The reason why this game is both f2p and p2w at the same time

CrimsonDuskEU

f2p when : -No RNG box -No Trove -No F10 item bundles (CTRL+C not P2W because gold is farmed by players).

P2w when : (interfere with in-game economy with production of mats and items out of thin air) -Trove Event -f10 RNG box -F10 mats bundles

Conclusion : This game was p2w at only certain "event" times, and with the business decision NCWest took, adding f10 bundles pretty much every week, in addition to frequently releasing RNG boxes and Trove events, is going more and more towards a p2w game.

P2w = Swipe for Mats/items that have not been farmed (f10 bundles, Trove, RNG boxes)

F2p = Swipe for MAts/items that have been farmed (through F5).

In Conclusion, if NCWest wants to redeem itself, and keep claiming this game is f2p and not P2w, they must stop interfering with in-game economy, by frequently crashing the market by giving the ability for players to swipe for mats/items that appear out of thin air, and not swipe for mats that have been farmed by players.

NCWest must buff the abyssmal drop rates (for example Mysterious Crystal drop in CS 1 seen out of 1000 runs), in order not to rely on such RNG events to produce mats that should be farmable by in-game grinding. And not being produced out of thin air in f10 shops.

As pure observation, with the current state of events, this game is P2W and not F2P. And contrary to the previous state of events, it is much more obvious.

I also failed to mention that you can swipe for legendary accessories, skipping the grind, with zakhan claws and other shit that drops from trove. Which further demonstrates that this game is P2W at its peak. You don't even have to farm stuff you had to farm previously.

I get that you come to the conclusion that this is a pay to win game (definition is different for every person.. let's not get into this please).

This game is definitely free to play, though. I know A LOT of players that pay max for premium, nothing else, and are 800+ AP. These guys just play alot, and can accomplish just as much as a swiper. 

I am one of those "swipers". I'm in no way a wale - atm at 745 AP with baleful 2, all mats ready for stage 10, only weapon that is missing as of now is Asura as it wasn't in trove.

I've spend more than 1500€ on this game since January, 500€ alone on this trove. 

Now, people already have gold of 5k and upwards. They can easily buy trove keys from players and don't have to buy them from NC. A lot of people actually do this. 

I see swiping just as means to save time, as you can get everything by playing normally - just (way) faster.

Edit:

NC actually influences the market every update, as almost every update the drop rates and item drop in general are changed. (SSP change, Naksun change, ornaments drop way more often in 6man just to name a few)

I dont understand how many times are there going to be such threads by you explaining how frustrated you are by people who spend money in the game.

Free-To-Play = you can create account and play the game without monthly/hourly subscription

Pay-To-Play = you can create account for free, but you need to pay monthly/hourly subscription to play

Pay-To-Win = gain unfair advantage over the casual players by buying items with real money that arent available to purchase by any kind of ingame currency

I dont understand what does f2p have to do with p2w in this. In Blade and Soul p2w is not a thing because there are no items in the shop (F10) that can influence the players stats and give them unfair advantage. Yes there are bundles with upgrading items, but thats not something you cant farm ingame right?

2 hours ago, NightFer said:

I dont understand how many times are there going to be such threads by you explaining how frustrated you are by people who spend money in the game.

Free-To-Play = you can create account and play the game without monthly/hourly subscription

Pay-To-Play = you can create account for free, but you need to pay monthly/hourly subscription to play

Pay-To-Win = gain unfair advantage over the casual players by buying items with real money that arent available to purchase by any kind of ingame currency

I dont understand what does f2p have to do with p2w in this. In Blade and Soul p2w is not a thing because there are no items in the shop (F10) that can influence the players stats and give them unfair advantage. Yes there are bundles with upgrading items, but thats not something you cant farm ingame right?

