Jump to content
Forums

BDO VS BNS - pros n cons


Terimac

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, SirNox said:

Just logged in to like this post. I can't express into words how much I agree with your post. That said, will still play BDO anyways because there's nothing else.

Just to clarify, the starting area might seem generic fantasy, the later areas they released however are far more arabian nights (complete with tamable elephants, camels, an enormous desert, etc). There are islands you can boat to that are closer to tropic jungles, and the future areas we are slated to get (the dark elf homelands) are a mixture of subterranean and dark old monolithic cities.


Keep in mind that, the diversity you see in B&S is a game that is more than twice as old that has been rapidly releasing its content to ....well I don't know why I guess. They should focus on fixing the botting/hacking issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why r these games compared? Bns is like the opposite of bdo in terms of game goals. Bdo is a sandbox mmo and has been adertised as such. The kind where u lead ur own gameplay. Bns is about competition pvp or pve wise. Ofc bns fans may hate bdo bcus theres no goal/challenge. Its not a challenge based game. Its about exploring and such. Or at least thats what I understand of bdo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

Why r these games compared? Bns is like the opposite of bdo in terms of game goals. Bdo is a sandbox mmo and has been adertised as such. The kind where u lead ur own gameplay. Bns is about competition pvp or pve wise. Ofc bns fans may hate bdo bcus theres no goal/challenge. Its not a challenge based game. Its about exploring and such. Or at least thats what I understand of bdo. 

I think that how you described each game is pretty much what the OP wanted to hear :P  doesnt matter that each one is completely different just tell him what its like.  If they have something in common say which one you think is better.  If they have nothing in common say that this game has this but that other game doesnt.  Cant decide if you want to eat an apple or an orange? well apples are crunchy, has a core that you cant eat, and it costs 30 dollars on their online store...i mean 30 cents at the market.  While an orange has a bit better taste, but a skin you have to peel though if you get the seedless version once you peel the skin you can eat the rest of it.  Ohh and the orange is also F2P with a cash shop where you can buy costumes and stuff.  Though the orange has been having problems with bots and hackers lately.  wait...what was i talking about again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bandsnewbie said:

I think that how you described each game is pretty much what the OP wanted to hear :P  doesnt matter that each one is completely different just tell him what its like.  If they have something in common say which one you think is better.  If they have nothing in common say that this game has this but that other game doesnt.  Cant decide if you want to eat an apple or an orange? well apples are crunchy, has a core that you cant eat, and it costs 30 dollars on their online store...i mean 30 cents at the market.  While an orange has a bit better taste, but a skin you have to peel though if you get the seedless version once you peel the skin you can eat the rest of it.  Ohh and the orange is also F2P with a cash shop where you can buy costumes and stuff.  Though the orange has been having problems with bots and hackers lately.  wait...what was i talking about again?

<3

Link to post
Share on other sites

I left this game to go to that game. Currently tabbing between here and fishing off of my boat. I really like BnS but there really ain't jack squat to do for end game content except same-old same-old; BDO has so much crap going on I'm not anywhere near end-game after 300+ hrs in game. They really only have one point of comparison, and I'm saddened to tell ya - BDO is the better waifu simulator. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 26, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Faytte said:

Just to clarify, the starting area might seem generic fantasy, the later areas they released however are far more arabian nights (complete with tamable elephants, camels, an enormous desert, etc). There are islands you can boat to that are closer to tropic jungles, and the future areas we are slated to get (the dark elf homelands) are a mixture of subterranean and dark old monolithic cities.


Keep in mind that, the diversity you see in B&S is a game that is more than twice as old that has been rapidly releasing its content to ....well I don't know why I guess. They should focus on fixing the botting/hacking issues. 

How long do you have to stay in the Generic areas? And can the characters look non-cacausian/be distinctive species not the same elves and dwarves? What is the feel of the epoch/history? How good is story and dialogue?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard good things and bad things about BDO, i might go try it soon. Tho, my concern is more on PvP and thats because if i start to play that, then it's not to do any PvP at all. And people say you cannot avoid it, so im not sure.

This game, you can avoid ALL PvP. Many of my toons has NEVER been into a PvP fight here and i dont have any plans of that, since im not really "playing".

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bardo said:

I heard good things and bad things about BDO, i might go try it soon. Tho, my concern is more on PvP and thats because if i start to play that, then it's not to do any PvP at all. And people say you cannot avoid it, so im not sure.

This game, you can avoid ALL PvP. Many of my toons has NEVER been into a PvP fight here and i dont have any plans of that, since im not really "playing".

PvP currently unlocks at lvl 45. One easy way to avoid PvP is to make four characters from jump, each focused on a different life-skill, switch between 'em and you'll be in for like a 1000 + hrs before it even becomes a concern. Personally I feel the reports of random ganking are exaggerated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellenjanuary said:

PvP currently unlocks at lvl 45. One easy way to avoid PvP is to make four characters from jump, each focused on a different life-skill, switch between 'em and you'll be in for like a 1000 + hrs before it even becomes a concern. Personally I feel the reports of random ganking are exaggerated. 

Then i wont try that game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...