Ping meter

Slokkt

A ping is just a call to the server which will reply instantly that the ping was received so its the pure time data travels from your network card to the network card of the server and back.

Ingame skill delay mesures the full time between your client processing your key input, sending it to your network card, travelling to the server network card, sending it to the server software, processing your command, calculating the effects (like damage), sending it back to the network, data traveling to your computer and your client processing the result.

The data roundtrip time between machines (often called ping) is only a small part of this and only helps you find out if there is some routing/connectivity problem. Ingame skill delay is much more useful because it's the actual time between you hitting a button and your client showing the result.

22 minutes ago, studioMagicalFox said:

Well I looked around and found the IP 64.25.35.26 which apparently is the NA server Jinwa. I tested and got:

Minimum=38.11ms, Maximum=59.90ms, Average=46.55ms

which is better than I expected. My question now is since I play on Yunwa will my actual ping times be the same or very close?

It could increase when you're in dungeons or places with lots of people but yet the range is just right.

3 hours ago, SuMMasteR said:

J3Wz6J.jpg my location to ISP server ping value

SuMMaster the value you are getting here for download speed seems off to me, it is way too low. Typical connections these days are usually in the double digits, at least somewhere between 30Mbps and 60Mbps+. Along the same lines your upload speed seems quite high, most are in the 4Mbps-6Mbps. Your results could be getting skewed by network activity during the test or it might be the tool you are using.  Here are a couple of links so you can test again if you want to: [I could be wrong here btw and if I am please don't throw me out of the frying pan :-)]

For upstream/downstream speed try: http://www.measurementlab.net/tools/ndt/ (this site has good info all around regarding home internet usage)

For ping testing: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/pstools.aspx (download and unzip then right click the pstools folder and select 'open command prompt here'. Type psping <serverIP>

Again I could be wrong because I don't know about your setup, it's just if your UL speed is that high your DL speed should be 10x what it shows. xD

3 hours ago, studioMagicalFox said:

SuMMaster the value you are getting here for download speed seems off to me, it is way too low. Typical connections these days are usually in the double digits, at least somewhere between 30Mbps and 60Mbps+. Along the same lines your upload speed seems quite high, most are in the 4Mbps-6Mbps. Your results could be getting skewed by network activity during the test or it might be the tool you are using.  Here are a couple of links so you can test again if you want to: [I could be wrong here btw and if I am please don't throw me out of the frying pan :-)]

For upstream/downstream speed try: http://www.measurementlab.net/tools/ndt/ (this site has good info all around regarding home internet usage)

For ping testing: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/pstools.aspx (download and unzip then right click the pstools folder and select 'open command prompt here'. Type psping <serverIP>

Again I could be wrong because I don't know about your setup, it's just if your UL speed is that high your DL speed should be 10x what it shows. xD

5YqvbL.jpg

yeah :D that values was strange. I tried again. I closed client and values increased. But ping was stable 44-47 ms (isp). I will try your tools too. I will add here after. I have limitless LTE net (50mbps D/L - 25mbps U/L but variable).

Archived