Jump to content
Forums

BDO VS BNS - pros n cons


Terimac

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Don't scare me like that. I have not tried BDO, because I know it is unappealing to me. I am not into housing, fishing and dress-up. I seriously don't feel compelled to go for a game which in every review raves the most about horse-breeding  and being able to do stuff afk.

Their housing and fishing isn't your typical "I got nothing else better to do waste of time" mini games. You can actively fish, but you can also AFK fish which grants you a loot every 3 minutes: aka non-active income. Their housing is different by the fact that your game buff is tied to the items you have, as well as storage and crafting whicch are all account based, so you can have 5 chars and they all get the benefits. 

3 minutes ago, Pew Pew said:

Only issue I have with BnS is bots once they fix that I'll be happier than a bear with a picnic basket

GL waiting for that to happen. As said earlier, TW was released Nov 2014, and they haven't got rid of the BOTs yet. A lot of players there actually welcomes them because they drive the material cost down on the market -> soulstones for 2s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AttacKat said:

Their housing and fishing isn't your typical "I got nothing else better to do waste of time" mini games. You can actively fish, but you can also AFK fish which grants you a loot every 3 minutes: aka non-active income. Their housing is different by the fact that your game buff is tied to the items you have, as well as storage and crafting whicch are all account based, so you can have 5 chars and they all get the benefits. 

GL waiting for that to happen. As said earlier, TW was released Nov 2014, and they haven't got rid of the BOTs yet. A lot of players there actually welcomes them because they drive the material cost down on the market -> soulstones for 2s.

I don't mind having bots as I have played many MANY mmos so I know you cannot get rid of all of them.

I am just waiting for more frequent ban waves to happen

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AttacKat said:

Their housing and fishing isn't your typical "I got nothing else better to do waste of time" mini games. You can actively fish, but you can also AFK fish which grants you a loot every 3 minutes: aka non-active income. Their housing is different by the fact that your game buff is tied to the items you have, as well as storage and crafting whicch are all account based, so you can have 5 chars and they all get the benefits.

Yes, it was the same in SWTOR. You got bonus on the Conquest points depending on how much you unlocked and decorated the Stronghold. It also served as a transition point to skip the costs and hassle of going to the ship. Gave access to all your utilities, like markets, storage, mail, etc, anywhere in-game. You could go to SH and then go right back to where you were.

 

And, as useful as it was, I thought it was boring, and preferred to use the Guild's one. My 9 yo kiddo loves them though, and is hot in pursuit of a diamond jump-on couch in her Wizardry 101.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pew Pew said:

I don't mind having bots as I have played many MANY mmos so I know you cannot get rid of all of them.

I am just waiting for more frequent ban waves to happen

Some BOTs are okay, but when P:B ratio is 1:20 or higher, you have issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant really give any good pros and cons for either game, especially since i've only played BDO for < 2 hours even though i've had it for like 2 months.  If there was one thing that i could change about BDO is i would have preferred B&S's combat system (and also the FM class lol bring that over to BDO).  There are some minor things like the quest and dialogue system is kinda meh.  But the main thing i dont like about BDO is its combat system.  I guess i'm just too old to care anymore about combo system like games.  I'd rather have tab target like wow, swtor, lotro or action combat like B&S, GW2 or WS.  But the whole LMB+RMB for this attack, W+LMB for that attack which i think is similar to DCUO's combat system i just dont care for anymore.  I just get so lazy that i just mash LMB all the time in BDO.  And having to learn yet another skill tree setup after B&S i dont even know wtf i'm looking at with BDOs system.  B&S i figured out easy enough but BDO i was like ughhh i dont even care enough to learn how they have all their stuff laid out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Short version, BDO is much more social and less straightforward (it's a genuine oldschool MMO unlike BnS) but to me it felt kinda empty and unpolished in a lot of ways (i.e. the UI is the worst I've ever seen in the game this big and expensive). Conceptually BDO is more interesting, but BnS is a better product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bandsnewbie said:

But the main thing i dont like about BDO is its combat system.  I guess i'm just too old to care anymore about combo system like games.  I'd rather have tab target like wow, swtor, lotro or action combat like B&S, GW2 or WS.  But the whole LMB+RMB for this attack, W+LMB for that attack which i think is similar to DCUO's combat system i just dont care for anymore.  I just get so lazy that i just mash LMB all the time in BDO.

