is GameGuard working?

AlexOliki

ppl say they get errors and stuff, cuz of  GameGuard

but i was kinda wondering did they turn it off? cuz i don't see gameguard running when i start the game for weeks now, did they disable it with the last update  or something?

cuz i used to see it running before BnS emblem fires up and run the game

i understand that its buggy, but what i mean i don't see it anymore, when i run the game, it used to be visible when gameguard starts but i don't see it anywhere now,

not on my bottom right side of my windows icons or the way it starts by updating first b4  the launcher run the game, i don't see any sign of gameguard

It works just fine! Don't you see how 1 out of 10 apps (other than your default windows apps) randomly crash from time to time? It's GameGuard - protecting the game.... from a random toolbar you didn't know you installed and that other game running in the background.

2 hours ago, Zero said:

It works just fine! Don't you see how 1 out of 10 apps (other than your default windows apps) randomly crash from time to time? It's GameGuard - protecting the game.... from a random toolbar you didn't know you installed and that other game running in the background.

thats the thing i used to see gameguard running and i used to crash all the time but now i don't see gameguard at all i did update my windows7 to windows 10 its a fresh copy i have nothing installed yet, is it maybe cuz i'm now on windows 10 gameguard don't work?

if it suppose to be running i want it to be running, even if that will make me crash, now i'm worried i'm not doing anything to gameguard i just did reinstall the game and i still don't see gameguard, can anyone help me figure this out i want it to be fixed

Just now, sumad said:

Just delete gameguard folder form bns, game still work.

ya i know game works fine, i don't dc at all since gameguard is broken, i thought they are working on it to fix it, but i just came across that thread that i posted in my first post and i realized that GG is not working, if is suppose to be working i need it to be fixed, i don't want to be flagged as a bot or something i just got worried,

my new windows10 copy is running so smooth and the game is running better, but GG is missing

3 minutes ago, Fiberstaden said:

Gameguard has been disabled for a week or two server side but seams to be running at random instead witch i find good since my fps lagg is magicaly gone since gg was disabled.

good to know that its disabled i worried myself for nothing lol

2 minutes ago, Lenia said:

Gameguard is like a condom...when you cut a hole into it. It causes more damage than it prevents.

funny analogy lol 

7 hours ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

It has been disabled for the past week but the lag has actually been worse so w/e to people who blamed Gameguard for all their problems.

i used to dc a lot like once every hour for using my on screen keybord while playing but since its off i had zero dc's for weeks now

It's been disabled for the past week and life has never been better. Excellent framerates, system resource usage is WAY down, it's not trying to shut off my fan controller nor am I getting constant warning about it poking about where it has no business from my AV...

Every second without this crapware is a blessing.

9 hours ago, Lurkios said:

It's been disabled for the past week and life has never been better. Excellent framerates, system resource usage is WAY down, it's not trying to shut off my fan controller nor am I getting constant warning about it poking about where it has no business from my AV...

Every second without this crapware is a blessing.

Sounds like you pulled a couple of those out of thin air. System resource usage of GG while playing was less than that of Skype.

13 hours ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

Sounds like you pulled a couple of those out of thin air. System resource usage of GG while playing was less than that of Skype.

GG hides itself behind system processes in a (futile) attempt to avoid detection. Its resource usage shows under that of the system processes, not its own.

Spend a few seconds getting to know the search function before you go spouting off next time.

10 hours ago, Lurkios said:

GG hides itself behind system processes in a (futile) attempt to avoid detection. Its resource usage shows under that of the system processes, not its own.

Spend a few seconds getting to know the search function before you go spouting off next time.

Actually on Win 8.1 you can find the Gameguard process using the full version of the built in resource monitor. Even if it is boosting the cpu usage of system processes or the game itself it is not enough to cause problems on any i5 or faster cpu.

Archived