Alternate use for Siren/Pirate emblems and tokens: Make them exchangeable for perfume/machismo

As you may have noticed, many endgame players don't have a use for Sirem Emblems or Pirate Tokens anymore. New players may also end up with a surplus of these, especially if they found their accessories and weapons through 6-man dungeons.

I would suggest making them exchangeable at 2:1.

To put that plainly,

You trade in 2 Siren Emblems, you get 1 Poharan's Perfume

You trade in 2 Pirate Tokens, you get 1 Hae Mujin's Machismo

Now, just a side comment - I honestly think insignias/emblems/etc should be freely tradeable between players. I have never played an MMO before where over 50% of looted rewards were untradeable - it's really not helping the economy.

I 100% agree on the idea, but really can't see NCSoft agreeing with the exchange ratio since it'd crash the prices of both Perfume and Machismo. Something like... 5 Siren = 1 Perfume and 10 Pirate = 1 Machismo, if even that because as if NCSoft would want to do something nice for the players. You also have to take into account that some of the veteran players must've piled up hundreds of these tokens so they would obviously benefit economically the most since they could sell all the extra perfumes and machismos.

Oh and responding to the side comment that while I can see why they won't make these tradeable between players, I REALLY wish they would at least make them tradeable between your own characters... it's a huge pain having over 100 emblems/tokens on your main while your alt needs them so much more atm. :(

At the very least, the Siren Emblems and Pirate Tokens should be account bound.  My main doesn't need any of the garbage I'm getting from mushroom runs.  My alt, on the other hand, is starving for those mats.

45 minutes ago, DyvorKurozu said:

I 100% agree on the idea, but really can't see NCSoft agreeing with the exchange ratio since it'd crash the prices of both Perfume and Machismo. Something like... 5 Siren = 1 Perfume and 10 Pirate = 1 Machismo, if even that because as if NCSoft would want to do something nice for the players. You also have to take into account that some of the veteran players must've piled up hundreds of these tokens so they would obviously benefit economically the most since they could sell all the extra perfumes and machismos.

Oh and responding to the side comment that while I can see why they won't make these tradeable between players, I REALLY wish they would at least make them tradeable between your own characters... it's a huge pain having over 100 emblems/tokens on your main while your alt needs them so much more atm. :(

I arrived at 2:1 based on the fact that you can only earn about 2-3 tokens per day doing BSH/Poh6 and Efleet/NSH24 (not counting the Mushroom event, as that is an external concern) - also considering that the 24 dungeons are dead on non-challenge days. While there would be a brief flood, it would be mitigated by the fact that supply will eventually be exhausted, whereas others will hold out in favor of a higher selling price.

13 minutes ago, TheDaiyu said:

At the very least, the Siren Emblems and Pirate Tokens should be account bound.  My main doesn't need any of the garbage I'm getting from mushroom runs.  My alt, on the other hand, is starving for those mats.

Yeah. I'd say stuff like faction/NPC insignias, warrior tokens and Naryu fragments should also get the same treatment.

Archived