Whats with with forced real time priority

Ganymeda

Can you let us choose the priority of client.exe?

I am not sure if its gameguard or the client itself forcing  real time priority but it's the main reason ppl get fps shutters

if i set on normal priority i can play fine for about a min(?) or so till it goes back to real time priority

Hell i  had to set the affinity to 1 core so it doesn't hang my system and can supposedly play at 15 fps

This of course happened after the last patch and i dont get the reason behind it

Tried to get an application to force it back to normal but nooooooo gameguard shut down the game cause i try to "hack" game? lol :)

Plz for the love of god can you let us decide the priority of the game on next patch?

@Rukkirii

@Hime

Yea, normally I don't have issues to much with fps and such, but recently I have been having major issues with stuttering, and dropped fps rates.  I am near their texas server too.  I know that they probably re-implemented the Gameguard in an effort to control bots until they can come up with something better, but I think it is seriously affecting gameplay.

Same experience here.

Also, I was disconnected twice earlier and when the game crashed, from Task manager > Performance > CPU I saw that my processor operating frequency was stuck at max (3.5GHz for my case). But when I inspect the Details tab and sort all processes by CPU usage, System Idle Process is at 99% @_@

Fixed this by editing a power plan (Processor Power Management > Minimum processor state > Setting: 5%). Decreased this to 4% > press Apply > revert back to 5% > Press OK.

Or just reboot, if it sounds complicated. I think it'll work the same.

5 minutes ago, kewtpotato said:

I did a few things to remove GameGuard and then it worked fine, but it came back today. This is really annoying, GameGuard sets the priority to realtime on its own and makes everything else on my computer lag....

Weird, it's normal for me.

XevZvdR.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived