Arena FPS

Viblo

I start my computer, I start BNS, and I hop right into Arena. 

At this point, my FPS is over 80 and all is going fine with graphics settings on 5, but the problems starts occurring later on. If I keep playing, maybe 6+ games, the FPS suddenly drops to 20-30. And the strange thing is that it doesn't matter what graphic settings I use. If I keep the settings maxed, it's 20-30 FPS and if I lower everything to 1 and use the "Optimize for Low-End PCs", it remains on 20-30. My current solution to this is exiting the Arena lobby, because when I'm back in the open world, my FPS goes up to my current 80+. Entering Arena again will make it fine but will be repeated if I play to a certain extent.

Does anyone else experience this? Is there some way to permanently fix it? 

Thanks

28 minutes ago, kalthas1 said:

FPS memory leak/drop. Exit arena and re-enter will most probably solve your problem.

Yeah, I stated that previously. I would prefer having a permanent solution rather than repeating a time consuming action.

4 minutes ago, Teiji said:

This bug exists in all versions of BnS (even KR) for years, and they haven't fixed it. You think they will fix it just because NA say so? lol

Wow, I had no idea. Well, let's face it: this game was a failed project.

17 hours ago, Viblo said:

Wow, I had no idea. Well, let's face it: this game was a failed project.

If BnS is a fail project then uninstall the game and stop complaining on the forums....

38 minutes ago, Hanzō said:

If BnS is a fail project then uninstall the game and stop complaining on the forums....

You should buy a trampoline since you enjoy jumping to conclusions so much. 

Here's the thing: the game itself is amazing. The visuals are great, the audio is brilliant, the story is interesting and even though I am a very picky when it comes to games, I found myself enjoying this game a LOT until I reached a higher level and realized NCSOFT's flaws.

That's what I mean. The game is great, but NCSOFT is not doing a good job at all. If it were released in, I don't know, 2013 and the company operating it would actually communicate with the community to see what the issues are and cooperated with us to solve them, then it would have been perfect. That is however not the case.

The reason that I said "this game was a failed project" isn't because of visuals, audio, story, combat etc. It's because NCSOFT could not be handling this game any worse.

Conclusion: Why have I now, and in the past, stated fundamental flaws on the forum and sent to their suggestion ticket service? Because Blade & Soul has so much potential and I do want NCSOFT, the company operating this fantastic game to get something more out of it, but at the same time that the players can enoy it, and looking at the huge server population drop, I think many can agree with me.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

5 hours ago, Viblo said:

You should buy a trampoline since you enjoy jumping to conclusions so much. 

Here's the thing: the game itself is amazing. The visuals are great, the audio is brilliant, the story is interesting and even though I am a very picky when it comes to games, I found myself enjoying this game a LOT until I reached a higher level and realized NCSOFT's flaws.

That's what I mean. The game is great, but NCSOFT is not doing a good job at all. If it were released in, I don't know, 2013 and the company operating it would actually communicate with the community to see what the issues are and cooperated with us to solve them, then it would have been perfect. That is however not the case.

The reason that I said "this game was a failed project" isn't because of visuals, audio, story, combat etc. It's because NCSOFT could not be handling this game any worse.

Conclusion: Why have I now, and in the past, stated fundamental flaws on the forum and sent to their suggestion ticket service? Because Blade & Soul has so much potential and I do want NCSOFT, the company operating this fantastic game to get something more out of it, but at the same time that the players can enoy it, and looking at the huge server population drop, I think many can agree with me.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

Basically you are one of those people who think that NCSOFT creates content and fixes bugs, wrong. Everything is done by BnS developers who are in Korea/Japan or whatever, everything NCSOFT can do is to send them reports and hope that the developers review it.

Conclusion: If you do not enjoy it, uninstall the game and stop crying on the forums or continue playing and appreciate that you have the possibily to do so.

44 minutes ago, Hanzō said:

Basically you are one of those people who think that NCSOFT creates content and fixes bugs, wrong. Everything is done by BnS developers who are in Korea/Japan or whatever, everything NCSOFT can do is to send them reports and hope that the developers review it.

Conclusion: If you do not enjoy it, uninstall the game and stop crying on the forums or continue playing and appreciate that you have the possibily to do so.

Who cares? NCSOFT is game publisher for us, so they must take reponsibility and solve our problems. I don't care if they must delegate problems to others, i don't care how hard is their job.

And you last sentence: So, shut up and step... Nice filosofy. Keep it for yourself please.

16 hours ago, Hanzō said:

It's exactly what Lexter said. 

I personally do not care at all if the developers in Korea/Japan are the ones getting stuff done and they're to blame. NCSOFT is our game publisher and so, it's their responsibilty to make the players happy. 

NCsoft is a South Korean company with nearly 700 million USD yearly revenue and over 3000 employees.

Some of those work in their 16 global subsidiareis, like our beloved NCSoft West here.

There is actually no B&S "publisher" for NA and EU, like there is for RU for example.

So just to help you guys avoiding confusions in your amusing discussion, please state clearly if you are referring to the whole company, the NCSoft West branch or the core developers in good old Korea. ;)

Thanks for the info Shuchin!

If your statements are to be believed, I am rather uncertain about who I am referring to as I do not know how things are operated. I do not know what role NCWEST has in this, what role NCSOFT has and what role the developers in Korea has. I am however confident that NCSOFT in general (meaning the global subsidiary NCWEST too) does have a major role when it comes to Blade & Souls current state and I will therefore direct my positive and negative aspects of the game to them, partly because there is no way to communicate with the Korean developers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2016 at 11:26 AM, Shuchin said:

NCsoft is a South Korean company with nearly 700 million USD yearly revenue and over 3000 employees.

Some of those work in their 16 global subsidiareis, like our beloved NCSoft West here.

There is actually no B&S "publisher" for NA and EU, like there is for RU for example.

So just to help you guys avoiding confusions in your amusing discussion, please state clearly if you are referring to the whole company, the NCSoft West branch or the core developers in good old Korea. ;)

And just to stop the confusion you are perpetuating.

NCSoft Korea owns NCSoft West.  They are not a subsidiary.  You might want to look up the definition of Subsidiary since you don't seem to know what it means.

A subsidiary is a company whose voting stock is more than 50% controlled by another company, usually referred to as the parent company or holding company. A subsidiary is a company that is partly or completely owned by another company that holds a controlling interest in the subsidiary company.

In other words:  Electronic Arts owns 51% of NCSoft West, that makes NCSoft West a subsidiary.  And it makes EA the publisher not NCSoft.  But, it does NOT however make NCSoft West a subsidiary when NCSoft Korea owns all of it, which they do.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/about-us/

NCSOFT, established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea

A better term would be "Branch Office"

thank you for the clarification. As I am not usually professionally using business English, I failed to see the mistake of the original article announcement:

SEOUL, Korea, Sept. 10, 2008—NCsoft ® Corporation (KSE: 036570.KS), the world's leading publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs), including award-winning franchises Lineage®, Guild Wars® and City of Heroes®, today announced the formation of "NC West™". A wholly-owned subsidiary of NCsoft with operating responsibility for western regions including the US and Europe, NC West will be led by Chris Chung as CEO, Jeff Strain as president, product development, David Reid as president, publishing, and Patrick Wyatt as CTO as well as yet unannounced European executives.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080913093345/http://www.plaync.com:80/us/news/2008/09/ncsoft_announce_31.html

So in fact a 100% owned company cannnot be called a subsidiary, as the article implies? <.<

Archived