wwv matching

mbrown17

this matching system is seriously flawed I'm ranked at like 1780 elo and I'm being put on teams with like 3 or 4 silvers and then since there trash the team loses and I end up losing a shit ton of elo. this is really getting frustrating. since this is a super easy fix I mean all they have to do is make it so like u wont get matched with anyone that less then or greater then 100 elo points of ur own.

also who thinks it would be nice if we could set like requirments to join a wwv lobby or team or something like only people with xxxx amount of crit defence can join this lobby for this match. so we have some way of controlling the quality of our teams. I'm tired of every single aspect of this game being RNG from the weapon boxes for upgrades to the team u get put on for wwv, and the dungeons u run in xserver.

the matchmaking is trash and i agree, 6v6 is entirely rng now.

I think the biggest problem though is exploiters running scripts.

Ever since the patched being able to leave party ive noticed a jump in people using scripts that substantially reduce/eliminate cd's.

sumnrs with perma petal storm and 5+ consecutive backstep is a thing in 6v6 now >.>

I wish they had a way to detect and perma ban these users.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2016 at 0:00 PM, mbrown17 said:

this matching system is seriously flawed I'm ranked at like 1780 elo and I'm being put on teams with like 3 or 4 silvers and then since there trash the team loses and I end up losing a shit ton of elo. this is really getting frustrating. since this is a super easy fix I mean all they have to do is make it so like u wont get matched with anyone that less then or greater then 100 elo points of ur own.

also who thinks it would be nice if we could set like requirments to join a wwv lobby or team or something like only people with xxxx amount of crit defence can join this lobby for this match. so we have some way of controlling the quality of our teams. I'm tired of every single aspect of this game being RNG from the weapon boxes for upgrades to the team u get put on for wwv, and the dungeons u run in xserver.

there is a chance for you to get the bad players and a chance for you to go up against bad players, the main deciding factor is you.

totally agree. Feels as if since last patch matchmaking has become absolute crap.

And prepatch I didnt think it could get worse.

The past 10/10 matches half the team has been sub 500 ap with zero crit def, and basically no piercing/def. Lot of bronze and silvers.

You would think I would get good fights with similarly geared players ~1700.

I don't get why they havent removed the rankings since its 100% rng.

On 27.10.2016 at 3:59 AM, DannyInfect said:

there is a chance for you to get the bad players and a chance for you to go up against bad players, the main deciding factor is you.

This is what you expect to be the case, in a working system.
If you play against people with higher rank than you, still have a 70% winrate and lose points, how is that justified?
And no, I didn't lose matches against much lower people, and no, my teammates weren't above their ranks either.
Having roughly equal rating, but mine being on the lower side of the range, still attaining 70% winrate and those 30% losses are enough to outweight those 70% wins.
Tell me how I'm the deciding factor there, should I obtain 85% winrate to gain rating at all? Wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of a rating system intended to get you as close to 50-50 as possible?

On 16.9.2016 at 8:02 PM, Jackiesaysya said:

the matchmaking is trash and i agree, 6v6 is entirely rng now.

I think the biggest problem though is exploiters running scripts.

Ever since the patched being able to leave party ive noticed a jump in people using scripts that substantially reduce/eliminate cd's.

sumnrs with perma petal storm and 5+ consecutive backstep is a thing in 6v6 now >.>

I wish they had a way to detect and perma ban these users.

Have to agree with this.

Whenever i enter WWV or Lagoon, the opponents i fight there often dont feel natural. It's almost as if you are fighting against bots who have a set rotation that is almost impossible to counter. For example, yesterday we met a HM11 FM that literally always resisted, evaded and countered the attacks of all 6 of us perfectly and no one was able to stop him because once his HP was low he would immediately go into his Freeze and he was full life again. Could be that this was a skilled player but i highly doubt that and assume that he used a script/macro because its impossible to react to incoming attacks of 6 players at once this perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! I'd rather have no match at all (and try later), than keep loosing my rank, just because I've had bad RNG.

And to think this thing has rating, lol, it means absolutely nothing, except you had good luck in getting a solid team...

I just lost 80 points, almost lost gold rank, cause I kept getting matched with silvers with 400ap or none to little crit def.

I've recently lost 7 games in a row simply because of my matchups. I've been paired with people that have crit def with no good piercing at all which makes me the one doing the most on the team. I also was getting paired with idiots that do not know how to play and want to fight with no defending. This makes me really want to have the clan vs clan 6v6 thing simply because this is getting frustrating. 

Archived