Bareful Weapon Bug? How does it work?

iokunn

Guys I don't understand the bareful effects or how it works when it triggers, it suppose to add 150% as hit damage? or perhaps to give me some kind of buff? because i am a bit curious since none of each things change, the damage is the same and i dont get any kind of buff either.

I am asking this because i was thinking in change my weapon to a seraph instead of bareful since 'short fuse' is more useful than that 5% frost palm damage and besides that effect about giving me 150% damage seems not to be working O.o

-> Bareful attributes Description:

2017_01_15_21_56_39_Blade_Soul.jpg

-> Reality :'( in both cases the damage is still the same, i know that the counting stacks is not a buff xD but I have never seen some kind of buff adding me attack power or something when I'm doing solo stuff.

1_1.jpg

1_2.jpg

Switching to Seraph will probably hurt you more than benefit you even if you get CDR on your Short Fuse.

Baleful's reset is more useful since it resets your Meteor Shower and Inferno. Along with Short Fuse if it's on CD. Baleful stack up pretty quick anyways to benefit from the resets often. But you shouldn't really base on how good the weapon is just from the small 150% damage bonus since it's barely anything anyways.

Anyways, to answer your question, the additional damage is not shown in the Combat logs but it's still being added on.

38 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

this 150% add damage just procc if you gain a stack. And only 1 Time then. So till youre reset you will have 10times 150% add dmg. Thats nearly nothing.

Is that how it works? I thought it's random every hit as long as you have the buff.

Anyway, it's better than nothing. Never use seraph as FM.

The 150% add dmg is a stackable value that stacks up to 10 times for 1500% add on overbuff. This is where you notice your dmg itself, not while you stack your buffs. For the 10 seconds the overbuff stays, you gain bonus dmg and after the 10 seconds are gone, you get your skills reset.

Seraph recovers HP when YOU get hit, not when you attack. Thats the difference between both weapons. And I notice the difference in dmg once the 10 stacks are on and the overbuff count starts before the skills reset. Why do I have to have a video for everything?

4 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

I'm a seraph FM so my playstyle is ok and I don't like to rely on lucky reset procs.

650ap 20k dps so far still missing parts of my build.

Then base in your experience would you recommend me to have Seraph instead of bareful?

2 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

Do you have a video? So you mean seraph has overbuff too giving you 3000 recovery on hit? When I see seraph stacking up it says I get 300add dmg and 300 regen. So when my seraph stacks to 10 it should give that much heal while "overbuff"

@NightFer

i will test baleful add dmg later on and will share the vid with you 

@RainbowDashie thanks, I feel like many factors will make us unable to clearly analyze this. Other procs and min-max dps etc.

@iokunn with Baleful stage 1 the CD decrease on Short Fuse is 30%: 4s for right tree and 9s for the left tree which is the favourable in pve anyways.

so instead of 30s short fuse you end up with 21s short fuse CD. Since it goes for 10s window you end up with 11s out of Short F..

So you can do 1 full Burn rotation with C then 1-X then when 2 secs left burn use Z then C is out of CD again.

The increase in uptime makes up for a more fluid rotation. If I ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ it up and don't do proper rotation I loose 1-2k dps in a matter of seconds.

It depends on your playstyle rly, if you're a rekless player I feel you should go baleful cause my goal with seraph was to better my burn rotation and not to rely on proc. The CD reset.

Both weapons at stage 1 are garbage to say, I guess at stage 1 Seraph may even outscale since it's -9 seconds less right of the bat, some may argue cause Baleful "resets everything".

For the most part I've been dealing 16k dps before leg weap but I also increased my Crittdmg +20% since then. It's just that some people praise baleful a lot and then there's ppl like me trying to show that baleful isn't as bad as ppl call it.

Still I'm interested in how this overbuff thingy works. The last time I saw a baleful procs video it was a rant about how useless the add dmg boost is.

P.S. I heard they are boosting ice FM in kor to be on par with Fire so maybe baleful could have a brighter future idk

7 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

@RainbowDashie thanks, I feel like many factors will make us unable to clearly analyze this. Other procs and min-max dps etc.

15 hours ago, NightFer said:

The 150% add dmg is a stackable value that stacks up to 10 times for 1500% add on overbuff. This is where you notice your dmg itself, not while you stack your buffs. For the 10 seconds the overbuff stays, you gain bonus dmg and after the 10 seconds are gone, you get your skills reset.

https://youtu.be/w2t9IiwSYlY

havent shown my AP: They were at 551

got 8 proccs:
at 3 Stacks: 772 (140%)
at 4 Stacks: 813 (147%) 
at 4 Stacks: 820 (148%)
at 5 Stacks: 828 (150%)
at 7 Stacks: 819 (148%)
at 8 Stacks: 832 (151%)
at 8 Stacks: 823 (149%)
at max Stacks: 823 (149%)

Conclusion: add dmg from legendary Weapon dont Stack and dont procc on stack gain. 
Also the range seams between 140% and 151%

So NightFer and me, we both were wrong.

It realy looks like this add dmg proccs random and also just with random % of AP in a Range. Its kinda Strange. :/

Edit : video will be uploaded at 4:40 am GMT / 7:40 pm PST

17 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

when 2 secs left burn use Z then C is out of CD again

You are losing damage using Z. Never use fire Z in pve.

17 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

my goal with seraph was to better my burn rotation and not to rely on proc. The CD reset.

From you it always sounds like the cd reset would be a negative thing because you can't control it. in the end, a random cd reset is better than no cd reset, dont you think? Seraph might be good if you play with dragonchar to have an easier focus management but otherwise it's worse than baleful, always and everywhere. Using 1 burns your target easily if no auto-detonate freak is with you so I dont know why rotation is an argument here. 1 and C both trigger global cd so it doesnt matter for other skills. You can argue that C deals slightly more damage than 1 but this is almost nothing.

48 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

in the end, a random cd reset is better than no cd reset, dont you think?

Are you saying that Seraph doesn't have the random CD reset? but the description of the weapon clearly says 'resets all skills after 10 stacks'

2017_01_17_09_00_43_Blade_Soul.jpg

sounds good. I'll only use Z burn when I tank bosses with Hm Impact then @Zedonia

at first I tought this could be an interesting touch to this topic but the mentioned 320% are just indication errors shown on the weapon. it actually heals a certain amount. I tested it once and it healed me for 300 per hit critt or non critt. so I'm fine with the topic results I only have one favour left @Bronn or @Liinxy idk other mods maybe a fix on the information for both seraphs would be neat for the incoming patch 18th Jan.

serbal.jpg

So we tested a lil bit and BD is using his Seraph Weapon at Stage6 so his buff info is even more buggy.

serbal3.jpg

1 hour ago, iokunn said:

Are you saying that Seraph doesn't have the random CD reset? but the description of the weapon clearly says 'resets all skills after 10 stacks'

2017_01_17_09_00_43_Blade_Soul.jpg

Seraph's proc when you GET hit , you wont able to stack 10 as a FM because you're a range class ( unless you're playing 6v6). So , no reset for you .

Archived