I too didn't like BDO combat system but I think the problem is not how it works as a control system, but the fact that it's kinda meaningless what you are doing. I've played as a Sorceress a bit and every new attack felt pretty much more of the same to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hei7oo said:

I too didn't like BDO combat system but I think the problem is not how it works as a control system, but the fact that it's kinda meaningless what you are doing. I've played as a Sorceress a bit and every new attack felt pretty much more of the same to me.

Ohh yah i think i got the same impression where i would do several attacks and i would think to myself "this one feels just like the other one".  A bit more animation variety would have been nice i think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AttacKat said:

LOL, sad thing is, at the rate the BOTs show up, BnS need to do it as frequently as every 30 seconds.

nah if they became more active about it they really wouldn't have to be frequent. Seeing as they still have to relevel which takes time even as a bot.

 

anyways later

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, yeah, I am used to a tight group of 5+ destroyers that kill that mini-boss by Northreach. I am watching them progress through the Hongmoon levels. I tried selecting at least on of the cluster to report by clicking on it, but by some reason I can't. They show up on the + and Near search, but there you do not have a report button. We seriously need it, as it is the only convenient way to report those clusters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

*BnS is unfriendly for newbies, the game is linear and look empty, costume are easy to get and enjoyable in early level, the crafting is STUPID mechanic and not reward for the time spend. All you do at endgame in BnS are dailies, getting your butt kick by hackers both in open world or arena (there are still real player in high rank in pvp but it's minor compare to bot/hackers). BnS has cheaper custom cash shop.

*BDO got huge massive open world to explore and the game fit for everyone from extreme casual to extreme hardcore, there are ton of thing to do in game and the more alts you create, the more benefit apply to all across your toons (mostly energy pool), the game combat system need more learning curve compare to BnS but after you get use to it then it really fun and very nice animation. However, you are easy to get lost and don't know what to do in BDO due to many thing need to learn at early level. You can't do pvp below level 45 and mostly focus on Guild vs Guild war pvp so if you are solo then most of the time folks just leave you alone unless you are wander into some party grind area but they will either invite you to join them or they will warn you before they jump on you (the community is very nice and way nicer than BnS). The game look lively in every zones with pepole run/walk back and forward doing something.

 

Conlution (base on my experiences):

*BnS is short term play. 

*BDO is long term play.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've searched for the BDO official forum, and what I found out on the first page was that the PvP is horrible/forced/all wrong, that it is P2Win, that Markets are terrible, gear is embarrassing, and something about horse breeding being nerfed.... ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I've searched for the BDO official forum, and what I found out on the first page was that the PvP is horrible/forced/all wrong, that it is P2Win, that Markets are terrible, gear is embarrassing, and something about horse breeding being nerfed.... ;)

BnS forum is full of negative comments way more than BDO.

Both game has it own flaws but BnS is winning side of the FAILURE if compare to BDO.

If you search google about search data base for BnS and BDO, you will see the BnS chard rapidly derease while BDO getting it own peak right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kromede said:

BnS forum is full of negative comments way more than BDO.

Both game has it own flaws but BnS is winning side of the FAILURE if compare to BDO.

If you search google about search data base for BnS and BDO, you will see the BnS chard rapidly derease while BDO getting it own peak right now.

Well, sucks to be me. I don't like BDO, I like BnS.  If BnS doesn't stabilize, I will just try to get into the Mass Effect again till something I like comes out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Don't scare me like that. I have not tried BDO, because I know it is unappealing to me. I am not into housing, fishing and dress-up. I seriously don't feel compelled to go for a game which in every review raves the most about horse-breeding  and being able to do stuff afk.

 

I have done the raid 4x a week schedule, and it is too much for me. But I also do not want to play on my own. The 24M areas in BnS, and the green&blue dungeons were my holy grail. Oh, and 1vs1 arenas!

 

I WISH they put far more emphasis on that, not on the purple dungeons!

 

I am pretty sure I am not the only one who wants a MMO that has the sort of the 'on my own time, but with other people' and "a little challenging, but not so much that you need VoiP", a game where you can spend an hour or four on happy escapism not marred by the feeling of being forever behind.

