About Flawless gems

Ambition

1. How come all of a sudden i see 20+ Flawless gems on the market when first there were only like 2/3 and the one from the event are account bound.

2. If you equip both the purple and yellow one, which both have lifedrain, will they still be able to both proc, or does one put the other on Cooldown?

3. Which one is better Yellow or purple one, if you can only have one? yellow gives more AP but less drain...

From what I see, there's two types of gems. There's hongmoon gems which are untradeable and there's just the regular flawless gems. They both seem to drop from the troves but it's extremely rare for the tradeable versions to drop(I've gotten the hongmoon ruby and sapphire out of like 200 boxes)

39 minutes ago, Ambition said:

2. If you equip both the purple and yellow one, which both have lifedrain, will they still be able to both proc, or does one put the other on Cooldown?

3. Which one is better Yellow or purple one, if you can only have one? yellow gives more AP but less drain...

You have got to take into account each different colour gem requires a different pre -requisite to proc, so which is 'better' depends alot on the class and also your own playstyle, like equipping a Gem that procs on block to a range class is pretty useless, unless you only want it for its attack power which is static, while Purple Gems proc from Crits so every class would benefit from it, that is if they have a decent crit rate.

This is why most players always equipe Ruby and Amethyst  as every class will proc them all the other colour Gems are entirelly class and playstyle dependent as to whether they are beneficial or not

3 minutes ago, orianthi said:

You have got to take into account each different colour gem requires a different pre -requisite to proc, so which is 'better' depends alot on the class and also your own playstyle, like equipping a Gem that procs on block to a range class is pretty useless, unless you only want it for its attack power which is static, while Purple Gems proc from Crits so every class would benefit from it, that is if they have a decent crit rate.

This is why most players always equipe Ruby and Amethyst  as every class will proc them all the other colour Gems are entirelly class and playstyle dependent as to whether they are beneficial or not

Maybe true, but when you have 6 gem slots i dont mind adding gems that are not that beneficial to me, but i mean the purple AND yellow one both have lifedrain they dont share the same CD?

8 minutes ago, Ambition said:

Maybe true, but when you have 6 gem slots i dont mind adding gems that are not that beneficial to me, but i mean the purple AND yellow one both have lifedrain they dont share the same CD?

Pls read..... 

Each color has an other Requirement...  Amethyst for example lifedrain on EACH CRIT. There is no CD on this....

Not sure if it is same here, as any info at all on just about every part of the EU/NA versions is very very limited, some times I think NC themselves dont know how some things work, but on CN servers the quality of the Gem makes a difference too in their chance to Proc, I cant remember 100% but green gems were something like 40% chance to Proc and blues were 60%, Epics were 80% or something like that,  so taking that into account could also make a big difference too.

Archived