Legendary SS question

Kayane

Ok! so let's say you're a noob, but you worked hard all weekend, and got some legendary soulshield from msp.  You don't know much about SS, but you know you need crit on all of them.  So you unseal those ss and realise there's no crit on them D:  What do you do?

If you can get 3 together, it might be worth it to use them for the skill damage boost (for KFM certainly true). Just use them with crit fusion until you get a better version. You can then use the old ones to upgrade the stats of the new ones. :)

Pretty much what Shuchin says, you're actually getting the Legendary SS more for the set effects first than the 'crit' values.  Each piece can be fused with more than 250+ crit, so it can easily cover the missed crit from older shields.  In addition, piece 5,7,8 are guaranteed crit rolls, so you can still achieve 55%+ from gear and crit fusion alone.

Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it :) By crit fusion, do you mean critical soul shield primers? I never did fusion, so not really sure how it works, I notice they're pretty expensive, like the purple I beleive gives 296 crit? do I just feed one of those to the SS and boom, +296 crit? 

18 hours ago, Kayane said:

Ok! so let's say you're a noob, but you worked hard all weekend, and got some legendary soulshield from msp.  You don't know much about SS, but you know you need crit on all of them.  So you unseal those ss and realise there's no crit on them D:  What do you do?

having crit is not ever thing

On 23/01/2017 at 11:18 PM, Kayane said:

Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it :) By crit fusion, do you mean critical soul shield primers? I never did fusion, so not really sure how it works, I notice they're pretty expensive, like the purple I beleive gives 296 crit? do I just feed one of those to the SS and boom, +296 crit? 

Yes since a while you can only fuse the crafted primers. You can use green versions which only cost a few silver, blue which go for 6-10 gold and purple  which are really expensive. Also golden but I am not sure they have that as a craft yet? We had them as a transformation during the MSP event...

Anyway you do not simply fuse them and get max bonus, there's always a RNG range. For green it's also skewed, you get low values much more often than high values. So usual fusion with a green primer would be around 100ish. With a blue, expect anything from half the max to max. Purples I have not had enough to really get a good feeling, but even with the small number I used, one or two of them gave me max bonus so it does not seem too bad. But they go for 70 gold or so. =_='

52 minutes ago, Shuchin said:

Yes since a while you can only fuse the crafted primers. You can use green versions which only cost a few silver, blue which go for 6-10 gold and purple  which are really expensive. Also golden but I am not sure they have that as a craft yet? We had them as a transformation during the MSP event...

Anyway you do not simply fuse them and get max bonus, there's always a RNG range. For green it's also skewed, you get low values much more often than high values. So usual fusion with a green primer would be around 100ish. With a blue, expect anything from half the max to max. Purples I have not had enough to really get a good feeling, but even with the small number I used, one or two of them gave me max bonus so it does not seem too bad. But they go for 70 gold or so. =_='

Are you using vendor bought primers or something?

These might not be exact since the server is down but...

Green primers can't roll below ~158 (up to 235)

Blue primers can't go below ~179 (up to 254)

Best bang for your buck is probably either:

a) using Green if it can max the piece you're trying to fuse

b) just use all Blue if you feel like your RNG with Green is going to be really bad

Personally I wouldn't use primers on anything below Asura, and wouldn't usually use blue primers on anything below Ebondrake/Tomb/MSP but ymmv.

EDIT: OK, Moonwater primers do roll ~100, and cost in the silver range... but they're only usable on level 45 soulshields.

(Naryu Labs fused with them is a nice cheap starter set...)

Also, I feel like primers have ~25% chance to roll max, but that's completely anecdotal, I have not tested it.

Legendary primers are craftable too btw, have been for a bit now - but they're far too expensive to consider for most players (even Purple is) and only EC/DT 6,7,8 and MSP 1-8 can even get stats fused significantly above the Blue primer max

thanks for the corrections, yes I mixed up Moonwater and Silverfrost there, maybe because the blue prices are so similar.

Green Silverfrost are a lot more expensive (2-5, even sometimes 7 gold) and hence I also never use them but go for blue there as well.

Archived