^ Not enough realise this and it annoys me everytime I see people say it's pay 2 win because they have clearly never played a game where p2w correctly applies. Like people should really consider themselves lucky this isn't true pay 2 win lol.

i joined a pug party in the 700+ ap im HM7 (have 700+ap) for ebondrake, theres this guy (HM11) who got pissed off and say something like "this game is becoming so terrible that players rely on swiping their gd c. cards!!.. [edited for evading the language filter by Mercatnip] this trove event [edited] trove wars" then he left"... i was "ok", what the hell is the problem with that guy? seriously? no one is stopping you to use real money. if you dont want to spend a dime then [edited], if you dont have the resources to do it [edited] and do it the long process. I/we are not violating your existence in the game so dont be an rude assh....

these people dont realize that the world they live in is the same, where people who have the money will spent for something to get it right away, while some will take their time and save for it and those people who just keep whining all day because its no fair.. 

don't even think about comparing both worlds, these 2 worlds should co exist with each other and stop being bitter about things you cant have that other can get immediately, remember that you have a choice here and no one is stopping you to do it.

also, there's no such things as free service which means those f2p players should be thankful that you guys can play for free. making a game in this kind of context is worth millions of investments, whats the point of making a game like this if you cannot get back what you have invested.. 

lastly even though we use real money in game were still in the RNG process like in this trove event, some items can be bought directly in f10 in which f2p can also take advantage due to currency converter. im not a whale, yes, i can afford to spent a few hundred dollars every month for this game and use it to compensate for the time i cant play the game, i can only play 3 hours during weekdays due to work and merely 10 hours on weekends. 

its just so irritating that p2w "thing" is too much of a big deal to this game community. FYI..its everywhere,.. deal with it and stop whining. that's my 2000000 cents. 

i think this game is f2p... ncsoft interferes in the market? i think the people has the wrong thought about how to play this game... the normal player tries to farm mats and tries no to get involve in the market by doing dungeons, that was my case... but i learn seeing videos that you can earn lots of gold doing different things and then selling in the market... so the moral here is focusing in farming gold not the mats cause the mats can go up and down in a very short time (for example soulstones, before the trove event they costs 25 silver each, now their value is less than 15 the last time a saw it). no matter the time u spend in the game, i can play only 3h between the week and in those 3h i can do the daily challenge, pvp (1,5h +-) and after i decide what to do, but i wont spend that 1,5h hours left in going to dgs cause im tired of doing dgs, yes you do good money in running dgs but i prefer going to an open area and farm mats that i know their value in the market is high.

so f2p totally... you only need to know in what spend ur time

Just a question...is it so important to understand if this game is f2p or p2w? As regularly this kind of threads appear. The matter is:

1. Do you like their business model? Play

2. Don't you like their business model? Don't play

I know ppl dont like to admit but yes this game is P2W ( but is the true for F2P games in this days)

The funy is the P2W in this game is hidden behind events and RNG make you pay more.

For all u dont admit this i recommend reading this http://www.psychguides.com/guides/video-game-addiction-symptoms-causes-and-effects/ or Google for video games addicted

Here for lazy ppl Just a little bit of the article.

Emotional Symptoms of Video Game Addiction

Some of the emotional signs or symptoms of video game addiction include:

Feelings of restlessness and/or irritability when unable to play

Preoccupation with thoughts of previous online activity or anticipation of the next online session

Lying to friends or family members regarding the amount of time spent playing

Isolation from others in order to spend more time gaming

Physical Symptoms of Video Game Addiction

Some of the physical signs or symptoms of video game addiction include:

Fatigue

Migraines due to intense concentration or eye strain

Carpal tunnel syndrome caused by the overuse of a controller or computer mouse

Poor personal hygiene

@Hightfer , only u and other swipers can believe in that kind of definition lol, p2w means what it means, u pay, to win. And bns is 95% p2w, that last trove being the worst, u can get full BT tower SS without even clearing last boss lol, while people farming it from the begining dont even have enough feather to buy only 7-8 SS. The 5% remaining is the 3 days goin to lv 50, the few access/weaps needed to upgrade and clear BT stage 3, which with already 900 AP isnt hard at all (inculding the fact finding a group with 900 AP), everything else u can buy it, also hongmoon gems that are not available outside cash shop , i'm talkin about those lv4 octo gems all whales got, not lv1 hexa u can get with luck and farm every few months on events(dont even try to compare 1 key per day to the 1000+keys lots already bought). Being able to buy HC by ctrl+C means nothing but an excuse, all games had cash shop money trade with ingame stuff/currency, the fact there is an ingame UI to do this doesnt remove the obvious p2w this game is.

Sooo once the updates stop for couple of years and even the slow people catches up to the high end players will it then also be p2w since hey they got there first? There are no items other than gems that cannot be obtained by playing alot but still they offer these things pretty easy for f2p also so in time once these "p2w" players are capped the others can start reaching to them even with the gems. So what is really a p2w now? The time people spend on playing? The time people spend on working irl and then paying to play further content easier?

