I really am a terrible player ...

teoteodore

Been playing games for over 30 years, and I still suck at them, but still have fun.  I get tunnel vision and fail at every single mechanic in this game.  I just avoid dungeons as much as possible and do other things.  Every MMO I have played has content gated by dungeons above my skill level, so I just move on to another game when I reach that point.  

1 hour ago, slinky650 said:

I also am of the 'older generation' and find it hard in some dungeons to respond quick enough sometimes (add to that a REALLY slow internet) , but I found a really helpful small clan who were so patient with me and try their best to help me in there. Yeti is no longer a nightmare and I am not alone in hating Necro - we all only do it if we have to.

It is good to know I am not the only one who feels as you do about failure - I feel so stupid sometimes when I can't do something apparently simple to others, but I will persevere, no game is going to beat me XD

^^ Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe?

Fried Green Tomatos after she wreck the VW

Another sidebar ... did Necro --- really, that was a walk in the park compared to Yeti --- 'specially since I'm an expert glider, now.  But even after explaining 3 times that I was first time, the other five players 'couldn't' tell me where to station myself for the 3-node kill.  I just followed one person who was a high level who finally told me to go back to where I had been.  I remember in WOW spending hours instructing other shadow priests on optimal rotation, nowadays you can't get a simple answer to questions --- even when it benefits all of us for me to know what I'm doing.  [PS:  I can't seem to find a clan that has more than 3 players on at a time --- no idea where the other 50 members are hiding]

Suppose it depends on which server/timeline you are on - there are 39 in the clan I am in on Windrest Eu, rarely 4 or 5 on at the same time, we are a bit spread out across the world I think, but those that are on are generally up for clan dungeons, with random others - and most do not take the game totally serious, so we can enjoy ourselves also - which makes a LOT of difference. It took me a while of virtually playing alone, because the original clan I was in sort of died, to find that there are still some helpful people out there.

I am so happy someone else remembers that film btw - because most people look at me like I am insane if I quote that sentence XD

I hope I am able to play games when I am in my 70s.

I started gaming when I was 4.  Atari 2600 came out and my dad bought it for himself. I would watch him and then practice while he was at work.  One day, he and his friends were playing pitfall and kept dying.  So I grabbed the controller and finished the game for them.  Ever since, I have been a gamer.  I now just turned 40.  I grew up with games and do not plan to stop anytime soon. I have most consoles and play on pc too.   In fact I read a report saying that the average age of a video gamer is 36-42 yrs old.  Hehe that made me feel better.  :D  My cousin runs a video game store.  He too said most of his customers are like me.  Late 30s to 50s.  They started gaming and kept on gaming. 

My father is mid 60s and still games.  My grandmother is almost 90 and just started learning how to play games on a computer.  Mostly cards and bingo.  But she loves it. 

So anyway, keep on gaming.  Keep on trying.  It might take a few tries to get the hang of things.  But don't give up!  :D

It is great to know that this game has a community of older players. I was born in 1963 lol and have been playing games of one sort or another since the late 1970s. During the 1990s I was fortunate to also work inside the game industry, attended the very first E3. We I was a kid my mind would have been blown, at seeing games such as we have access to today. I've never really grown up I suppose and today I'm an avid mmo rpg player. It would be a pleasure to find some of you older players in game and have to chance to run things with you. It would also be nice to find a clan composed of older players. I have a hard time with the toxic attitude displayed by some people in this game. I don't know if the community is as unforgiving as it is because this game is f2p or not. Still I do hope to eventually find a clan made up of nice folk like you guys.

There are multiple threads on these forums about the TOXIC player base.  When I first read this thread and posted in it last night I wondered how long it would be before some mean minded person replied.  I find it totally awesome that its got to page 2 and not 1 negative comment just helpful and uplifting posts.  This is the perfect example the entire BnS player base are NOT toxic.

Super nice to see so many oldies still playing and having fun.

13 hours ago, SnugglesFairie said:

My grandmother is almost 90 and just started learning how to play games on a computer.  Mostly cards and bingo.  But she loves it. 

Nice.. It's my Grandmother's 93rd b-day today, and she spends the whole day on her iPad playing Bejeweled, Angry Birds, and card games, while my grandfather (same age) watches baseball.  I'll still be gaming at that age, if I make it that far, which isn't likely LOL.

Archived