3v3 arena rewards afk

dklm

If you were to queue in 3v3 arena alone, undoubtedly you will get afk teammates.  Why does 3v3 arena reward afkers?  

I propose that if a player enters the arena, stays in the arena for 1 minute, performs no keystrokes, that player should receive NO rewards, nothing.  It would be just a waste of time for him to queue.

Sadly, that is how I get my beans just so I can get the Training Certificate to get my HM RMB skill.

I am in no shape or form a PvPer and I didn't play this game for PvP. I play for PvE and the vanity. At the same time, there are people who are PvE only like me and this is how we do unless NC add a way for PvE to obtain mat or HM Pellet via PvE rather than forcing people to PvP. However, I dont 3v3 afk. I afk in 1v1 so I don't become a burden for others like those people that you met.

Reward should be based on how much damage you deal. I think it would solve a lot of issues.

1. AFKs who don't attack would obviously lose a lot of reward.

2. It prevents people with high skill carrying others with low skills because those with low skills would get much less reward than the highly skilled one.

3. Even in a situation where its 5 AFK vs 1 not-afk person, that 1 person would get greatly rewarded and the AFKs get nothing even if they win because they do no damage.

8 hours ago, ketiax said:

Reward should be based on how much damage you deal. I think it would solve a lot of issues.

2. It prevents people with high skill carrying others with low skills because those with low skills would get much less reward than the highly skilled one.

3. Even in a situation where its 5 AFK vs 1 not-afk person, that 1 person would get greatly rewarded and the AFKs get nothing even if they win because they do no damage.

Also not a great 'solution'. As a sin against bad ppl in 3s you bait like 20 tab escapes a game to then have your destro or whatever tags in and does like a million damage. It would make it so that people no longer play to win, they would just play for points instead. And that´s even worse i think. You don´t really meet any botters anymore once you reached some mediocer rating anyway. I don´t know a proper solution to this. Best would just be if afk people would get automatically kicked from the party, but then again you´re often times 'afk' as you just naturally might not have anything to do when not being the one person playing and it would not even help the problem as bots would just all use random skills instead of doing absolutely nothing, witch a lot of them already do. Some people might also not be bots as they might just be pve people who want to finish the 'play 3 3s games' quest, or some weirdos who want to derank while soloqueing. Also thinking about it again it´s also boring af as you´d have to wait for the system to kick those players... If there would be a way to vote-kick or ban people from arenas that would be great i guess.

12 hours ago, ketiax said:

If they are going to do that, they better also add a way for PvE people to obtain training ticket or HM pellet itself via PvE method. Not all HM skill are geared toward PvE.

Trust me, almost every afker in PvP is just to get the beans for the training ticket.

7 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

If they are going to do that, they better also add a way for PvE people to obtain training ticket or HM pellet itself via PvE method. Not all HM skill are geared toward PvE.

Trust me, almost every afker in PvP is just to get the beans for the training ticket.

Afaik, the pvp method of getting hm pellet is not intended it´s EU/NA region specific. Usually you *ONLY* get the hm pellet from guild crafting.

I think the only skill you can only get threw pvp is the one you get threw the royale zen bean, witch unlocks 1 of the 4 trees for the first hm skill from bsh times, witch for most classes tbh is pretty useless even in pvp and most of them are supposedly geared towards pvp and yes they are just as useless in pve. The only one i know of that´s good is the fm one.

And those are also very cheap. They are like 5k beans, witch you make it one day + most bots are not even fms.

1 hour ago, N3ro said:

Afaik, the pvp method of getting hm pellet is not intended it´s EU/NA region specific. Usually you *ONLY* get the hm pellet from guild crafting.

Correct, HM Pellet is from guild crafting (before it was added to the Beans/Bravery exchange NPC) but one of the ingredients to make it is Training Certificate which is 5k beans worth; hence the afk pvp for that 5k beans to buy the Training Certificate.

For me, the HM Pellet allow me to use the Bees :3

16 hours ago, N3ro said:

Also not a great 'solution'. As a sin against bad ppl in 3s you bait like 20 tab escapes a game to then have your destro or whatever tags in and does like a million damage. It would make it so that people no longer play to win, they would just play for points instead. And that´s even worse i think. You don´t really meet any botters anymore once you reached some mediocer rating anyway. I don´t know a proper solution to this. Best would just be if afk people would get automatically kicked from the party, but then again you´re often times 'afk' as you just naturally might not have anything to do when not being the one person playing and it would not even help the problem as bots would just all use random skills instead of doing absolutely nothing, witch a lot of them already do. Some people might also not be bots as they might just be pve people who want to finish the 'play 3 3s games' quest, or some weirdos who want to derank while soloqueing. Also thinking about it again it´s also boring af as you´d have to wait for the system to kick those players... If there would be a way to vote-kick or ban people from arenas that would be great i guess.

What's the problem in PVPing for points? PVP is all about killing people before you get killed anyway, so essentially it's all about damage. you could argue there's things like strategically tagging in, but the end goal is still to do enough damage to kill your opponents. With the dps for points system, it gives those AFKers 0 reward because they do 0 damage. If they get absolutely nothing from AFKing in Tag, then there is no reason for them to AFK, hence they either stop doing it or they actually start dealing damage. Making Reward based on how much damage you deal also prevents these people from just doing 1-2 attacks and then AFK.

It doesn't matter if you get destroyed, because as long as you do SOME sort of damage, you'll get some reward. Besides, as a sin you should have an easier time dealing with Tags anyway since you (and I because I'm a sin as well) have plenty of dashes and invis to actually keep your distance and wait until tag timer is out.

7 hours ago, ketiax said:

What's the problem in PVPing for points? PVP is all about killing people before you get killed anyway, so essentially it's all about damage. you could argue there's things like strategically tagging in, but the end goal is still to do enough damage to kill your opponents. With the dps for points system, it gives those AFKers 0 reward because they do 0 damage. If they get absolutely nothing from AFKing in Tag, then there is no reason for them to AFK, hence they either stop doing it or they actually start dealing damage. Making Reward based on how much damage you deal also prevents these people from just doing 1-2 attacks and then AFK.

It doesn't matter if you get destroyed, because as long as you do SOME sort of damage, you'll get some reward. Besides, as a sin you should have an easier time dealing with Tags anyway since you (and I because I'm a sin as well) have plenty of dashes and invis to actually keep your distance and wait until tag timer is out.

Well sin is not as good at dealing damage as other classes. They (can) do burst damage for tagging in too, but it´s weaker than destros burst as you are not immune against everything and you also have to change half your spec for it. And if you then get switched in you´re pretty much useless in that very same spec.

Have you ever compared sin combos to like kfm combos?

Let´s wait some more until timer runs out... mlg sin plays.

Archived