Wait... Cold Storage dungeon behind PAYWALL??

raik7

Around 25:40 of this video

First the p2w event that'll make all the other events p2w.

Now a p2w dungeon? 

I didn't mind at all ppl paying thousand of dollars to get to Scorpio weapon and accessories, but putting an important dungeon behind ANY paywall is just TOO MUCH.

Just now, TeGeek said:

the dungeon i locked on other regions to... they could remove the item that unlocks it so you can only do it once per day, would that be more fun?

"other regions". that's not an argument for a bad designed system.

I'd rather have it open to farm the way I want, this is the "fun" part. 

You are avoiding the problem.

It's basically a single boss dungeon that you can do once a day or can pay a TINY amount of gold or HM/NC coin to reset it for that day.  There is no gear (a sellable breakthrough item) that purely comes out of it that you're going to miss out on, it is mainly materials (which are sold for gold anyway).  So please stop crying that its "behind a paywall".  This isn't the same as a farmable dungeon for Soul Shields or other gear, it is purely a mats thing similar to a daily treasure trove except its a boss.

1 minute ago, Nattia said:

Geez, it's like that in other regions too. Kinda like ghillieglade and other limited dungeons in Tera. people on this forum cry about everything

Stop avoiding the problem.

Understand something, if they do this with a simple dungeon, they gonna do that in the future again in a worst way.

It's the same as this event, ALL the coming events will be a pure cash grab p2w. THIS is the problem.

I only played p2p games, didn't know f2p would be this cash grab, it's not for me. Sadly the game's combat system is the best I've ever seen.

6 minutes ago, raik7 said:

Stop avoiding the problem.

Understand something, if they do this with a simple dungeon, they gonna do that in the future again in a worst way.

It's the same as this event, ALL the coming events will be a pure cash grab p2w. THIS is the problem.

I only played p2p games, didn't know f2p would be this cash grab, it's not for me. Sadly the game's combat system is the best I've ever seen.

You realize there is a boss in this dungeon that gives a lot of XP? If people kept doing it constantly everyone would be at HM10. i don't see anything wrong with limited entries it's normal for f2p mmos. especially if such an instance gives special amount of loot or unusual xp. i really fail to see your problem.

I am beyond sick of this whining about pay walls p2w etc.

It is VERY common and normal for MANY games to have a LIMITED amount of runs for the dungeons and having the chance of using items/tickets to reset if you wanted extra runs. This is PERFECTLY FINE.
I was playing a game where we didn't have a daily limit, it was WEEKLY!! Each dungeon could be done only 4 times A WEEK!! And you know what? It was still JUST FINE. Because the tickets to reset (if you wanted to do more) are affordable with the gold you make, and I'm sure it will be the same here. Stop the whining about everything Jesus Christ you always find something new to complain about, you should consider to go play another game then instead of making a fuss out of every freaking thing.

Side note: Sorry about so many caps, I'm really tired and annoyed of seeing this same crap over and over every time I log in the forum.

1 hour ago, xSonatax said:

It is VERY common and normal for MANY games to have a LIMITED amount of runs for the dungeons and having the chance of using items/tickets to reset if you wanted extra runs. This is PERFECTLY FINE.
I was playing a game where we didn't have a daily limit, it was WEEKLY!! Each dungeon could be done only 4 times A WEEK!! And you know what? It was still JUST FINE. Because the tickets to reset (if you wanted to do more) are affordable with the gold you make, and I'm sure it will be the same here. Stop the whining about everything Jesus Christ you always find something new to complain about, you should consider to go play another game then instead of making a fuss out of every freaking thing.

Side note: Sorry about so many caps, I'm really tired and annoyed of seeing this same crap over and over every time I log in the forum.

This is why you do not take the forums seriously if you plan on reading it everyday.

Somehow, someway, people will come out of the woodworks with a new complaint about something. This being content being "p2w" or "paywalls" when it clearly isn't but since if it has anything to do with a dollar sign then it's a automatic "p2w" for them.

So in all, just read posts like the OP with a grain of salt and laugh. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Dungeon been out for years now and no one hasn't had a problem with it, dun think it'll change at all for NA/Eu. No one even likes to spam it at all cuz well.. it's not worth.  (once you get everything from there, that is)

8 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

This is similar to the way other games work. I am surprised the amount of times you can do the dungeons up to this point has been unlimited. A nice incentive would be to give premium members an extra run.

I am not playing other games, I choose to play BnS because they didn't put a paywall on dungeons. Well now that they did, I am very sorry that I bought a year premium membership. NCSoft is all about the $$$ and not about the supporters.

Um you going to ban the hackers so I can go back to farming SSP? Or do you just hate your players?

