came to check out the patch then uninstaled again...

this game has got so much things wrong it is hard to decide where to start. the only reason why i bother to write something on the forum is because i kinda liked the game and because it has got a lot of good things going for it. but the deal breakers man, there are so many of them. i will not comment on the balance, everyone knows its crap, so lets move on.

1. forcing pvp players to pve - why do you force me to kill stupid boring mobs that can be killed by using your auto attack only. i find the mobs boring, i find the quests boring, i find pve boring in every mmorpg and i have played a bunch of them. if you can kill mobs with auto attacks only, your game is boring (at least from my point of view). i want to pvp, dont force me to pve. and dont force pve players to pvp for the stupid zen beans. and in case you want to play another class in pvp, go do the stupid boring shit you have already done all over again.

2. multiple spells on a single key - this is pc, this is not a console. we have plenty of keys to go around, my mouse alone can bind 25 keys. i could list 100 situations where this has been an EXTREMELY frustrating problem, but i am going to mention only 2 of those situations: i am a sin, i got my enemy stunned while and am in decoy stance, i cannot use my tab to enter stealth, because my other tab is not on cd and the game says that i must use my hook kick before i can use shadow kick (or whatever it is called). 2nd situation: i am a sin, i got my enemy stunned, i want to use my tab to make him airborne, so i spam tab. since people continue to move a little after being stunned (another deal breaker) and you have to move after him and spam tab and hope that your tab goes off before he can break out of stun. so than he breaks out of stun, than he stuns you, than you waste your tab escape because you wore spamming tab for the hook kick. the game decides for me when i am going to use which skill, that is shitty and there is no excuse for it.

3. moving while cced - this has been mentioned in 2nd point but this is so frustrating it deserves its own point. so i use my sneak attack to port behind my target and daze him. after that i spam my tab to knock him up, but it does not work since he "floated" to the side (or sometimes behind me) and i have to frantically move around and turn around trying to figure out where i have to aim in order to get my hook kick to work. usually that ends up with him breaking out of daze, than dazing me, than me wasting my tab escape (because i was spamming tab for the hook kick) on a daze which can be broken with my f escape that has a considerably lower cooldown. soooooooo frustrating.

4. invisible cooldowns - i dont think i have ever seen this in any game. the game hides certain cooldowns. i cant see my turning leaf cd, i cant see my spinal tap cd, cant see my hook kick cd etc. completely unacceptable. and there is no reason for such stupidity.

5. adjusting your pvp build in pvp lobby - not possible. seriously? so you want to force my opponent to wait while i fiddle around with my build? or force me to leave the arena to adjust my build or check out skill descriptions? how much time would it take to fix this issue? 2 minutes?

these things are game breakers for me, there are plenty more of annoying issues with this game but these are some of the most important ones from my perspective (not counting balance issues). a real shame, i find the combat very engaging and intense. i would be prepared to tolerate some of the stupid stuff, but when i stun someone and he moves away from me while being stunned and the annoying lady keeps telling me "YOU CANNOT DO THAT RIGHT NOW" when i spam my tab, i get pissed off.

1. I agree about the forcing to pvp or pvp when you only like the other but no the mobs are definitely NOT 1 hit kills. Did you actually level up above 15 at all? I would like to see you 1 hit Devourer in Blackram Narrows at level 20.

2. This is so called tactical play. It makes you learn combos and learn about the character what it can do and what it cannot and when. If the keys were to be bind on multiple keys instead of same key you need to have pretty fast fingers to reach each one of them while pretty much using whole keyboard. For me this system is way easier than in systems where for example you change skill pages by PGDN and PGUP buttons to find the correct skill for each moment as I play on laptop.

3. Caused by lag of the other player in most scenarios. This happens with other MMOs so BnS definitely is not the first nor the last one having this issue.

4. Learn to calculate in your head? This is what I do when I fight on my character. I don't see the cooldowns but I have pretty good understanding when each skill should be available.

5. Deal with it? It should not take that long to adjust your skills unless each time you have to specifically check what each skill does. Make list of what should be changed on which class and then do it just before the match starts. People do make you wait in the Arena and it's not even that long wait.

In my opinion these are pretty minor issues in the game while there are way worse issues (lag spikes, low FPS in crowded areas, freezes, random crashes etc). But hey this is just my opinion.

I 100% agree with all your points, especially the first one. This game forces you to PVE for every PVP you do. You're never allowed to play this game only for the pvp, and that's wrong for an "esport" game.

I made a reddit post about it today (link), but it didn't get popular. It seems that the community is totally fine playing this as a pure PVE game with a bit of PVP.

18 hours ago, Yoma said:

I 100% agree with all your points, especially the first one. This game forces you to PVE for every PVP you do. You're never allowed to play this game only for the pvp, and that's wrong for an "esport" game.

I made a reddit post about it today (link), but it didn't get popular. It seems that the community is totally fine playing this as a pure PVE game with a bit of PVP.

All i see is pvp players complaining they have to do bits of PVE...well newsflash, PVE players are forced to do PVP....but i dont see them complain too much.

Deal with it and move on.

19 hours ago, Yoma said:

If the only thing you do is arena pvp, you can just sell the SS, save up for the hongmoon skills and buy them, you will have a much easier time to just neglect pve altogether as you wont need to collect ant pve gear, allowing you to get more beans, sell the SS, buy the hongmoon skills, done.

as opposed to people who pve and pvp, i try to keep my gear updated but for that i need todo loads of pve, not allowing me todo much pure arena pvp, we need a thousands of gold, you need a few hundred to keep up.

Archived