Blade & Ghoul seems a bit unfair...

ladymanako

I don't know if it is just me but this event seems a bit unfair, especially to the low lvl players. The outfits cost a lot of jack o'lanterns, I think it's 80 for the outfit and 45 for the hat, and many ppl will not be able to get them and as 5 candies = 1 jack o'lantern...seems a bit unfair if you can't do all of the dungeons...or ppl complain that you don't have enough AP to be good enough to join them *rolls eyes*.

If the outfit and hat were candies instead of the lanterns then I could completely understand why they would cost so much and it would give everyone a fighting chance of getting the costume. Maybe the event could of been something like the Tower of Memories that we just did, at least then even some low lvl players had a chance at winning and the Blackram Narrows are a lvl 20? Dungeon right? 

I can only do 3 or 4 dungeons so there is no way in the 7 hells (haha Halloween humor) am I going to be able to get anywhere near the costume. Shame. I know you have a small chance of getting it from the chest that you MIGHT get but to even get the chest there is a small chance of that happening.

I might just go around the the few dungeons I can do and hope I get a chest with the outfit in (as I like the outfit more then the hat hahaha). I slightly wish it was in the Hongmoon Store hehe.

I am interested in seeing what everyone else thinks on this event. Please tell me your thoughts ^-^

P.S. Happy Halloween everyone xx

Here we go...what? If you think I am complaining then trust me I am not haha. I am just saying that it "seems unfair", not "it is unfair". If I was complaining I would be saying this game was stupid (I love this game so much!) and the ppl who ran it was stupid for coming up with this event and so on and so forth. I have also been told everyone wants to run away and hide when I start complaining lmao!

Like I said they gave everyone the small chance of getting a chest when we make the lanterns which also has a chance of the outfit. So I gave both good and bad points. Or if it is about the AP thing then it is a common thing that will always be said. *shrugs* there is more to it then just AP I think.

I think I answered what might of been your question but please in future do write you question so I can answer it correctly. 

Thanks ^-^ xx

It depends on your RNG I assume since I did today it on my main (everything else except desolate tomb) and I got 5 lanterns each time I transmuted candies. If my luck continues that's 4 days for the outfit since with 23 candies I made 20 lanterns. Trust me it is not unfair at all. Some days you get more, some days less. Outfit in 4 days seems quite fast imo.

@ladymanako maybe next time inform yourself about how things work before calling something unfair, you didnt even get the event a chance before coming in the forums and complain about it! 

47 minutes ago, ladymanako said:

I as 5 candies = 1 jack o'lantern

No, it does not, you get a random range of jack o'latern, so no, you do not need 400 candies for the outfit, you will need less, how many will depend on how lucky you are.

I got an outfit in the first chest from transmuting the Pumpkins and I am not that lucky. I had saved all my HM resets as well and now I can collect the candies faster. I think it is easy and you get a lot of pumpkins for the candies. I thought at first it would be like 1 pumpkin at a time. For lower level it might not be as fast.

Game is unfair to lower level players in the long run anyway. I haven't a chance to read to much about this new whale event but from what I know about the map, my guess is, it's for level 50+ players since 6v6 is level 50+ only. I love the game and am not complaining but it makes me sad when I see events that I can't do because I can't level up fast enough. The Tower of Memory was great because anyone could do it. I hope to see more events like that for every player. I am glad though that the lower dungeon quests were included for the candies though so I have no complaint about this. I don't know how long it takes and such, I'm just glad I get a chance and my friends do too since I haven't been doing much from my own character but helping them leveling up and get to the part of the story I am at since they start later after me. Here's luck for all of you trying to get the candies. May we do well.

5 minutes ago, werat said:

Game is unfair to lower level players in the long run anyway. I haven't a chance to read to much about this new whale event but from what I know about the map, my guess is, it's for level 50+ players since 6v6 is level 50+ only. I love the game and am not complaining but it makes me sad when I see events that I can't do because I can't level up fast enough. The Tower of Memory was great because anyone could do it. I hope to see more events like that for every player. I am glad though that the lower dungeon quests were included for the candies though so I have no complaint about this. I don't know how long it takes and such, I'm just glad I get a chance and my friends do too since I haven't been doing much from my own character but helping them leveling up and get to the part of the story I am at since they start later after me. Here's luck for all of you trying to get the candies. May we do well.

I thought beluga lagoon is a permanent addition to the game and not an event. This is about the Halloween event that is ongoing now and only couple of dungeons give candies from which fresh lvl 50 cannot do two (Naksun and Desolate Tomb).

