Silverfrost Transformation Stone vs Moonwater Transformation stone= profit?

sasukekun21

Hello.Since the last patch has been released Silverfrost region is by far my most favourite place.

Now to the main point of creating  this thread is to discuss which stone Silverfrost or Moonwater has best profit.

When the patch first released Merry Potter Scroll had price which exceed 1k gold and that was because people didnt have went dungeons and the recipe was rare.

Now recipe has a price of 55+ gold and Silverfrost Transformation had 80+ gold but has been DRAMATICALLY reduced to 12.5 gold.

I compared the materials from Silverfrost stones and Moonwater stones and the result was that Moonwater has more value than Silverfrost and that is because

Silverfrost has more materials than Moonwater.

People atm prefering to buy Silverfrost Stones from Auction House and crafting them is totally useless since it has high number of materials.

What is your opinion about all this?Are you all agree to this?

Personally i don't agree and i think i expect in later patches NcSoft to reduce the materials requirement from Silverfrost.

If i have make any mistake feel free to correct me.Have a nice game :)

5 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Well silverfrost trans go for 12g a pop compared to moonwater trans that goes for half that in na. So idk. I think silverfrost is more lucrative.

It takes 2.5 times more materials to make Silverfrost stones though. At the moment I believe crafting silverfrost stones is actually losing money, since a great lot of people crafted them during the early stages, and now, as people realized frozen venom darts are a tall wall, the stone supply is overwhelming the demand. I believe crafting Moonwater ones is more profitable at the moment.

Obviously STS give more profit, even tho MTS give more profit per gold spent (so more efficient to do MTS on two chars per day than STS on one, while costs are comparable).

That said: i dont really understand the reason for this thread. You can always just make yourself a list of all the materials and then go to the marked place and see what they are worth and add them up and then compare the craft-cost/sell-value of the both and you'll see which one is worth more. 

You can even do this digitally with, for example, google tables (which is like excel). That way you'd only have to insert the current marked value of all the items needed / gained and everything else would be calculated automatically.

I did it this way and actually included fees and stuff. I did not insert todays marked values, but yesterday it was ~8g profit for MTS and ~12g profit for STS.

Note: I play on EU. 

Note2: Server maintenance on wednesdays is in the middle of peak time for EU, which *cricket*s over all of our prices (people selling all crafted items, and buy all craft materials after maintenance, which basically means crafted items are worth less while simultaneously increasing the cost.). They are then going higher and lower basically randomly for the next few hours / days. Thus the prices might not have stabilized yet (yesterday), generally tho STS are about 10 profit while MTS are about 6. Oh and thanks ncsoft, this causes absolutely no problems to our economy :)

29 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

I did it this way and actually included fees and stuff. I did not insert todays marked values, but yesterday it was ~8g profit for MTS and ~12g profit for STS.

I guess I checked marketplace at the wrong time, when I did this I got ~10g profit on MTS craft and -3g or so on STS.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

It takes 2.5 times more materials to make Silverfrost stones though. At the moment I believe crafting silverfrost stones is actually losing money, since a great lot of people crafted them during the early stages, and now, as people realized frozen venom darts are a tall wall, the stone supply is overwhelming the demand. I believe crafting Moonwater ones is more profitable at the moment.

Darts wont be an issue in the next half of Silverfrost.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

But as of right now they are, which is why STS are at an all-time low I:

They are only an issue for people who can't wait.

By the time the next half is released, the market will be so inundated with not only STS but also the materials for making them, they will barely go up as it requires 6 - 7 times the amount of darts per upgrade then it does STS.

People on Poharan are struggling to sell Soulstones, I have seen them being advertised in faction chat for 20 silver each for stacks of 500, so yes, prices are going to crash because people are hoarding more resources then they can use.

The current price for STS is here to stay.

4 minutes ago, Taemek said:

They are only an issue for people who can't wait.

By the time the next half is released, the market will be so inundated with not only STS but also the materials for making them, they will barely go up as it requires 6 - 7 times the amount of darts per upgrade then it does STS.

People on Poharan are struggling to sell Soulstones, I have seen them being advertised in faction chat for 20 silver each for stacks of 500, so yes, prices are going to crash because people are hoarding more resources then they can use.

The current price for STS is here to stay.

