General Consensus On The Class?

RealHeadMaster

Hi all! So, as the title suggests, I was looking for some players to give me a general consensus on the class. I have an extra character slot, and I'm considering making a Warlock. I main an Assassin, but am spending a bunch of time on leveling my Force Master. I want to make another class, but I keep seeing conflicting opinions on the class. Some say they love it, some hate it. Some say it's broken, some say it's not powerful enough. What do you say?

Warlock isnt a class for the lazy. A lot of CD managment and situational awareness. I found FM boring compared to ASN as they didnt feel combo enough. WL has a few but to be good you need skill as they do feel a little underpowered. Personally, I gave up ASN for them because they feel less squishy and have more of a bazooka feel doing neurosurgery.

If you can get past the learn curve which i found around Lv30, class is amazing and feels great with the numbers. 

well my experience has been a positive one thus far. I'm level 38 on my warlock. i've had a lot of fun learning the class. one of my favorite things about the wl are the character animations the wl does when casting spells. the animations look really cool, and so do the flashy moves. damage-wise i think wl is fine. survival is a challenge because some of your spells need you to stay put to use them but plan right and you'll be fine. i won't be able to give you my full opinion till i hit 45 but so far i'm having a lot of fun playing the wl and i think you will too. many people love the class and are going to make it their main. 

2 minutes ago, rocdog said:

There is no general consensus on warlocks.  They're fun to play though!

Honestly, if you go by the forums, general consensus would be "QQ Warlocks are too hard to play, Force Masters better QQ"

I am level 45 Warlock and here are my general thoughts on the class.

Solo PVE: definitely harder than most of the other classes, WL is extremely thin and to beat Junghado and Mushin, for example, you will need an excellent knowledge of their patterns in combination with good reflexes/ping.

Group PVE: extremely viable and fun, if you're playing with friends/guildmates and do high level content with them - this class will bring a lot to your party.  

Arena PVP: currently underpowered and requires a lot of skill to master; it's extremely hard to beat players that know WL's move set + not exactly great in tag match, because the combo needs a lot of time to set up (still, Time Warp could be useful).

Archived