Fashion: Can we get more opportunities to get dressed?

Zini

"Look & Style" is a big part of this game. So, i don't know why we have only 1-piece-clothes. In many other games, you can separate top and bottom. They even have more possibillities to play around and make your own outfit combination. But B&S has only 4 boxes/panels. And one of them has items, that fit only with 1 curtain outfit. So, 3 boxes left. Why is it limited like this? Can't you separate them and add more boxes/panels? A little bit more options for fashion and style can't hurt anyone.

Sample with 9 boxes: (Soul Shield is on page 2)

d8c38f-1501745332.png

Weapon + gems like usual.
Left side: Current accessories to increase the values.
Right side: fashin

1. Head - Hair
2. Head - Hat
3. Head - Face (mask, glasses, earring, beard, 2nd hat/hair part, body paint, tattoo)

4. Top (shirt, blouse, sweater, dress, bikini top, ...)
5. Bottom (trousers, skirt, "dress", bikini bottom, ...)
6. Shoes

7. Ornament/Back/Front (wings, tail, jacket, necklace, scarf, belt, ...)
8. Hands/Arms (ring, bracelet, short/long gloves, tattoo)
9. Legs (short/long socks, pantyhose, tattoo)

One-piece-clothes/costumes can still be equipped. Then, other needed boxes are locked.
sample: a dress is placed in the top-box, bottom-box is locked.
sample: outfit top-bottom-shoes: placed in top-box, the other two boxes locked.

Advantages:
- more costume/parts in shop
- you can place more parts in the game to search and find
- bigger selection for events
- more possibilities for future costume design contests
- more unique character you see in the game
- (probably more)

Disadvantage:
- ? (are there any?) (maybe less space in inventory for non premium member)

28 minutes ago, Zini said:

Disadvantage:

Too much efforts. Basically, you need to rework the entire outfit system.

If any thing, they should make Outfit Adornment to be not bound to specific outfit. I would love Phoenix Wings on some other outfits than the Phoenix outfit itself.

30 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

Too much efforts. Basically, you need to rework the entire outfit system.

If any thing, they should make Outfit Adornment to be not bound to specific outfit. I would love Phoenix Wings on some other outfits than the Phoenix outfit itself.

Yeah Kozuki is right, too much effort...we all know they are busy fixing every single bugs/servers issue and that take a lot of time to create an event such as "trove event"...

So yes once again too much effort, people arent paid to make "too much effort" sitting on chair...

That is a great idea. Of course it will be a lot of effort, but when more people will leave this game.....

Like most of the people i am playing this game not for gear but for other things.

I want the Dark Angel outfit shoes with another piece of outfit. There will be a lot of combinations.

Outfits are a great way to keep this game alive. More and more people that i know have left this game because of the trash outfits that are in the store and more. Some of them were super whales, but now NcSoft will earn less and less money.

I hope they will put your idea in action, or soon i am sure that we will have another server merge, not only on 9 August :))).

Have fun.

2 hours ago, joenator said:

...we all know they are busy fixing every single bugs/servers issue and that take a lot of time to create an event such as "trove event"...

Good one.

I laughed. Then cried.

But yeah. Aside from the effort of implenting such a system and thus changing the existing one, checking every piece of existing geometry so it doesn't clip would be too much of a hassle.

I would also like to see something like this but I don't it will happen. Hell, I would settle for just some of the hairstyles in character customization to be available to be bought from the HM store. I  know u can get most of them from in the game but they always have a hat or flowers attached, I just what the hairstyles with the option to put on the hat if I want. I don't feel like changing ones hairstyle should be a part of altering a character, which would make an in-game barber shop a great gold sink

This isn't possible due to the hundreds of mesh-morph variations of outfit pieces that would have to be taken into consideration in order to make all items compatible with everything else. In order to do this, top, bottom, stocking, undergarment, and shoe designs would have to be limited to several different compatible mesh shapes in order to make it possible, and you'd actually feel even MORE restricted than you do now, because costumes would amount to recolors of the same shapes over and over again.

The few games that do have this (Mabinogi, for example) Have a lot of problems with clipping and certain meshes "bulging" (Mainly shoes underneath pants that don't work) In Aion you can do this, to some extent, but of course not everything is compatible and most of the time you end up looking aweful if you mix armors.

The only thing I'd like to see is the separation of head adornment/wig slot especially on MALE characters (It already is this way, to some extent, on females -wigs can be worn with some head adornments) And they could definitely try to go to the trouble of making hats work with the few hairstyles in game. But I digress- it just wouldn't work.

Personally, I'm glad I don't have to buy each and every peice of an outfit...just imagine how much MORE they would cost if NCSoft needed to mesh every single piece separately?

Archived