Awakened Necro - Jiangshi Boss

luzt

Whats up with his aggro?

I always lose it at some point, even in the middle of going ham.

And I lose it sometimes to low geared players.

I can keep aggro on other bosses from FM's with 650ap+, but not at Jiangshi.

This is while playing my BM or KFM with mediocre gear, which shouldnt be a factor.

Is this intended or a bug?

As far I know being knocked down decreases your threat. It also happens with Jiangshi for profane weapon. I was with my FM low level with a DES level 50 HM 6 or 7 and often I stole her aggro.

Being knocked down/back easily leads you to losing aggro. Nothing exclusive to Profane Jiangshi in Necropolis. I had that happen to me when duoing Lycan world boss (not the Necropolis one) as a FM with a KFM. I'd only lose my aggro after being knocked back. Dunno if those particular attacks reset aggro too, but that's what I've experienced.

Lycan changes targets when the current one is stunned by its lightning attack. unless that attack is iframed, aggro is lost at least during the stun.

some other bosses are probably coded to do the same, as some are coded to attack targets other than the top of the aggro list.

@Tsuchiryu & @Majka You are right that getting CCd lowers your agro in general. But in this case you lose agro even if you completely block these attacks. You are not getting knocked down/back if you block them. You need to completely avoid getting hit by them (iframe, outrange or evade) to keep the agro. That's not something you can see at other bosses.

Archived