Quest reward update

Aion2BnS

I started a couple of characters on a NA and EU server before the Warlock patch. I found the monetary rewards very low and barley had 1 silver by level 20.

Since the Warlock patch, I thought I'd give that class a go and found I had (can't remember exactly but) over 10 silver by the time I hit the mid teens.

So are the quest rewards only increased for the Warlock class or should all the classes have had a reward adjustment to their quests? I'm finding the chars I created before the Warlock patch are still only getting a very few coppers as rewards even though they're in the mid 20s. I'm currently having to repeatedly run Blackram Narrows to make money.

2 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

You earn little money, but even then i'd say 1 silver at 20 it low^^

I was hoarding everything. Not sure what to sell and what I needed. It's not like there's an abundance of drops either. I didn't really make any money until I ran Blackram Narrows and had things to sell in the Marketplace.

2 hours ago, Aion2BnS said:

I was hoarding everything. Not sure what to sell and what I needed. It's not like there's an abundance of drops either. I didn't really make any money until I ran Blackram Narrows and had things to sell in the Marketplace.

I dont really know what you should have at 20. It's true that you dont earn a whole lot until about ~35 or so - but you also dont need any more until 45 pretty much.

The only thing i know is that my characters do have about 1 silver 30 copper when i'm at the point where i upgrade with the stalker weapon at around level 9 (yes you arrive with ~6 at the hub, i know). I'm premium, but i honestly dont think that this has any weight. I mean, premium gets bonus "gold" from killing monsters, but a bonus on top of nothing stays pretty much nothing and you killed like 50 mobs or so to that point^^

But as i said, other than the ~1.3s at level ~8-9 i dont really look at the money of my twinks, since you dont really need any. 

In lower levels premium have much more silver than others. It's actually 1-3c every 3-5 mobs at the start while non-premium gets no copper from drops at all.

If you did your quest up to the point you get to the stalker a non premium has about 10-20c from quests (most quests don't give any copper at that point).

Your 1.3s were almost all from that bonus you call "nothing".

Regarding the quest rewards for warlock:

In Korea the quest rewards are much higher (about 10 times as much coin) and it was lowered for F2P regions to fight bots and promote premium accounts. For some reason when warlock is added to one of these regions the purple class quests rewards are not reduced - maybe they just forgot, mabe it's intentional.

Here's an example of a quest at 22. You get it after saving Bamboo Village from the fire.

Screenshot_160315_002.jpg

Being a completionist I like to try every quest. At first I thought it was just a 3 part quest but it went on and on so that you end up having to complete 10 dailies that you'd already done. The reward just doesn't match the effort. There's not even a follow on quest afterwards.

I hope this helps somebody else avoid this one. If any Warlocks have (or thinking of doing this quest) it'd be interesting to see how much money this quest provides.

Archived