7 hours ago, xSonatax said:

Actually its not ''normal'' to put dungeons behind a paywall or have players pay real money to ''reset'' them. Just because TERA does that doesn't make it normal nor right. You have just grown to accept getting *cricket*ed over by these decisions, but that does not count for everyone. I can still see very clearly and putting a dungeon behind a paywall as in paying to reset it is a step in the wrong direction. Even when it's just a small step.

Holy hell, you can tell who has never played NCsoft games before.

Lineage 2 has the exact same thing and it's a system that has been in place for god.. almost two years now that I know of.

In Lineage 2 most daily dungeons can only be run once, but you can buy either from a player or for Ncoin a pass which allows you to go in once more time that day. That is EXACTLY what this is looking like. The dungeon itself isn't behind a paywall, if you want to go in a second time you have to. It's actually a great way to keep bots from constantly farming a dungeon like they do in the lower levels. Hell some of the bigger dungeons are locked for days! Even if you fail you come out and you now have to wait 4-5 days to try again.

Seriously people this is NOT a pay to win game.. at all. This event isn't even pay to win.. everything you get you can get in game via farming (except the outfits naturally) You get a free spin a day (so you aren't having to buy keys.. if you buy keys that is all on you and a 'gambling' bug) If there isn't an item you like you don't have to pay for it.. and the items that do show up are easily 3/4 the price you would pay other players in game through the AH.

If there werent any other means to farm stingers then i would agree,but you can easily farm lair 4m which is kind faceroll,u dont rly need great ap and stats.

The problem behind this dungeon is its needed for clan uniforms crafting,now that shoudnt be the case,cosmetics should be more easily accessible like the other person in his post,thats rly bad decision.

PS:Just becouse it was like that in other regions doesnt mean it has to stay the same for na/eu,ppl have every right to have complains if they dont like something,as long as its in a polite manner,its called forum feedback :P

It's not a question of Pay 2 Win, because it's not really P2W (well, it is for the 6v6 unequalized PvP). But it's "Pay to continue playing", and it's not normal or good in a MMO. OK, people used to be scammed by NCSoft are used to it, but it's disgusting for others. I didn't pay a Master Pack to play Candy Crush MMO edition. 

I'm OK with the restriction, but against the possibility to pay to avoid it. This decision is stupid and unfair :

- If the dungeon is useless and gives no XP and no stuff, why would you put the restriction? It's just one more useless dungeon to farm without even paying attention to it. 

- If the dungeon gives a lot of XP, then it is unfair to give so much XP only to people paying for it. The "It would be bad for people to attain HM10 too fast" argument is even worse if you say that only the paying players will be able to do it. 

- If the dungeon gives some clan's outfit mats, then it is unfair to allow only the paying clans to farm it to get their outfit. You pay? OK, you can get your outfit this week. You don't want to pay? See you next year! 

- If the dungeon gives gear like a breakthrough weapon, it is P2W for the 6v6 and unfair anyway. Do you imagine if they put the Corrupted Cave behind a pay wall? Majority of players would have just stop right there, at level 25, and never touch the game again. We're in a boring farming game, where you have to run the same things hundreds of time to get your gear. If you have to pay to do it, that's BS.

The most important thing here is the slippery slop. At launch, it was "only cosmetic stuff on the shop". Then "a bit of random gear" with the first chest event. Then "You get extra rare stuff! And you get extra expensive stuff! And you get both!" with the new chest event. And now, it's even content access on the shop. Soon, we'll get exclusive weapon breakthrough, then stats bonuses, then exclusive skills... Well, you see where this is going.

And all of that, in an already dying game without even a word about the huge issues pushing players to quit. Why would we be glad to have to pay to play if the game's quality is not on par with a real P2P game? And what's the point in paying content in a game which really could be closed in a few months? 

Just give us a real restriction or even put a sub in the game, at least it will help with the game's problems. 

I actually disagree on this post. The dungeon is not a pay2win element. You have many games where certain instances are locked behind a daily lock, hell, some even weekly. This is more like, pay-for-convenience, as the dungeon is rich in exp and if you could run it for a whole day, you could reach HM level 10 in but a week. I don't even need to mention how bots would exploit this and in what ways. They would probably be just lining up around the instance portal the whole day.

Besides, they have said they would offer these in events and Daily Dash so you can always either buy them from players, get them from DD or just buy them for real money. Now, the fact that NCSoft won't think twice about grabbing the money from its players, that's something else.

If you are still worried about this element being pay2win, I suggest wait for a few weeks after the release and see how people would react to this dungeon.

Only reason i would say they should make it at least accessible 2 times per day without an extra item would be to get the mats for upgrading faster (Having legendaries in the eyes in that case). Since we are still way behind East BNS versions.

Other than that its not a *cricket*ing paywall if you can run it freely once per day. Be lucky that there are no cooldown/reset timers for dungeons like there was in Aion, where you could only run certain dungeon once per day as f2p member or twice (hello premium paywall QQ) if you were p2p premium member.

Archived