Event could've been handled a bit better~

ChubbyFatBoy

Ran across a thread somewhere else and it occurred to me. The anniversary event could've been a smidgen bit better (like actually being fun for one :v!). Why is it that for an event celebrating 1 yr of BnS'n that they decided to ignore essentially all the older dungeons including the ones that have been here since the start? again. This could've been PRIME time to have made those dungeons relevant even if for a bit.

If you do every dungeon currently that offers tokens while using no resets you come out to 22 tokens. A couple of those dungeons will be out of reach for some other folks so why not have made it more simple? NC could've easily added tokens to older dungeons giving folks a slight reason to maybe run them. Putting tokens in older dungeons could've allowed newer people and I mean actual new new low geared players a way to participate while possibly reviving those dungeons for a bit. 

Now one would think this is too easy to stack up coins then. Having so many dungeons to run you could quick stack and get all the rewards, and to that i would say who cares? It's an event, not normal gearing. HOWEVER! fine, fine just to play both sides. They could've put a limit on the amount. You would only be able to get 22 tokens off dungeons NOT including resets. That way no matter what route you choose, whether the current higher tier or lower tier, you would always be able to hit your target while remaining fair for everyone and simply giving options to others. That way nearly no one would have a reason of not being able to get all the coins they need while allowing folks to have a reason to run old content for the change in scenery or whatever.

Run your newer friends through a dungeon while getting what you need. Have a reason to use those alts without the full stress of gearing it perfectly. If you don't have time to run higher dungeons because of life then run some lower lvl ones right quick and get some coins. Method could've appealed to just about anyone. 

The only downside I can see atm being brought up are from those that want to feel special that they had the power, time and/or alts to get everything and then some. While the event is fine as is since it just adds to the status quo I was going to do anyway, it could've been a bit better.

Just my opinion ofc~

Tbh, I think Daily Challenge suffers from this problem too. There's always at least one dungeon on there I can't do because I don't have enough AP, which sucks because I feel like the Daily Challenge's entire purpose is to help people get geared a little easier. Does it really matter if there are 1-2 days a week where EVERYONE can get the Challenge done? Do we really always need to have some c**kblock dungeon like Sogun's or Shattered Masts stopping lowbies from completing it? Higher-geared players will still be able to do all 7 days of Daily Challenge, but 1 or 2 "easier" days with just stuff like the original 3 Silverfrost purples and a blue dungeon or maybe even the three purple 45s and like Heaven's Mandate means that alts or newer players can actually collect the daily currency too, instead of feeling pressured to join a clan or hoping they can slide by with carries in F8.

I'm working on getting geared mostly through buying what I need off the market and crafting niche items to earn gold, but I'd happily do the Daily Challenge once in a while if it were 4 PVE options that I could reasonably complete. (I'm not that interested in PVP, sadly, even equalized arena - let alone the whalefest that is 6v6).

52 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Tbh, I think Daily Challenge suffers from this problem too. There's always at least one dungeon on there I can't do because I don't have enough AP, which sucks because I feel like the Daily Challenge's entire purpose is to help people get geared a little easier. Does it really matter if there are 1-2 days a week where EVERYONE can get the Challenge done? Do we really always need to have some c**kblock dungeon like Sogun's or Shattered Masts stopping lowbies from completing it? Higher-geared players will still be able to do all 7 days of Daily Challenge, but 1 or 2 "easier" days with just stuff like the original 3 Silverfrost purples and a blue dungeon or maybe even the three purple 45s and like Heaven's Mandate means that alts or newer players can actually collect the daily currency too, instead of feeling pressured to join a clan or hoping they can slide by with carries in F8.

I'm working on getting geared mostly through buying what I need off the market and crafting niche items to earn gold, but I'd happily do the Daily Challenge once in a while if it were 4 PVE options that I could reasonably complete. (I'm not that interested in PVP, sadly, even equalized arena - let alone the whalefest that is 6v6).

Indeed it does. Before I was able to gear up I just couldn't complete all 4 of the dailies because there was always just one or two reasonable things within my power to do. Use to irritate me to no end that we have all these dungeons yet the same ones kept getting up into rotation. Granted I no longer have this issue BUT it still remains an issue regardless. Game has too many bottlenecks imo.

49 minutes ago, Shukran said:

evey donungeon before yeti is stupidly easy.

just F8 and press LFP.

maybe the  right sentence would have been:

why i had so poor decision making in chosing server and i got a empty one.

hence F8 answer your problems.

I'm sorry what? what does ANYTHING of what you just said, have to do with ANYTHING of what I have said? F8 answers NOTHING having to do with what I said. A empty server nor a populated has NOTHING to do with what I have said. What in the actual? But let's take a cue from your book!

why I didn't read and/or understand what was said yet decided to say something anyway.

hence actually reading answer your problems.

10 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Indeed it does. Before I was able to gear up I just couldn't complete all 4 of the dailies because there was always just one or two reasonable things within my power to do. Use to irritate me to no end that we have all these dungeons yet the same ones kept getting up into rotation. Granted I no longer have this issue BUT it still remains an issue regardless. Game has too many bottlenecks imo.

I'm sorry what? what does ANYTHING of what you just said, have to do with ANYTHING of what I have said? F8 answers NOTHING having to do with what I said. A empty server nor a populated has NOTHING to do with what I have said. What in the actual? But let's take a cue from your book!

why I didn't read and/or understand what was said yet decided to say something anyway.

hence actually reading answer your problems.

im pretty sure i mixed up some kind of wrong post in wrong thread trying to convince myself i was doing it right. mb. now i dont really know what thread i was aiming at... well.. should i delete post?

1 hour ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Ran across a thread somewhere else and it occurred to me. The anniversary event could've been a smidgen bit better (like actually being fun for one :v!). Why is it that for an event celebrating 1 yr of BnS'n that they decided to ignore essentially all the older dungeons including the ones that have been here since the start? again. This could've been PRIME time to have made those dungeons relevant even if for a bit.

If you do every dungeon currently that offers tokens while using no resets you come out to 22 tokens. A couple of those dungeons will be out of reach for some other folks so why not have made it more simple? NC could've easily added tokens to older dungeons giving folks a slight reason to maybe run them. Putting tokens in older dungeons could've allowed newer people and I mean actual new new low geared players a way to participate while possibly reviving those dungeons for a bit. 

Now one would think this is too easy to stack up coins then. Having so many dungeons to run you could quick stack and get all the rewards, and to that i would say who cares? It's an event, not normal gearing. HOWEVER! fine, fine just to play both sides. They could've put a limit on the amount. You would only be able to get 22 tokens off dungeons NOT including resets. That way no matter what route you choose, whether the current higher tier or lower tier, you would always be able to hit your target while remaining fair for everyone and simply giving options to others. That way nearly no one would have a reason of not being able to get all the coins they need while allowing folks to have a reason to run old content for the change in scenery or whatever.

Run your newer friends through a dungeon while getting what you need. Have a reason to use those alts without the full stress of gearing it perfectly. If you don't have time to run higher dungeons because of life then run some lower lvl ones right quick and get some coins. Method could've appealed to just about anyone. 

The only downside I can see atm being brought up are from those that want to feel special that they had the power, time and/or alts to get everything and then some. While the event is fine as is since it just adds to the status quo I was going to do anyway, it could've been a bit better.

Just my opinion ofc~

If they make tokens to be obtained in all the dungeons, then the tokens must be untradable (not account bound) because if they are account bound in your situation, it will crash the market alot since they include the oil and forging orb. Imagine a single person with 10 alts, they can essentially get all the gem and many oils and forging orb by the end of event even they don't need to gear their alts.

Archived