplace to make gold. Sure NCoins is a thing but that's not something I can afford.

Side Question.

- Just if anyone knows - How many content patches are we currently behind the Korean version?

Now this has been a long post and seeing a post from a "returning player" is sure something I don't expect a whole lot of people to be smiling about. But due to WoW's slow decline in the raiding scene and otherwise other lackluster aspects. (Despite that I know a new major content patch is to come this week, it brings like 3 weeks of content until it's back to the old grind) I decided to go looking for another "side" or maybe even a Main MMO. GW2 and Wildstar just is not fun and as such I would like to get back into Blade and Soul but I would want to get effectively back into it without causing problems for potential party members in any raids or dungeons.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

1. farm desolate tomb for necklase and legendary belt from naryu foundry (sstage 6 both for bonus effect) and other dungeons for your elemental ring and earring (gives elemental damage and slightly bit more ap at stage 10 than pinnacle)

2. you should go for msp 5 and 3 xanos/desolate (msp is easy now since it's mostly in dc and the servers are not merged)

3. I think earth for you is suitable now, then once you get better gear you can use shadow? (not confident)

4. purple train, daily challanges, events

5. we are away behind by 1 year content, because in china/kr they already have the new class, higher level cap, ultimate skills, new crafting system and new continent that's above Gunwon city.

that's pretty much I guess.

23 hours ago, RavTH said:

"4. purple train"

What does this mean? Selling Purple gear on the market place?

Thanks so much for the reply RavTH, really helped me out! Glad to see people around on the forums who are willing to help randies like myself ^.^

On 28.8.2017 at 7:19 AM, RavTH said:

5. we are away behind by 1 year content, because in china/kr they already have the new class, higher level cap, ultimate skills, new crafting system and new continent that's above Gunwon city.

Wrong. NCsoft is working to get us on the same status as KR / CN are. We are only a few months away by now. E.g. Gunner was released a bit less than 3 months ago, while we will get it in 2 weeks. There is a chance to get lvl 55 with gunner itself, although I personally think that will be released in the next content patch. Generally, the plan is to be more or less on the same level (in terms of patches) than KR at the end of this year.

43 minutes ago, Rexxgrim said:

What does this mean? Selling Purple gear on the market place?

Purple train is doing all the level 50 epic dungeons for the gold from the daily quests. Just hit F8 to go to the dungeon lobby to find groups. At your AP, you can do all up to Sogun's Lament, above that and people start getting picky about AP and gear. Once you hit 800 AP, you should be able to find groups for Ebondrake Citadel and Desolate Tomb (you can try to farm this for the legendary Necklace). At 850 AP, you can join groups for Naryu Foundry (farm for legendary Belt) and 900 AP for Naryu Sanctum (farm for legendary Bracelet).

Alternatively, you can also try joining a clan and hope they don't mind having you tag along in the higher dungeons to speed up the process.

Right now, the current ongoing event allows you to buy items that let you upgrade your weapon at a discount, so it would be worth getting started on that as soon as you can to help catch up faster.

Actually destroyers are the new meta right now. With their new party iframe, they are tankier and wanted in parties. The new legendary mystic badge is an amazing boost for damage. In 6v6 a maxed ascendant destroyer is pretty much invincible.

Unfortunately, most of the game changers for destroyers are raid drops, so you won't output good dps until you are end game geared. (Well, all classes want end game gear, but destroyers are really bottom of the barrel without it).

I don't know what mid game is for you specifically but end game destroyers are going for shadow right now. You want baleful axe though, it will make levelling easier until you get to the point where you are deciding between raven or riftwalk.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, Yarnz said:

If you don't plan to spend $1000+ then don't come back. Games not worth it. More and more pay to win. PM me if u want to know in details why you shouldn't come back.

nice troll. if you got time to waste, dont waste it here. go out. dont pm him. dont give him fame to his post. even if its a joke. his trying to ruin this game.

On 29/08/2017 at 6:47 AM, Leyren said:

Wrong. NCsoft is working to get us on the same status as KR / CN are. We are only a few months away by now. E.g. Gunner was released a bit less than 3 months ago, while we will get it in 2 weeks. There is a chance to get lvl 55 with gunner itself, although I personally think that will be released in the next content patch. Generally, the plan is to be more or less on the same level (in terms of patches) than KR at the end of this year.

we don't have Solak, nor the Kun/Jun place as a end story probably, we don't even have new upgrade systems so I would say we are 1 year behind, because as we get what they have in other versions now they will get another update.

Archived