I think it's definitely unfair to players who only have access to blackram narrows which only grants 1 candy a day. It'll take them 5 days just to do one transmute. Regardless of level everyone wants to enjoy this event. I know they had this big update with beluga coming out at the same time but I wish they would have made a small daily quest that rewarded a number of candies that was somewhat halloweenish. The valentines day event had a daily quest like this which was nice. I saw other suggestions that I liked as well as doing a tower of memories type of thing that at least lower levels could take advantage of that would of worked too. Perhaps they were too busy to implement these type of things before the update came out but there are other things they could have done that seem much simpler. Like rewarding candies for pvp dailies (for people who are mid level range and up of course) or awarding candies for the world boss dailies (that would make it somewhat easier for all levels to get candies) I only say this because this is a special Halloween event and I would much rather spend my time getting candies to get that awesome outfit, all those cool hats, and those pumpkin weapons, than rushing to level all my characters to max. Plus I am not like other people who are so in a hurry to get to max level I want to enjoy the journey there (I know that sounds corny lol) I want that witch costume so badly and the pumpkin weapons they're so cool xd

8 minutes ago, bnruedy said:

I think it's definitely unfair to players who only have access to blackram narrows which only grants 1 candy a day. It'll take them 5 days just to do one transmute. Regardless of level everyone wants to enjoy this event. I know they had this big update with beluga coming out at the same time but I wish they would have made a small daily quest that rewarded a number of candies that was somewhat halloweenish. The valentines day event had a daily quest like this which was nice. I saw other suggestions that I liked as well as doing a tower of memories type of thing that at least lower levels could take advantage of that would of worked too. Perhaps they were too busy to implement these type of things before the update came out but there are other things they could have done that seem much simpler. Like rewarding candies for pvp dailies (for people who are mid level range and up of course) or awarding candies for the world boss dailies (that would make it somewhat easier for all levels to get candies) I only say this because this is a special Halloween event and I would much rather spend my time getting candies to get that awesome outfit, all those cool hats, and those pumpkin weapons, than rushing to level all my characters to max. Plus I am not like other people who are so in a hurry to get to max level I want to enjoy the journey there (I know that sounds corny lol) I want that witch costume so badly and the pumpkin weapons they're so cool xd

I am not quite sure why would anyone want to stay at that level if they actually want to play the game. You can easily get in a day or two to the stage where you can unlock Tomb of the Exiles and even further to unlock BSC and BSH. Also I think this event is not that hard considering it will be ongoing at least 3 weeks like usually everything else does. I think the main issue is that people already assume they cannot finish it seeing just one day and not getting the costume pieces in a day. Just give it a week or so to see if it's possible or not.

Not everyone can spend hours on end leveling to get to tomb of the exiles, bsc, bsh or to get to max. Plus I want to work towards getting the Halloween event stuff. If you have all 7 characters that's a lot of time leveling/questing. It's a Halloween event I want to participate. 

18 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

I would love if dynamic quest/box rewards that candy.. so it can be spam able.  Low lvls can enjoy the event, spamming narrows while finding their evolutionary weapons.  High lvls can also enjoy narrows finding weapons for their legendary stage 3 upgrade.

That's a good idea.

Is it really random? The only reason I thought it was 1 lantern for 5 candies was because a number of my friends where saying how unfair it was for only getting 1 lantern. 

Yes I have not given it a go as I am the type of person to gather everything before I do anything haha.

I also dont remember it saying anything on the event page that you get a random amount...I will recheck that.

And I agree @JoannaRamira that would be a good idea haha I would happily spam away at the dungeons then haha

Well at least now I can tell my friends to keep going as the lanterns seem to be random amounts so that should keep them happy. Thanks for clearing that up for us! You guys are always a big help!

xx

1 hour ago, ladymanako said:

Is it really random? The only reason I thought it was 1 lantern for 5 candies was because a number of my friends where saying how unfair it was for only getting 1 lantern. 

Yes I have not given it a go as I am the type of person to gather everything before I do anything haha.

I also dont remember it saying anything on the event page that you get a random amount...I will recheck that.

And I agree @JoannaRamira that would be a good idea haha I would happily spam away at the dungeons then haha

Well at least now I can tell my friends to keep going as the lanterns seem to be random amounts so that should keep them happy. Thanks for clearing that up for us! You guys are always a big help!

xx

So far 2 days have passed on 2 characters. I never got less than 4 lanterns on each transmute. Either they got so unlucky or they didn't yet actually transmute and they just assume it's 1 lantern.

With the spam ability imo they should then multiply required amount by far or people could finish the event in one day. Where's the fun in that when there's nothing to achieve in whole event after it's done in 1 day? ._.

Archived