 

Am I the only one wanting that Goldilocks play-style?

You should play TERA, seems more what you are wishing for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Faline said:

You should play TERA, seems more what you are wishing for.

I don't want to play TERA. I like the main things that the BnS has to offer A LOT, just need to find ways that work for me to stay geared just good enough to keep playing. And that's through playing, I am not interested in buying things, save for sub. I am pretty sure I will manage by simply staying behind the gearing curve.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2016 at 10:55 AM, Nattia said:

bdo:

+ great visuals, cool costumes

- no pve whatsover

- unavoidable pvp

- expensive cash shop

 

bns:

+pve

+visuals, cool costumes

+ you can choose if you want to pvp

+lyns!

Oh boy, do SSP speedhackers, spambots, and arena hackers not exist in BNS?

 

I'm going to refute that point about pvp (bolded). Faction quests require you to put on uniforms, which means it's open season on you. Faction quests (or arena) are a must for soulstones, and it'll hit your income hard if you choose to buy them via marketplace. Faction play is also required for weapon/accessory evolve items, and there's no way around it. Two, you need a royal zen bean to unlock some of your hongmoon skills, and that can only be obtained via arena.

 

So yes, you can choose not to PvP, but it'll stunt your progression significantly.

 

BNS's cash shop ain't exactly cheap either, and especially not with the semi-P2W boxes going on before last week.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

Oh boy, do SSP speedhackers, spambots, and arena hackers not exist in BNS?

 

I'm going to refute that point about pvp (bolded). Faction quests require you to put on uniforms, which means it's open season on you. Faction quests (or arena) are a must for soulstones, and it'll hit your income hard if you choose to buy them via marketplace. Faction play is also required for weapon/accessory evolve items, and there's no way around it. Two, you need a royal zen bean to unlock some of your hongmoon skills, and that can only be obtained via arena.

 

So yes, you can choose not to PvP, but it'll stunt your progression significantly.

 

BNS's cash shop ain't exactly cheap either, and especially not with the semi-P2W boxes going on before last week.

 

 

The rng boxes were indeed overpriced, I agree. I totally would play BDO if it had PVE, but I literally have nothing to do there except killing mobs (and I'm not into breeding horses or fishing, lol)  since I hate PVP with a passion :D plus BDO has glitchy transparent hairstyles which bothers me to no end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

B&S: Combat optimized around single target fights, Lots of Outfits available for free, Premier PvP*, Fun Dungeons
BDO: Not ruined by thousands of bots and hackers, incredible sand box elements, Combat optimized around open world and multiple enemies, Great group pvp--lacks any good instanced Arena

 

Result: B&S was a game that was great if you wanted to play arena, but speed hackers and bots ruined that. So in the end you have Dungeons and lack of activities vs a game with no dungeons but an incredible amount of activities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2016 at 8:22 AM, DomiSotto said:

I've looked at BDO, but the setting is unappealing to me. I want an exotic world, not the same olde Medieval England. I'll stick to BnS or play SP games till something comes out that is both new and actually unusual in both landscaping and character creation. With the wealth of cultural diversity in the world, the game-makers desire to forever clone Tolkien is sad.

Just logged in to like this post. I can't express into words how much I agree with your post. That said, will still play BDO anyways because there's nothing else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ellisande said:

Lyns are a con for me. I hate lolis. HATE THEM. Especially when they are also furries. Just no. At least they don't completely contradict the game's lore in the way that Aion's Shugos do. That's why I had to stop playing Aion. Well one of the reasons. The other reason is because I simply couldn't stand the game devolving into a constant potion chugging game due to the lack of legitimate skill based ways of regaining hp and mp.

 

HP and MP regeneration need to be tied to skills, not to limited consumables.

What are you even talking about. There are multiple classes with the ability to regenerate HP and mana if you know how to play them right. Nearly every class I've played can. Of course your never going to get COMPLETE HP regen on anything other than a songweaver, cleric, or chanter but that's part of the challenge and the fun.  And the shugos do make sense given the games very elaborate lore that includes multiple sapient races :/ Should have read more of the side quests, they will give you background. At least they did before the godforsaken upheaval update hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...