Gloomdross Incursion Boss "Guide"

Arkragon

This is my personal guide for the boss for anyone interested in doing this dungeon. This is based on my experience as a FM and as someone who held aggro.

1. Preparation. Decide who will be "bait" and the rest will dps. The person that's bait will try to be the farthest person from the boss for reasons you'll see below.

2. Initiate. If you are the aggro holder and are outside of melee range (approx. <7m) he'll throw balls at you that deal around 19k damage a throw (for me). You can use divine veil to block it OR just enter his melee range. By entering his melee range you can very easily dodge his spitting attack or swipes. Just sidestep. EZPZ.

3. Orbs, fiends, and AoE. Eventually, he'll spawn a seed some distance away which creates a slowing/rooting effect and damage over time (so don't step in the aura). At the same time, he'll do 4 AoE strikes. There will be no notification on the screen (except text) so you'll have to know the timing. Try to CC the boss if possible to avoid the AoE strikes. Otherwise, frost sheath or iframe. The sheath will last 3 hits and everyone should iframe the 4th hit (or maybe you can iframe 1st hit and sheath last 3. Haven't tried this strat).

4. The Jump. The "bait" will run behind the seed so the seed will be between the boss and "bait". The boss will then jump towards the "targeted person" which would be the farthest person from him (the designated "bait"). At the same time, 4 fiends will spawn with approx 1mil HP each. These cannot be killed normally and they will run towards the boss to suicide heal him (1 mil each fiend). Since the boss is behind the orb, the fiends will get trapped by the orb's aura.

5. Maintain DPS and repeat step 3 and 4.

6. Breath attack. He'll eventually jump back in the middle of the map to use his breath attack. The "bait" should try to lure the breaths to attack the fiends (by standing behind the fiends OR stand between the boss and the fiends). Just make sure you're the farthest away from him. His breath will kill the fiends. After 3 breaths he'll do a large AoE grab (which can be Sheathed or iframed), and any remaining fiends will be absorbed and he'll be healed. Tip: Other party members can just stand somewhere in the line of sight of the boss and the fiends, so if anyone other than the "bait" is targeted he'll still kill the fiends.

7. Repeat 3-6 and he'll be dead.

Overall, he's a mechanically simple boss and hopefully I didn't forget anything, but in any case, instead of reading get out there and do the dungeon!

3. once boss marked the lure (or bait as you mentioned), double CC the boss before he do the AOE you talking about. note that those AOE slam are instant kill for players with low hp.

6. boss will only do 3 laser breaths. lure/bait needs to be the farthest as usual and be in line of the fiends to kill them using the laser breath. after the laser breath, sum use 4F or FM use ice V or BM/BD use HM shield to protect everyone at the force aoe grab/suck of boss. 

note that fiends can only be killed by laser breath. doing that #3 and #6 are important. 

the mark of lure/bait is having orbs like that FM/WL orbs but the color is like dark purple or violet, same color as that orb plant that boss summoned.

The slam he does before a jump can either be CC, iframe or party protection, CC is the best since once CC he will skip the slam. If you use knockdown, be aware that the boss will retaliate with an aoe just like Yeti does. The bait will both lure the boss and the laser, the other party member do not need to lure the laser. Also do not get hit by the laser especially in 4-man, it can 1 shot you, iframe or simply get out of it's range for the baiter, this is based on what my friend that do the baiting told me, since I am a tank I never have to bait.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend who plays HM7 BM runs this place all the time and when I see him play, there are people who still doesn't understand the boss jumps to farthest person. I've seen so many so call experts, swearing at aggro holder when things goes wrong.

My friend tries not to pull aggro by not using any aggro build skills and sometime even tries to drop aggro by using nothing but normal LMB. once I've seen him un equip his weapon to drop aggro. 

Thank you very much for posting good instruction. Hope more people read this so we can have less fails/rage.

50 minutes ago, gakdan said:

My friend who plays HM7 BM runs this place all the time and when I see him play, there are people who still doesn't understand the boss jumps to farthest person. I've seen so many so call experts, swearing at aggro holder when things goes wrong.

My friend tries not to pull aggro by not using any aggro build skills and sometime even tries to drop aggro by using nothing but normal LMB. once I've seen him un equip his weapon to drop aggro. 

Thank you very much for posting good instruction. Hope more people read this so we can have less fails/rage.

I'm glad the guide is useful to you!

It sucks that your friend had to purposely lose aggro because of other people's inability to understand the boss's mechanics.

Archived