Why they should make dungeon dropped outfits stampable

Lunakitty

I assume there has not yet been thoughts of making outside the Hongmoon Store gotten outfits stampable but I think they should. Why? That will cause no loss in anyway to NCSoft. On the contrary it would make people (included me) get those stamps to mail dungeon dropped outfits that dropped on one character but on the other it's close to impossible to get it to drop. There are outfits that are only for males and yet female characters do drop them. There are outfits that only are for one race or just one gender of that specific race. It is completely useless on other characters since they cannot be salvaged nor equipped. If not all outfits at least could you take it into consideration to make Mushin Tower outfits stampable as clearing all floors take very long time to clear.

Ever since Outfit stamps became a thing I can think of two instances where I wish this were a thing.

1. When I got sick of wearing Pohs wig on one character but thought it'd suit another.

2. When Wind God FINALLY dropped in Naryu but I was on the wrong character.

I think it'd be a reasonable suggestion, especially for heroic purple dungeons, considering the amount of gold you can waste if you wear it for a short time and it's limited to 1 character.

I fully disagree.

Dropped outfits should not be stampable. There is a reason they are rare, and if they drop on the wrong character...well tough luck.

Those are rare special rewards and should not be obtainable in such an easy way. If you got it on one character, rung dungeons on the other and get it again.

7 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

@SosukeRyugamine Wait. Does other versions allow outfits to be traded or sold in market? O_o

I'm saying that one outfit is able to be traded in the market but others can't, which doesn't really make sense on why other outfits can't be traded.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I fully disagree.

Dropped outfits should not be stampable. There is a reason they are rare, and if they drop on the wrong character...well tough luck.

Those are rare special rewards and should not be obtainable in such an easy way. If you got it on one character, rung dungeons on the other and get it again.

Your logic would work if the game supported that but it doesn't. Achievement Shop breaks that and later on another dungeon outfit shop will be available. So prepare to be even more salty in the future. Clearly NCSoft doesn't really feel they need to be that rare and others would also agree.  Almost all MMO's have this effect. Nothing remains rare forever in an MMO.  However, if something better comes out and people want to wear that instead then the thing you're trying to protect and keep  "rare and precious" will return to being rare because you'll still be wearing it as it gets lost in outfit Fashionista time.  It's an MMO if you want something to be exclusively yours, you're better off just playing a single player game and modding it to make your own rare items. 

I contacted support and it seems that here is slight chance to get them stampable according to the reply I got. They do not know when so it might take even years before it happens. At least they did note some of our wishes so I'm happy for now

On 4/4/2016 at 7:13 PM, Grimoir said:

I fully disagree.

Yeah. The wig was rare and special when I got it but it now comes with a price tag at a merchant which makes your argument against it invalid. And I'm sure eventually it will be invalid for Wind God when there's a price tag on that also.

I agree with being able to use the stamps on almost all costumes, but agree with Grimoir when it comes to dungeon costumes. When it comes to costumes that aren't obtainable by dungeons or cash shop, like Regium Corvus, Night Luna, and Temptation, it really is unfair we can't move them. It makes it intimidating to unwrap and receive an event costume, when I know it will forever stay on that character. 

Dungeon costumes on the other hand, are items that is proof that you've actually gone and done the work on that character to get that specific item that needs intense grinding. Making them tradeable completely nullifies the needs for proper preparation and discourages using multiple characters. Why ever use a KFM or Destroyer when you can just farm everything with a Warlock, SM, or FM and just gift your melee characters everything? It hinders the diversity we're given by having multiple classes. 

I'm 50/50 on this. That's how I view this situation. Feel free to disagree.

On a side note since the Achievement merchant was brought up, I am absolutely mad about Fragrance of life being available on that merchant. Ever since I discovered it in the Wardrobe I've been working hard, getting every single piece of gold I could when I had the time to farm just to get enough fabrics to transmute a high quality outfit pouch. I've wasted tons of gold, only to get crap back. I only got Dark Scholar from it. Twice. I am very very salty that not only did I not get anything decent, but now what I wanted is so easily obtainable

On 6/4/2016 at 4:50 AM, Inazume said:

simple way to fix it make wardrobe account share! 

I support this!

My problem is with the pirate queen outfit, I have it on my lyn ... But I don't want to use it with her, so please add more outfits to the stamps or make us use premium account

Archived