Blade Dancer - Phantom Grip

Jaffar

I am currently at 1780 rating. Do others Blade Dancers find it odd that people escape from ur PHANTOM GRIP every single time perfectly by just using 2? (not tab)

Like I grip them I try to use soulburn at other times, I rotate camera super fast and walk so it be harder to spot when I use soulburn, but no some people escape my phantom grip perfectly every single time in all 3 duels.

Are those bots? Exploits? I rly think it is impossible to get the timing right  every single time(I tried it myself and it's simply way too hard time to get it right even 1 of 3).

Anyone confirm/deny/give more details?

thats the thing. Most folks watch videos or fought so many blade dancers now they know that most folks are gonna use it right after you grip. I try to change it up a bit eitehr with flock or with 4 then move into main bleed combo but thats just me

Bots can perfect counter 2 yes. But honestly it's not hard to do for a player anyways (In fact once you get higher you honestly should just stop using it, it's a liability unless you iFrame the counter), the animation for it is a thousand years long so just 2 -> SS and keep going.

1 hour ago, Zel said:

Bots can perfect counter 2 yes. But honestly it's not hard to do for a player anyways (In fact once you get higher you honestly should just stop using it, it's a liability unless you iFrame the counter), the animation for it is a thousand years long so just 2 -> SS and keep going.

I never saw a bot countering this (1800 on eu with a lvl 43 bd). And most people do not counter grab with the 2 skill, they either use tab or class specific skills to get out (like bd/bm flock of blades), at least at this rating.

Soul Stab is basically a noob/bot busting skill. Insanely powerful against bad people but a free knockdown for the enemy if they know the animation.

1 hour ago, skelettbus said:

Soul Stab is basically a noob/bot busting skill. Insanely powerful against bad people but a free knockdown for the enemy if they know the animation.

Hey, Me not bad player me is plate ;=;

It just i have lag and I can't time it out right to counter or else sometime it bugged lol

4 hours ago, Jaffar said:

I am currently at 1780 rating. Do others Blade Dancers find it odd that people escape from ur PHANTOM GRIP every single time perfectly by just using 2? (not tab)

Like I grip them I try to use soulburn at other times, I rotate camera super fast and walk so it be harder to spot when I use soulburn, but no some people escape my phantom grip perfectly every single time in all 3 duels.

Are those bots? Exploits? I rly think it is impossible to get the timing right  every single time(I tried it myself and it's simply way too hard time to get it right even 1 of 3).

Anyone confirm/deny/give more details?

Soul Stab is really easy to counter. It has a distinctive sound effect, so you don't even need to see it to counter it. I still miss one now and then, but it's pretty rare. Here are a few things you might consider.

1. SS and Soul Stab together. People are pretty used to this by now, so it'll probably be countered, but the counter hits your own iframes and you can then combo them out of their escape animation.
  2. In a pinch, SS and hit absorb instead of Soul Stab to see if you can't get them to bite and waste their 2 -- then you can really hit 4 and let 'em have it. Really not something to risk too often.
  3. Don't use it at all. People still have to wait on it, since it does such a huge amount of damage if they don't counter. Just drain and aerial spam. Not quite as much damage, but rolls you quickly back to your immunity rotation and doesn't cost you SS.

Well, Soul Stab is really easy to counter, that's why most LBDs doesn't use it. If you want to use it you have some options:

1- Backstep(SS) into Soul Stab(2):

Even if they counter Soul Stab, they will be animation locked so you can just combo them with your other skills

2-Backstep(SS) wait a moment or use Absorb Chi(4)/Flock of Blades(Z) into Soul Stab(2)

Backstep can bait players to press their counter button, so it will be a mind game, but don't use it too many times during the match for obvious reasons. Btw, don't use Flock of Blades against any grabber classes, or else you're just burning an escape tool.

3-Soul Stab(2) right after Phantom Grip

This works better if you're in max range pull (which is 8m), because during the pull animation there is a small time frame that your opponent cannot react.

4-Look for their attack animation to use Soul Stab

Most classes have a way to attack you during Phantom Grip if you see they attack you, just use it, it's an animation lock.

There are so many blade dancers out there that we get to 'practice' more. Unless I'm lagging or the input is not taken (skill does not light up for some reasons). It's very easy to counter soul stab. You can try to Soul Stab ASAP, to see if your opponent is quick to react, if you wait more, people will get ready to press 2.
(I'm 1700~1760 Gold Rating on EU).

Archived