Im losing directions.

So yeah. I think im in a point where i got unmotivated and kinda disappointed with myself. and now i really lost direction on what to do

It started with the release of naryu foundry and later skybreak spire. and naturally i would like to progress to those Dg's and as early as possible as i in early days people are still learning.  However i lost my opportunity already, mainly because one natural barrier i can't overcome. namely ping or delay.  When i asked for a practice in clan.. they told me to PUG it.. which of course an option but we know F8 people is kinda salty toward learning run.  Plus im already lost my opportunity to learn driving and such because i geared myself up first to reach 700AP (now i stand at 713 atm) and it took time.   Clearly with delay or ping i have now.. im not gonna make the cut to get any party or fullfilling their dps demand.  (mine is 280-300ms or more and never the "recommended" 200ms max for Des)  I am using pingzapper  as VPN to get that but well... my in game delay meter keep showing 308 ms or more. 

Same story happened for Skybreak Spire and adds more salt to already open wound.  and then, the day came when i was at my weakspot..someone triggered me in my old clan, then i said farewell and pressed leave clan button.  From that on i lost all sense of direction.. a friend invited me into a new clan but, i don't really expect much from it.  My new clan asked me to farm EC,NF and DT for leg items. Well EC and DT i can handle (mechanically not DPSily) but Foundry.. i found myself demotivated to do it.. because the critical driving mech im not able to master (what i can do is support CC, 2 or 3..no more).  In a dungeon i expect myself to know the roles so when someone can't do or unwilling to do..i can fill in and keep the runs going.  But for foundry... well the most critical mech i lacked..thus im afraid if i run foundry and someone is unwilling or no one can actually drive..i can go in and fill the role.

I would really love to do a vid, doing those solo with des and yah.. those stuff.  But it seems i can no longer cope with the distance between the server and me. and it hurts me alot. Those people who close to me seems to be no longer playing, and those who still came appears to be busy with other stuff (X-server, farming with their own static)  The best of them returned to her home country and quit.. leaving no discord or any reachable account.  another one that still active moved to Poharan.

What im doing was well.. go shadow build to compensate.  which seems to help but.. can't do stable 15-20K dps. and apparently still slower and less hit counts compared to other shadow des with better ping.. which would mean i hit less and i took a moral punch for not be able to do better.  When grabbing.. i noticed deep loss of my own DPS down to 6k or even less.  Fury does not do much of a help for me. So yeah... whenever i go 4 man.. i literally gritting my teeth and.. no 4 man foundry for me.    I asked for advice and people just say "play better"... well What kind of "Play better" i could do if i can't even hit as much as others, what rotations, what skills ?.  That really frustrates me even more... and somewhat made me think that other people will only appreciate/empathize others misfortune if they experienced it themselves.  Class roll.. well.. i expect it will screw me up with same problem.. and the learning curve would be a hurdle. Im still trying to optimize my rotations, timing etc but, i really feel lost now.

I would love to play TW or closer Asian server but, obviously language barrier will kill me and make me unable to properly convey myself to the player base there.  My expectation if i play TW is mostly i will end up with TW player not english speaking one.. and in hard dungeons it would be a problem.  and No english patch won't help as what i desire is actively socialize..exchange information and basically make friends and understand each others. 

but well... yah.. i feel really lost now.. what im doing in game now is just.. random stuff like daily challenge, helping random people in blue dg and sometime farming Desolate and citadel.

Need a good counseling and maybe... some good 5 other people to try and wipe together in foundry and such...

Ive done over 100 foundry runs and have no idea how to drive. Why do you think you have to learn to drive to be able to do the dungeon? Also yea people with high ping have terrible DPS, so what? Just join a random group that's advertising 700+ and go do the dungeon instead of complaining.

You can get all the legendary accessories in 6 man, you do not need to do 4 man for legendary accessories, so no one will see your DPS anyways.

People don't even ask for a link showing run completion, I cant remember the last time I saw that.

18 minutes ago, JonJonPoPongZ said:

I Why do you think you have to learn to drive to be able to do the dungeon?

Moral responsibility.  when someone not willing or unable to do a role.. naturally someone else must volunteer, and do the role.  I really don't like to see ppl fighting over and throw responsibility to each other... If i can do a role..i will take that role.

Oh and addition... I was rejected at 6 man foundry too.  so i think before start making party..i should know how to do critical mech there first.

Sounds like you just need a good clan again that will take you in and teach you, or give you the opportunity for you to learn.  Unfortunately, I can't experience the same pain as you with the ping problems, but I can feel the same way in terms of being stuck in your progress.  I remember the time I couldn't even get Asura soul shields, cause I just plain sucked back then.  But after getting into a guild, that gave me a chance to run dungeons, gave me tips, failing, etc..., it made me a better player.

I have a casual clan that does some learning runs here and there, if you're in Gunma server group, feel free to send a PM, and maybe I can have you tag along.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cricket! To get that far with such atrocious latency - you had to have the balls of steel...
The game is much more enjoyable with low ping. Go to TW server or whatever is closest to you and find an english speaking guild there. That would be the best option. If you insist to play on NA - just relax, find a casual guild that will not stress you about your gear and have fun with less intense content.

Archived