The reason why this game is both f2p and p2w at the same time

CrimsonDuskEU

1 hour ago, Half said:

Ofcourse it helps. May not here, but as long as people don't agree with a system like this, other games will may have a more fair f2p. All what you try to do is to stop people telling there opinion ... wow that's great. Don't allow to publish any opinion and the world is fine. And you can be sure, I don't leave this game because of p2w, I just never play a game from NCSoft again after this one (and I will leave BNS with lvl 55 content).

And whaat Fufia said is a good point. You may just say it for this thread, but in another thread about RNG or ping or unbalance or ... everytime there's anyone who say "Seriously, why do people keep making these threads?". I just could answer "Seriously, why do people keep making these answers?", because it makes no useless to stop people to discuss about something. If you nobody cares about this topic, then just don't write anything instead of this: if nobody cares, nobody will answer ... if somebody cares, they will anwser ... so easy.

I'm not trying to stifle anyone's opinion, but I guess to you guys anyone who disagrees is doing just that. 

Do you know how many pay to win threads are made on any free to play game forum? And how many companies actually do something about it? All I'm saying is that constantly complaining about this particular issue is not going to change anything. They already have their business model, and if it keeps making them money, then they probably aren't going to do anything about it. You can either get over it and enjoy the game as best you can, or you can quit and move on to another game. The only way anything is going to change is if people stop paying for it, but sadly that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.

This will be my last reply on this subject as I'm tired of trying to have a discussion when clearly it isn't working. If you want to keep making complaining threads that most likely aren't even read or taken seriously by the mods then go ahead. You're only wasting your own time.

If you can't spend money on this game there is no point of playing it.  You will  always stay behind with this rate of updates you will never reach the whales , they will be always "years" away from the free to play player. So one thing left Quit the game! You can stay here and make threads about it, but as BanyWing said as long as there are people feeding  their wallets nothing will change it could go even worse, but you can keep trying nothing stop you.  I think quitting the game it's better option..   Wonder when it will be the end of  it.

37 minutes ago, Shushi said:

If you can't spend money on this game there is no point of playing it.  You will  always stay behind with this rate of updates you will never reach the whales , they will be always "years" away from the free to play player. So one thing left Quit the game! You can stay here and make threads about it, but as BanyWing said as long as there are people feeding  their wallets nothing will change it could go even worse, but you can keep trying nothing stop you.  I think quitting the game it's better option..   Wonder when it will be the end of  it.

Umm... this is not true. I haven't payed anything to this game besides having premium and I'm catching up to people who do buy lots of stuff. Sure I'm taking my time with it, but I'm catching up nevertheless. They only got a bit further because of trove, but eventually I will still catch up. All they are doing is paying to progress quicker, we people who don't pay for anything can still catch up, but just at a slower pace.

27 minutes ago, Kisagii said:

Umm... this is not true. I haven't payed anything to this game besides having premium and I'm catching up to people who do buy lots of stuff. Sure I'm taking my time with it, but I'm catching up nevertheless. They only got a bit further because of trove, but eventually I will still catch up. All they are doing is paying to progress quicker, we people who don't pay for anything can still catch up, but just at a slower pace.

And how much hours per day do  you play? 

Sounds to me like an awful lot of people complaining about this game being P2W while sounding an awful lot like they've never experienced a real P2W game. 

P2W: You purchase items & boosts that give you massive advantages over players that don't buy these items, which can only be obtained in game from the cash shop.

P2W: All top PvP or end game raids are dominated by players & guilds that buy the previous mentioned cash shop items or boosts. It is impossible for other players to compete without buying these items as well.

P2W: Levels, legendary weapons, and permanent stat boost titles can be purchased from the cash shop. These items from the cash shop have better damage, stats, & additional buffs that the titles & legendary weapons obtained regularly by in game raid / dungeon boss drops (or PvP vendor with PvP currency) do not have.

This is not BnS by any close imagination.

Blade & Soul: With a good group of dedicated friends of 5-10 can farm all materials needed to max out weapon to stage 10 non legendary within 1 week easily playing 4 hours a day.

Blade & Soul: With a dedicated group of 6 friends you can easily max out all accessories to stage 10 non legendary in 1 week playing 4 hours a day.

Blade & Soul: After getting your crew up to all stage 10 non legendary, you can easily farm materials needed for stage 5 legendary within 2 weeks just by doing all dungeon dailies, MSP, SSP, & some 6v6 (even if you get crushed by whales).

Blade & Soul: Your 6 man crew can then farm EC for ring back to back until everyone gets ring. Took us 2 weeks for 6 players.

Blade & Soul: Your 6 man crew can then work on 4 man content easily & 6 man to farm necklace. It took us almost 4 weeks due to bad RNG, but during that time we saved up enough gold to upgrade necklace to stage 5. 

Blade & Soul: Obtain legendary pet by farming pets & using farmed gold to buy off F5 over the course of 8 weeks.

So you either play with a group of friend (like all Korean MMOs require to be successful), you lone wolf it in F8 pugs which takes you 10 times longer, or you buy the materials off the cash shop in limited amounts when available & convert cash to gold (which supports a lot of F2P players) & still have to do dungeons for upgrade weapon requirements, & BOP items to unlock hong moon skills.

BnS isn't pay to win. Anyone who has played a true pay to win game knows this. Anyone persisting that BnS is P2W has no idea what P2W actually is (concentrating solely on the "pay" part of that acronym) or is just throwing a temper tantrum because people willing to pay cash can speed up a long tedious lengthy process to get the same end results as someone who doesn't pay a dime into the game.

10 hours ago, BabyWing said:

First, I'm only talking about p2w. Don't try to bring other things into this conversation, because I didn't say anything about them. This thread is about this game being p2w, not about FPS issues or gameguard or RNG or any of that.

Second, as hard as it may be for you to believe, not everyone is bothered by p2w and are actually willing to spend money on it. As long as people like that exist, companies will keep introducing p2w into their free to play games because they know people will still pay for it. It's not going to change, and constantly making threads complaining about it is not going to help.

I dont try bring other thing into this conversation. Is just a example why your argument is bad you can use this for all topics and dont help in anything.

Sorry but when i see this argument i just can think ppl try hide the subject.

And yes i know same ppl like this p2w and same ppl think this is not p2w.

Yes i know is not going to change. Companies just see numbers $

But why is so bad ppl do a post if they dont like something in game? Is the only way to change something.

If NCS come to forum and say: This is not going to change. in this case yea no poit in doing more posts.

On 3/8/2017 at 6:49 AM, Tigerlily said:

bullshit

So u say in total of 18 weeks u get stage 10 scorpio, legendary stage 5 and lv 1 legend pet ? That's low gear, long time, takes 2 days with swiping.

Pets are not farmable ingame (i've seen like 4 pet in over 1k cs), ultimate pet is a HUGE advantage in 6v6, like very huge

Raven stage 6 , new access stage 10, full BT SS, is p2w, because trove, u cant by any way got enough feather to do it without.

If u gonna say u can Ctrl-C to buy ncoin, then u have to admit any other 'real p2w' games had this kind of exchange, just not a UI dedicated to it.

In the same way i can say, i've played 'real f2p' games, where there was nothing more but cosmetics to buy in cash shop.

Bns IS p2w, so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a definition in this so smart urban dictionary that defines the unfair advantage of ppl over the casual 40+ worker with a reallife? 

like "slack to play" (s2p) ? 

Never thought about it this way in mom's cellar, eh? 

In my opinion, bns does at least some thing better than other progression-based mmos. 

Archived