how can a warlock win in pvp

eric11zhao

unlike melee classes they have many stun skill or sf and fm can freeze, i found warlock is pretty hard to win in pvp, especially vs a blade dancer, he can keep me daze and stun, also i have high ping i cant even fight back, each skill has 2 or 3 secs delay, mostly i got perfect ko by a blade dancer

Ehm BD and Destroyer just farm them with Dragoncall and have resist skill when you feel you wanna farm them.

Other than that most warlocks when doing combo take advantage of soulburn unsing quadruple aircombo burst or the have pet on that explode soak in stun thingy and boom.

If you have high ping then I already suggest not PvPing since your skill delays will get you killed, period.

Anyways as a WL against a BD, PvE them down. PvE them down means go Soulburn, Volley rmb, Helix 4 and spec your X and 1+F to knockdown(BDs and Destros are vulnerable to KDs when spinning). Time your Soulburn for when they're CCed and use bastion before Soulburn goes off for 10seconds of free iframes. Proceed to rmb + 4 + V and a Mantra thrown in to maintain some chi.

you can use helix or dragoncall stage 2. I also recommend using time distortion for your resets and use them wisely. I don't have much problems facing those classes and the most important thing is to try and make them use their escapes and all their skills. You also need to try and predict their attacks. WLs are pretty weak in pvp, but strong if you know them well. So just keep doing pvp and you'll be good at it since practice makes perfect.

9 hours ago, eric11zhao said:

unlike melee classes they have many stun skill or sf and fm can freeze, i found warlock is pretty hard to win in pvp, especially vs a blade dancer, he can keep me daze and stun, also i have high ping i cant even fight back, each skill has 2 or 3 secs delay, mostly i got perfect ko by a blade dancer

I am wl so i will give some tips.Spec your ss to snare also the 2(forgot the name) to snare, spec sactum to resist cc also use bastion when u have used all of the above,spec the block for kd.If you are against a bd or worst bm it's probably gonna be cc to death so I suggest as wl to do 3vs3 cause u are incredibly useful there.When assisting make sb each time u enter, I have won lots of fights because of that.Also for 1vs1 sb after you have used all your skills and are in cd and have thrall spec to either stun or do knockback, and use the fall in skill if the opponent comes too close.

9 hours ago, eric11zhao said:

also i have high ping i cant even fight back, each skill has 2 or 3 secs delay,

Then you're not going to be able to PvP at all. With any class. 

Anything over 300ms in Arena is probably a lost cause.  

Ignoring that. 
One of Wl's key strengths in PvP is the ability to spec almost every skill to pierce parry. This almost completely shuts down a destro's or Bd's defenses as the parry spam is one of the things that makes "spin2win" work so well against other classes. With those speced it's a lot safer to just sling attacks at classes where you'd otherwise eat a parry stun. (Even including other WLs with parry quell)

For 1v1s, void slash is almost a necessity. It's allllllllll the way at the bottom and it's one of the thrall skills you can spec. Same tree as nether pulse. What that basically does, is every time you land one of your [precious few] CCs on an enemy. Your thrall will pop them into the air, effectively extending your CC and leaving your enemy completely defenseless against your attacks. Most of your attacks will still target and hit airborne enemies, and in some cases do extra damage. Mostly you're looking to land leech, bombardment/Volley and Dragoncall/Helix on your airborne targets. If you have all the proper HM skills, WL actually has a 100-0 air combo, (Almost. Needs to crit to literally 100-0) though you're not going to be able to pull it off with bad ping, mostly just mentioning it to point out WL actually has a pretty strong air game. 

It's pretty hard to say, surely WL is pretty hard to pvp for beginner because they are lack of iframe skill, and it requires you a lot of knowledge about the other classes. But trust me, WL is one of the top toughest class in arena right now. If you get used to WL, and know other classes skill well, surely, you can finish your opponent in 10s with TD and CC lock.The key for WL in arena is : "practicing", watch pvp video from top pvp WL .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived