Wait... Cold Storage dungeon behind PAYWALL??

raik7

The moment you add a item which needs to be bought to enter a run you have a paywall. It don't matter that you get (1) free per day it still a paywall. Imagine Yeti having this function? how many times was this 4 man run for stingers?. You farm stuff BECAUSE it has what you need, not this sad excuse to milk people of their money while they get stuffed by the RnG of items appearing in the first place. Unless drops are guaranteed to be REALLY high for every token run this method is just stupid and is a joke to even think about.

But for people who spent THOUSANDS of REAL dollars on Treasure Trove this I guess won't matter squat to them, just a minor inconvenience they face while maxing gear in a few days. It must be nice to not have other worries in your daily life. 

If this is what you have to go through while trying to find 20k+ gold to even make your legendary weapon now, well I'm better off watching a bridge burn while eating heavily salted popcorn. 

3 hours ago, Fael said:

The most important thing here is the slippery slop. At launch, it was "only cosmetic stuff on the shop". Then "a bit of random gear" with the first chest event. Then "You get extra rare stuff! And you get extra expensive stuff! And you get both!" with the new chest event. And now, it's even content access on the shop. Soon, we'll get exclusive weapon breakthrough, then stats bonuses, then exclusive skills... Well, you see where this is going.

And all of that, in an already dying game without even a word about the huge issues pushing players to quit. Why would we be glad to have to pay to play if the game's quality is not on par with a real P2P game? And what's the point in paying content in a game which really could be closed in a few months? 

Just give us a real restriction or even put a sub in the game, at least it will help with the game's problems. 

QFT

And I don't care what anyone says 'pay to progress' is pay to win.... whoever has the bigger wallet has the better gear. The amount of gold it takes to upgrade is so *cricket*ing high that it is impossible for a 3 day a week player to catch up. And there is no time left for alts, but if I open my wallet to this dying game I can be on par.

The ONLY reason I bought the founders pack and the year of premium was because this game was to sell cosmetics only. Boy have I been *cricket*ing duped by NCSoft.

So now what?

All you can do is let people harp about whether it's p2w or not until the content actually comes out.

People will complain about it like they did with the Treasure Trove claiming it's p2w and that it'll ruin the economy. Even though Frozen Stinger prices are still the same and was actually less when the event was previously announced, Moonstones actually doubled in price and soulstones prices stayed the same.

Only item that was heavily affected was the Moonwater Transformation stones but that just makes it easier for newer people to upgrade to True Pirate.

Anyways, I don't understand threads like this.

It'll just be 2 sides disagreeing with each other since the definition of p2w is skewed so now there's 4+ definitions in people's heads.

Just wait till the content actually comes out before you complain/defend, is all I have to say.

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2016 at 4:34 AM, Fael said:

It's not a question of Pay 2 Win, because it's not really P2W (well, it is for the 6v6 unequalized PvP). But it's "Pay to continue playing", and it's not normal or good in a MMO. OK, people used to be scammed by NCSoft are used to it, but it's disgusting for others. I didn't pay a Master Pack to play Candy Crush MMO edition. 

I'm OK with the restriction, but against the possibility to pay to avoid it. This decision is stupid and unfair :

- If the dungeon is useless and gives no XP and no stuff, why would you put the restriction? It's just one more useless dungeon to farm without even paying attention to it. 

- If the dungeon gives a lot of XP, then it is unfair to give so much XP only to people paying for it. The "It would be bad for people to attain HM10 too fast" argument is even worse if you say that only the paying players will be able to do it. 

- If the dungeon gives some clan's outfit mats, then it is unfair to allow only the paying clans to farm it to get their outfit. You pay? OK, you can get your outfit this week. You don't want to pay? See you next year! 

- If the dungeon gives gear like a breakthrough weapon, it is P2W for the 6v6 and unfair anyway. Do you imagine if they put the Corrupted Cave behind a pay wall? Majority of players would have just stop right there, at level 25, and never touch the game again. We're in a boring farming game, where you have to run the same things hundreds of time to get your gear. If you have to pay to do it, that's BS.

The most important thing here is the slippery slop. At launch, it was "only cosmetic stuff on the shop". Then "a bit of random gear" with the first chest event. Then "You get extra rare stuff! And you get extra expensive stuff! And you get both!" with the new chest event. And now, it's even content access on the shop. Soon, we'll get exclusive weapon breakthrough, then stats bonuses, then exclusive skills... Well, you see where this is going.

And all of that, in an already dying game without even a word about the huge issues pushing players to quit. Why would we be glad to have to pay to play if the game's quality is not on par with a real P2P game? And what's the point in paying content in a game which really could be closed in a few months? 

Just give us a real restriction or even put a sub in the game, at least it will help with the game's problems. 

Hold on everybody hold on. I dont know about other classes, but assassins need 120 orbs for a hongmoon skill, and the orbs you need are things that you CANT buy elsewhere. Limiting entry and allowing others who pay ENTRY AGAIN is unfair. This means that only paying players can get this skill. If you dont reset it and do it everyday, as a casual or even hardcore gamer playing freely (as the game is intended to be) and get outbidded on all the orbs after your once a day allowed clear, you make 1~2 freezing orbs a day. So, 60~120 days for a skill.? Ridiculous. Especially since the rate at which content comes out (A MAJOR update every 1~2 months) you would never keep up unless you pay, as in each of these new updates therell be something youll be beyond weak without. (Such as the new badges, or souls, or now even the simplest of things pets that give defensive stats to paying players ONLY

ALSO, I wouldnt be suprised if the orbs are put in the hm store, if they arent already, as many key items for things such as hm stores are appearing in the store, which only further worsen the issue. Paying players have cheaper costs on EVERYTHING, quicker revive times which in 1v1 situations can win a fight (say if poison ticks you both off in open world pvp) since theyll get up first (happened to me twice so dont say its a minute possibility its more likely than youd think), and paying players now have xp and gold that others have NO WAY OF GETTING, IN ADDITION to the skill you recieve by doing this dungeon. The only other way is doing more pvp games than anyone could fathem.

But all this is only minor inconviences one may say, fine.

60~120 days for a skill youre worthless without is doable while farming new content. A valid argument, truly. However, this is why that argument is invalid:

The BIGGEST issue is the fact that currently the way the game is set up, its one ENTRY a day.

NOT one clear a day.

If you enter it with some bozo or troll that has already completed their one time entry for the day, there goes your shot for the day as well. It has no indicator that I can see in the pregame lobby, so even normal players will screw others by mistake, simply if they arent aware of this. Happened to 3 of my friends already. This is very likely to be a major issue, as a large portion of players do this dungeon, and this one day entry thing isnt exactly widely known at the moment. It may even get to the point where bots queue up and become prominent enough to make this dungeon IMPOSSIBLE to do, as they would be bound to repeating it and taking 5 other players chances down with them in the act. The bots are an equal if not larger population than the player base.

Ive seen them repeat instances and on average they do an instance 50~100 times (world bosses dungeons etc). I

Ive already had one bot join up, he had a normalish name and he blew my shot for the day. The other 4 were friends so I know it wasnt them. 5 chances blown to a bot

As if their spam wasnt bad enough

Now think, simple math

1 bot removing 5 chances 50 times... 250 chances gone per bot.

Everyday

While bots > players

Its not going to take long before all players get their chances wasted.

Now you say, BUT BOTS HAVE STUPID NAMES

Around half of them dont

So if you kick the half that do, itll average out to 2.5 chances wasted a bot.

Then some careful players ask for a chat before starting to make sure

Less bots will be in parties, yes, but not every player will do this.

Say they average even 1 chance wasted per bot.

Their population is greater, and theyd theoretically (however you spell that) remove the majority of our chances to clear this instance, with the aid of trolls and the clueless

Not only is this going to waste alot of gold, stingers, and so on, itll remove xp as well.

Now heres a simple theory

Less stingers = less supply

Less supply = more demand

More demand = higher gold

Good right.? Wrong.

This gold will be going to higher level players, most likely the payin folk thatll be purchasing legendary weapons with that gold

Once they spend the gold on the upgrade, that gold is out of the economy.

Prices go up further

We all go broke and servers close

Nah just kidding but it will invoke less money in the economy, little by little.

If changes like this continue, we will start losing gold from the economy faster than dailies can replenish it.

This can make upgrading things harder, and further push us to the ultimate decision

Pay. To. Win.

Pay to play a free game that isnt even guranteed to stay open in na

Lifes great, MMOs are in a good spot right now, dont you agree .? ^_^

Ps ( my grammar isnt right and im sure this is rambled. I can make it much clearer and rewrite it in better words and cite evidence/proof and so on

Reply to me if you need me to, id be happy to clarify) 

GG!

Archived