38 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Sooo once the updates stop for couple of years and even the slow people catches up to the high end players will it then also be p2w since hey they got there first? There are no items other than gems that cannot be obtained by playing alot but still they offer these things pretty easy for f2p also so in time once these "p2w" players are capped the others can start reaching to them even with the gems. So what is really a p2w now? The time people spend on playing? The time people spend on working irl and then paying to play further content easier?

There are some nice definitions

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

On 6.3.2017 at 5:20 PM, NightFer said:

So even if you have 1mio gold you cannot buy trove keys as much as with rl money. Isn't it a kind of p2w? Even if you say "no" ... it comes close to it. And yes, I played a game with real p2w befor. Here the pay-to-progress is so strong, that you have no chance to come close to them without paying anything. For PvE it doesn't care since everybody can run every dungeon without paying. PvP is the problem - open world & battlegrounds. Not only that they are so much stronger that they kill you easily, also that you don't have so much time to play other content then farming stuff ... just to be not too far away from current content.

17 minutes ago, Half said:

So even if you have 1mio gold you cannot buy trove keys as much as with rl money. Isn't it a kind of p2w? Even if you say "no" ... it comes close to it. And yes, I played a game with real p2w befor. Here the pay-to-progress is so strong, that you have no chance to come close to them without paying anything. For PvE it doesn't care since everybody can run every dungeon without paying. PvP is the problem - open world & battlegrounds. Not only that they are so much stronger that they kill you easily, also that you don't have so much time to play other content then farming stuff ... just to be not too far away from current content.

find some trust worthy people, buy 100 keys for 1.5k = profit.

Seriously, why do people keep making these threads? Who cares whether the game is p2w or not? If you don't like p2w and you see the game as that, then don't play, simple. What are you even trying to accomplish with this thread?

here you are actually allowed to convert Ncoins directly into gold, and even those f2p who buy will still miss very important stuff in the cash shop. so what else is there to argue about? this combined with the bad ping made me question why i'm even still playing.

3 hours ago, BabyWing said:

Seriously, why do people keep making these threads? Who cares whether the game is p2w or not? If you don't like p2w and you see the game as that, then don't play, simple. What are you even trying to accomplish with this thread?

Seriously nice argumente just use this and all game go be beter!

Dont like bugs dont play

Dont like bad ping dont play

Dont like FPS drops dont play

Dont like RNG dont play

Dont like unbalance pvp dont play

Dont like NCS dont play

Dont like GG dont play

You say Who cares if game is P2W! I think you care and P2W is taboo for you :)

Seriously why is so bad for you a post like this?

1 hour ago, Fufia said:

Seriously nice argumente just use this and all game go be beter!

Dont like bugs dont play

Dont like bad ping dont play

Dont like FPS drops dont play

Dont like RNG dont play

Dont like unbalance pvp dont play

Dont like NCS dont play

Dont like GG dont play

You say Who cares if game is P2W! I think you care and P2W is taboo for you :)

Seriously why is so bad for you a post like this?

First, I'm only talking about p2w. Don't try to bring other things into this conversation, because I didn't say anything about them. This thread is about this game being p2w, not about FPS issues or gameguard or RNG or any of that.

Second, as hard as it may be for you to believe, not everyone is bothered by p2w and are actually willing to spend money on it. As long as people like that exist, companies will keep introducing p2w into their free to play games because they know people will still pay for it. It's not going to change, and constantly making threads complaining about it is not going to help.

Ofcourse it helps. May not here, but as long as people don't agree with a system like this, other games will may have a more fair f2p. All what you try to do is to stop people telling there opinion ... wow that's great. Don't allow to publish any opinion and the world is fine. And you can be sure, I don't leave this game because of p2w, I just never play a game from NCSoft again after this one (and I will leave BNS with lvl 55 content).

And whaat Fufia said is a good point. You may just say it for this thread, but in another thread about RNG or ping or unbalance or ... everytime there's anyone who say "Seriously, why do people keep making these threads?". I just could answer "Seriously, why do people keep making these answers?", because it makes no useless to stop people to discuss about something. If you nobody cares about this topic, then just don't write anything instead of this: if nobody cares, nobody will answer ... if somebody cares, they will anwser ... so easy.

Archived