Yeti Assassin Party Saver Guide - Who needs an FM anyway?

Nabzy

I created a YouTube guide for party saving using Party Decoy as Assassin in Avalanche Den for the yeti boss.

This guide uses annotations to explain the mechanics.

Please leave feedback in this forum or in the comments on the video. Thanks everyone!

Nice video, it helped me with understanding how party protect version of decoy works (because in-game desription is so convoluted). I don't think I'll ever be able to avoid 7 cruxes because of my ping, but I'll try to get good.

Very very nice. However one note about Smokescreen: if you're going to use it put it AWAY from your party members so they don't get the Conspicuous debuff and negate Decoy/Seed Shroud from working.

I always do this every time I do Yeti because I don't trust/rely on the Force Master. Everyone gets frozen including the FM and I proc the party iframe, sometimes people go "Thank you" or "WHAT HOW DID I LIVE?!"

The Party Saver is required in Ebondrake Citadel and Hell Blast Furance. Every Sin must learn how to use their party saver.

3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

That Yeti drops tho. Jeez would be nice to get such loot instead of the usual 2 stingers.

I know! The yeti drops were crazy this run!

2 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Very very nice. However one note about Smokescreen: if you're going to use it put it AWAY from your party members so they don't get the Conspicuous debuff and negate Decoy/Seed Shroud from working.

I always do this every time I do Yeti because I don't trust/rely on the Force Master. Everyone gets frozen including the FM and I proc the party iframe, sometimes people go "Thank you" or "WHAT HOW DID I LIVE?!"

The Party Saver is required in Ebondrake Citadel and Hell Blast Furance. Every Sin must learn how to use their party saver.

I didn't think about that debuff... if you use smokescreen, can you still party decoy?

14 minutes ago, Nabzy said:

I didn't think about that debuff... if you use smokescreen, can you still party decoy?

Yes you can. Smokescreen has a 3 meter radius, just make sure it doesn't touch anyone or they can't be saved by party Decoy.

4 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Yes you can. Smokescreen has a 3 meter radius, just make sure it doesn't touch anyone or they can't be saved by party Decoy.

Got it. I'll edit the annotations and description accordingly. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, N3ro said:

When you use your party decoy for the 8th aoe how exactly do you expect to save the party afterwards though... ?

You just do the same thing, except you 2-2 instead of 2-q the last hit to save the party. A guide update would be pretty wasted on that.

True, but still we have a way to iframe 8 cruxes without smokescreen. Useful for solo attempt for glory.

Also 2 > Q is outdated, and it'd be confusing if people referred to it and didn't realize it was outdated.

34 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Any chance of a more up-to-date video? We have Protection Decoy merged into our Stage 1 tree, which is a two button press and also allows us to iframe 8 cruxes without Smokescreen.

When you use your party decoy for the 8th aoe how exactly do you expect to save the party afterwards though... ?

You just do the same thing, except you 2-2 instead of 2-q the last hit to save the party. A guide update would be pretty wasted on that.

Archived