Ping is a sad story

Koiv

- Ok I know there must be many posts about this kind of thing here but there was no suggestion option when I tried the support so... -

Playing this game from South America is very frustrating. In order to play we HAVE to pay some kind of VPN and most people just quit because of the horrible ping (even with the VPN). I would like suggest a mirror server or SOMETHING in South America because it's a huge amount of players spending money on VPN instead of spending on the freaking game. For example I would love to buy premium every month and support the game but I don't see how I can if I already have to pay (VPN) monthly just to be able to play. I really don't think they realize they are actually losing money, so yeah, it's a sad story.

If the player base of South America was actually that big, I'm pretty sure they would've taken action by now.

But same case as SEA people requesting for an independent game server, it's not going to happen. The player base is far too small even if people did a petition and 5k+ people signed it. There's no guarantee that all 5k+ people will stay in-game and pay as much as the overall NA category would to uphold a server, pay employees, etc etc.

It would be nice if they were able to just pop up with servers when they want to but they look at it as a long term situation, not a short term.

Every time I see some video or some  news of this game I say.... what a pity not to be able to play it for something like the ping I had very well the first months of game and I think that half of 2016 and I realized that I was much more disadvantaged than I thought I would be even if I use a VPN... it's a real shame I can't play it

The problem is, the server is dedicated for NA, that means Canada, US and México, even some events like the costume design are "exclusive" for those countries, I guess they will not give much importance to South America issues :/ I have some friends from Colombia and Argentina and they suffer alot because of ping and lag.
I hope they open a new server for Central and South America or increase the service to all the continent

Its like me wanting a better ping towards KR because I play there aswell and I live in EU. Well, South America doesnt have a server and I dont think they will ever get one, same for SEA region and Australia. NA server is as the person above mentioned, exclusive to NA countries. If you want to play there, you will either have to accept the high ping or use VPN. No company in the world would open a server for 1k people just because they cant accept the higher ping. Maintaining a server costs a lot more than a small community can provide as spendings (by small community I mean 10-15k people. So yes, its not financially good choice to throw away your money for a region that wount be able to provide the funds to maintain the server open for long. Sorry to disappoint you guys, things are not as easy as they look.

Archived