BNS on console D:

Wataru

I'm pretty sure someone made this up just so you can click on he/she website for some money. Where'd you find this link on, twitter?

They planned this back in 2012 and it never made it to its final cuts because it wasn't enough buttons for the controller to support this. you can find the video on youtube.....good luck with that.

10 hours ago, AmatsuDF said:

Never will happen, BNS is so old they can't bring it to consoles anymore, and it would cost them money. They hate spending money on this game.

There are mmo/mmorpgs that were recently brought/ported to consoles (PS4 and XB1) that are WAY older than BNS. These were games I alpha and beta tested on PC, way back in the day. I wouldn't say it's an impossibility at all.

It took me a while to think of the name of one of those mmorpgs, and it was "Onigiri". It had some super horrible optimization on PS4, and was way behind the content in the PC version. Other mmorpgs that ported from PC to consoles are "A.P.B." ("Reloaded", I think...?), "Neverwinter", and "Skyforge". I alpha and beta tested APB and NW on PC, and started SF on PC a little before it ported to console. Black Desert Online is coming to the new model of the XB1, I think it's called "XBOX One S" or something silly like that... Out of all of the mmorpgs coming to consoles, BDO is the most modern, current Gen game to make thebtransition. Oh, and "Phantasy Star Online 2" went from PC to PS4 and PSVita in Japan, and we were supposed to get them in the U.S., but it's just been an idea that's never been revisited, it seems. I play a little PSO2, but my brother plays it a lot more. It might be a last gen game, graphic-wise, but it has the heaviest, most robust customization system I've ever seen in ANY video game to this day. They still make new content for it too, and the game is still awesome.^^

Also, "Dragon's Dogma Online" has been live in Japan for about a year now, I think. I loved the original vanilla game, and beta tested the Japanese version, anticipating a North American release.

Anyway, I play BNS with a controller. I play Fortnite on PC with a controller, and since I'm a founder, I get to play the game on PS4, as well. There isn't supposed to be cross-play between the two platforms, but since there is cross-progression, it's partly possible through various means. I hear you just can't use the text-based chat between the two platforms, but that's nothing a phone with Discord or Skype over a speakerphone can easily fix.^^;

So BNS going to console is within the realm of possibility, and high in likelihood, just because it's already controller friendly-is since NA launch on PC, and is neither too new nor too old for the tech in a PS4 (non-pro), or XB1. The framerate might suffer a little unless they sacrifice graphical quality for performance, and the NA localization team would need to iron out all the cap problems we currently have on PC, if the experience is to be a good one for the player/consumer. They had to do as much, bringing FFXI to PS2 back in the day, and FFXIV on PS4. The PS2's FFXI ran smoothly on the PS2, but at a very low resolution that resulted in everything looking grainy and with no anti-aliasing applied. BNS would probably not have the graphical settings you're used to seeing on the PC version, if they ported it to consoles, but not everyone has a hotrod PC, so for some people, it might actually look better. My previous PC  wouldn't run BNS well and I'd get stuck on load screens while my group would already be halfway through a dungeon before I'd even load in, if not already at the boss. With my current PC, I'm usually the first one in the boss room, just because I load faster and run at 60fps with the settings maxed out, sans client-side issues. Lol

-But if having BNS on console means getting some of my console-only friends into the game, I'm all in favor of it.^^

You have 4 thumb buttons.  One trigger held down and you have 4 more.  The other trigger held down, and you have 4 more.  That'll take care of all attacks, along with tab, q &e.

The two triggers on the other hand can take care of space and shift.  And you still have the L-pad to assign stuff to, along with the start and select buttons, which can be augmented with the trigger combo.  They just have to make scroll-down menus for non-combat items.

I used to play Guild Wars 2 (only because friends played that awful game) with an X-box controller.  I had to use a keyboard emulator because GW2 didn't support game controllers.

Archived