Weren't we arguing about current profitability of crafting STS though? As of right now, I found it not worthwhile from the price of mats last time I checked. As for later - eh, who knows. But right now the market seems oversaturated with STS. (EU)

Right now the profit in STS is very low to none , not only that you take 2 days+  to craft them, it's easier to sell most materials separated , because they have multiple uses so the demand for them will be higher

The question is. Will everyone out there need STS as much as they need MTS? I already gave up playing this game because I was overwhelmed by the weapon progression shenanigans... and I didn't even get siren(shows I'm also not as interested in this game as I thought. Stopped playing at level 48 <.<). While I know every hardcore end gamer out there will go the lengths to max their gear, how many people will progress their weapon, or more, their accessories, to the level of needing STS? What I'm trying to say is. What would be the long term profit of the STS, knowing more people will most likely buy your MTS because it's an easier progression step to take.

7 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

The question is. Will everyone out there need STS as much as they need MTS? I already gave up playing this game because I was overwhelmed by the weapon progression shenanigans... and I didn't even get siren(shows I'm also not as interested in this game as I thought. Stopped playing at level 48 <.<). While I know every hardcore end gamer out there will go the lengths to max their gear, how many people will progress their weapon, or more, their accessories, to the level of needing STS? What I'm trying to say is. What would be the long term profit of the STS, knowing more people will most likely buy your MTS because it's an easier progression step to take.

You will need STS for higher upgrades even if you follow pirate path,  true pirate ---> True Breeze you will need 10 STS, and oathbreaker accessories require STS , so MTS demand will start to fall  with people moving on their upgrade path

1 minute ago, okitaluc said:

You will need STS for higher upgrades even if you follow pirate path,  true pirate ---> True Breeze you will need 10 STS, and oathbreaker accessories require STS , so MTS demand will start to fall  with people moving on their upgrade path

Yeah. That's why I was asking. Are there really enough people actively working to get Breeze+ gear, considering all the mats needed? Or will most casuals just get bored and leave the game to the hardcores only? I'm only one case and one experience. But I got easily overwhelmed by all the requirements to level up my weapon. On the other side, at least up till level 48, story mode doesn't need anything stronger than infernal to complete. My main did all up to the temple area on Profane. So unless the story (yellow quest) stuff gets such a spike for level 49-50 content, any casual can just complete the story with what they have and move on. Sure that means never touching a dungeon ever again, but at least my own interest is the story, as bad and dishearting as it has been so far. :P

9 minutes ago, Fatalito said:

Yeah. That's why I was asking. Are there really enough people actively working to get Breeze+ gear, considering all the mats needed? Or will most casuals just get bored and leave the game to the hardcores only? I'm only one case and one experience. But I got easily overwhelmed by all the requirements to level up my weapon. On the other side, at least up till level 48, story mode doesn't need anything stronger than infernal to complete. My main did all up to the temple area on Profane. So unless the story (yellow quest) stuff gets such a spike for level 49-50 content, any casual can just complete the story with what they have and move on. Sure that means never touching a dungeon ever again, but at least my own interest is the story, as bad and dishearting as it has been so far. :P

I don't consider myself hardcore , i like to gather the mats on my own and i avoid to play the market , if people want instant gratification they will get burned very easily , if you have patience you will overcome the grind with time no need to rush, but people are already leaving , all my friends left the game don't see many people that i played with in moonwater zone

10 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

I don't consider myself hardcore , i like to gather the mats on my own and i avoid to play the market , if people want instant gratification they will get burned very easily , if you have patience you will overcome the grind with time no need to rush, but people are already leaving , all my friends left the game don't see many people that i played with in moonwater zone

Yeah. It's sad because this is a cool game, but people are leaving, and fewer are coming in. Now I won't add myself to the negative people and say this game will die or any of that nonsense. But I do say that something could be done to attract and help potential customers to catch up. Now I don't mean to give everything for no work. That's what Tera is doing at the moment and that made 90% of their game boring. But at least give us a less overwhelming way to upgrade gear. I know the problem with this be that those who are already profiting and like how it is now, will have an issue if their income source gets threatened. But you can't make everyone happy, and a business should know that the road to success is to make the majority happy.

Anyway. I'm derailing the subject here.

Archived