Alternative for field boss weapons?

qpoljanan

I know most of have heard this complaint for the 100th time already, but yes I'm stuck with Hujikar, but I'm sure this also applies to field bosses that have the unfortunate predicament being located in very remote areas that barely any players go there to farm.

In my case, I have just returned to the game since March and have been enjoying myself so far, especially now that I have bought myself the membership pack. However, I soon found myself in need of an upgrade as my warlock can no longer seem to kill mobs as quickly as she used to do. 

I needed to upgrade my awakaned infernal razor but it requires hujikar's razor.

And here in lies the problem. 

NO ONE, as in not a single person has come to his spot since yesterday (I was monitoring BnS at random intervals while checking out the download progress for the Witcher 3). This wouldn't have been such a big deal if I could solo the guy, but the gameplay mechanics (like Tera or PSO2 where you could potentially dodge forever, but not so much here where enemies' attacks can track you no matter the distance) and my gear is too weak to even stand a chance against him. It doesn't also help that the chatbox is so frustratingly dead that it would be a miracle if anyone ever replies to you.

Now if they were to make weapon boxes or upgrade materials like those fiery nebula stones available for purchase at the store, I would not hesitate to friggin' buy them because this isn't even a case of RNG anymore, it's playing an MMO by yourself and being forced to take on a boss that was intended to be fought with other people, but said people are nonexistent since they probably already left the game for Black Desert Online. 

I already shiver about reaching lv50. And it's not even that BnS is a grindy game. It's knowing that by the time I reach there, the only handful of players left would have already moved on to the latest endgame content. 

Have you tried asking in the Faction chat instead of just hoping someone will come to kill it? My server is small, so that's what people are doing, and there is no shortage of level 50+++ willing to come and quickly nuke it with you. The Daily gives you an extra chest.  The survey gives you a brilliant key, and Hujikar is a good place to spend it, since the next untradeable purple weapon can be gotten with the essences off the marketplace.

Next week the servers will merge (sorry, link up) and there will be more people.

Alternatively, level up through the rest of the story and use purple weapon drops from the Silverfrost part, then come back and farm your gear from Hujikar onward.

Faction chat at this time is unfortunately silent and I'm not sure what time people on Highland Gate go online. What's sure however, is that the server is significantly less active than it was months ago. Heck, the party search function is pretty  much useless at this point.

What I would like at least, is for some quests and dungeons to be reasonably soloable without the whopping AP requirements. It's a good thing however, that dungeon matchmaking lobby is alive and well at least so there's no shortage of people there. 

Wasn't it an earlier one? I'd say, that my sf was around 40 too.. mh, not sure ;_; i do dungeons to often just for fun, thats why i am leveling a bit faster than i should be, i guess. But the XP event also forces too... mh mh. Maybe there are nice faction-chat-members to help u _-_ 

6 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

I'm still lv40 so there's still ways to go. So I guess back to progressing the story.

Go for it, and keep asking, particularly after July 14th merger. take a look at the newsletter, see which server you are going to be aligned with, and maybe try to find someone from that server or a guild to help you on the 15th. Depending on your class, you will be able to solo Hujikar eventually. I had to do it on level 42 or 43, and it sucked.

4 minutes ago, qpoljanan said:

There's going to be a server merge? Because finally. There is honestly WAY too many servers at EU at the moment and I seriously doubt those are even populated that well.

Shh, we are calling it 'linking' to 'create groups' not 'merging'. Take a look at the news section, it has a detailed description of the server 'groups'.

24 minutes ago, Edyis said:

Didn't you get a moonwater key from the survey? I used it for hujikar, bc i didn't want to waste my time there...

ewww I did that, don't waste your key on hujikar, use it at brightstone

less people run that. its easy to farm hujikar, I was able to solo him

10 minutes ago, Natose said:

I'm just saying its better to use the key at brightstone than hujikar, it took me 10 runs at brightstone to get my weapon were as hujikar is just a single boss kill

Hmm, on my first toon (Summoner):

I clocked 34 Huji kills (first couple was with other people, then solo, swapping channels) unlocking every class weapon multiple times but mine, running out of keys.  Brightsone I got on the first or second run (8 classes at the time). Used blue key on Profane weapon.

On the second toon (Warlock):

Used the blue key on Huji that I soloed in OB drops at level 49 after the daily chest gave me a not-class weapon (still 8 classes), Brightsone was a drop nobody else wanted, & bought essences for Profane J as by then I had tons of keys.

2 hours ago, chumbler said:

I don't think server merges will help with populating any areas below max level. They're deserted even on the largest servers.

It provides wider audience to ask for help. Better probability someone will take 10 minutes to kill Huji a few times with the OP.

Archived