Daily Challenge or Lair/Necropolis?

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone wise in the way of this game could advise me on what is better gold-for-time each day. Time-wise, I can either do a Daily Challenge, or one run of Lair/Necropolis. What should I pick?

Please, refrain from the 'why don't you just eat cake' suggestions.

It all depends on RNG and where your current gear is at honestly. It seems Necro seems to have better drops than something like Yeti, but it also takes 2-4 times as long depending on party size.

Currently right now with the merchant spawning in Necro and not Yeti, Asura, or Lair, Necro is your best bet. (On June 22nd when Asura will have merchant -- that will be your best bet)

If you can get a fast Asura party that can complete it within 25 minutes, that's probably your best dungeon to farm otherwise.

For me as an FM with 636 AP this is best for me in this order:

Fast 25-30 minute Asura party (stinger drop rates are crazy since you get stingers from 4 different boss fights) 

2 Man yeti (3 man isn't bad either)

Necro (3 or 4 man)

13 minutes ago, Nabzy said:

Currently right now with the merchant spawning in Necro and not Yeti, Asura, or Lair, Necro is your best bet. (On June 22nd when Asura will have merchant -- that will be your best bet)

As  I said, please, no 'just eat cake' suggestions, so no Yeti, let alone Asura or 4 M anything.

So, Lair+Necro > Challenge then?

It depends on what is selected for the daily challenge as far as time concerns.  Beast Bog is a horrible waste of time and it sounds like you'd skip the 6v6, soguns and nexus options.  I have been in a few Necro runs that were fails and wasted lots of time for no reward.  If it is in the daily challenge then there is more likely going to be more geared players in the run.  The daily challenge reward is around the same amount of frozen stingers as lair/necro and you can use the tokens for naryu tablets if needed or flowers of lament. It sounds like they are adding extra rewards to the daily challenge next patch on 6/22, so I think I would do it over lair/necro then for sure.  

Depends... does the daily challenge involve any difficult (i.e.: Sogun's Lament) or annoyingly time-consuming (i.e.: Beastbog) dungeon? If so, definitely Lair AND Necropolis. Otherwise, well... it also depends... do you have the time to complete the daily challenge... say, 1 or 2 hours, give or take? Can't always assume you do for all I know, so I still recommend Lair and Necropolis in case free time to play is not long enough.

Me, personally? For whenever I'm VERY short on time, which usually means less than half an hour a day available to play the game on weekdays (it's what happens to who studies AND works), I just do Cold Storage and call it a day, maybe going as far as Kaari Lord if I'm lucky.

22 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

As  I said, please, no 'just eat cake' suggestions, so no Yeti, let alone Asura or 4 M anything.

So, Lair+Necro > Challenge then?

Why don't you do 4 mans? If you haven't learned the dungeons yet, then yeah go ahead and do 6 man dungeon runs until you learn it, but the best gold in the game (aside from SSP) is going to be from running dungeons in a 4 man party format. That gives much better party rewards in the main 3 dungeons. Asura I have seen drop good items in both 4 and 6 man, though 4 man is slightly better. 

I misunderstood your question at first in my initial response:

If you have time to run the daily challange, that should also mean you have enough time to run Lair/Necro each once along with your dailies in shiverstone range. Those dailies may not seem to give that much gold, but it only takes maybe 30 minutes to complete most of them (aside from Frostscale Basin which probably takes a good 15-30 minutes itself depending on party size and gear). Last I checked those dailies gave me around 8-10 gold and about 100k exp total if I remember correctly (with premium). 

If you can manage to have time for Lair/Necro + shiverstone dailies, I'd say those are much more worth your time than the Daily challenge. But hey, maybe you'll get lucky and both lair and necro will be in the daily challenge along with something like cold storage and talus or ogong. In those cases I'd say complete that since you'll already be half done!

I only have time for either Lair/Necropolis in 6M format or running the Daily Challenge for fangs. I am buying the fangs from the crafting proceeds, but it is good to have a few freebies.

I want to pick one, Challenge or L/AN. Anything other than the 6M Lair and Necropolis is out of the question. I already factored in the SSP, Cold Storage and Mandate in my daily play. I have less than 3 hrs.

Archived