Town PvP

Paetro

So I just started the game and one of the first things that pops up is a quest to join a faction. Which is cool PvP is fun sometimes and I like open world PvP it definitely adds an element to the game, but the fact that this extends into towns should be changed so that there are some sort of protections so that people can at least talk to NPC's without getting ganked. Mind you that it's possible to camp spawns as well which allows players to kill you while loading in just makes the system unappealing to me. I'm all for open world PvP, but town pk's should just not be a thing unless you are "raiding" the opposing factions town like in various past MMO's with killable faction NPC's. Also, yes you can take off the outfit but whats the point if you're just going to put it back on again it will just save time overall for newer players(or any players for that matter) and stop a lot of tedium while grabbing quests. They also already have an easy way to implement it all they have to do is make the Windstriding locations generate PvP neutrality for the town/city or for larger cities define a border(a bit more difficult but still possible). Has to be the only thing that I actually can't see why its justified in existing in its current state, but hell if they do want it to remain have it so that only a few characters "dedicated" enough to earn a specific item that allows for town pk's for the select few who want to abuse that power. I think I've heard about a mask that you get after a certain amount of pk's why not add that to its functionality (if they would make changes like the ones suggested) it would make sense thematically and diversify the player archetypes of the game.

Or DONT wear the PvP doboks in town, and you wont get PK'd.

If dead, press 3 to remove your pvp outfit thus unflagging yourself from pvp. 

The towns and maps are "neutral" in the sense that any of the factions can pvp in them. 

The "safe" spawns for those wearing the faction outfits come more around Beach/Razorwing/Scorching sands/Mistywoods.) however those can be made unsafe as well, which is fine. 

The only current fix they need is if wearing the mask which hides your identity it makes it so you can not "surrender" while dead and rezz without the pvp outfit on. That's really the only thing that needs fixed. 

14 hours ago, Hollow3D said:

No rules in war 

you say this on almost every post that brings up this topic. Actually provide feedback on why you say this otherwise its a very tired boring statement that doesn't offer any perspective for what is being talked about besides that you think this is "war".

2 hours ago, Mishi said:

Or DONT wear the PvP doboks in town, and you wont get PK'd.

If dead, press 3 to remove your pvp outfit thus unflagging yourself from pvp. 

The towns and maps are "neutral" in the sense that any of the factions can pvp in them. 

The "safe" spawns for those wearing the faction outfits come more around Beach/Razorwing/Scorching sands/Mistywoods.) however those can be made unsafe as well, which is fine.  

This is the same canned response I see everywhere, and I agree just don't wear them if you don't want to be pk'ed. But you shouldn't have to do that in a town just for while you're in town it's superfluous and especially tilting when you just started playing and don't know that town protections don't exist in this game. Especially when they exist in almost every other MMO I have observed or played. Hell even ultima had town protections.

It just comes down to poor design at this point and people that defend it have valid points but overall they are defending a trashy system riddled with grief and disappointment that should be changed to allow new players to still access the content without immediately regretting even trying the content.

Also to clarify I really like open world pvp it definitely adds an element to pvp focused games I'm not saying they should get rid of it, it just shouldn't be in towns unless they designed content around it.

For example WoW and Archeage guilds and large groups of people were able to raid towns to have people that dealt with the protections and others that attacked people and NPC's protected by said protections in order to really play off of faction animosity which is cool I like that it requires some sort of organization to be able to attack towns and prompt responses. Or you can go the route of TERRA where you can just go pvp enabled and fight wherever but the towns and camps that you needed to use had a system to stop people from killing you in that town/camp as long as you were near the towns bonfire(except for the larger towns where the protections did reach far enough to protect everything in the town limits) which are very similar in functionality to the windstride locations except the also regened stamina.

2 hours ago, Mishi said:

The only current fix they need is if wearing the mask which hides your identity it makes it so you can not "surrender" while dead and rezz without the pvp outfit on. That's really the only thing that needs fixed. 

I agree that that should be fixed unless it was intended for that to be the tradeoff for being anonymous, but I wasn't referring to fixing it I was saying that they could add thematic functionality to it to allow for the "murderer" player archetype if they want to support that as a thing. cause if they add in protections it wont be mayhem in towns anymore and there will still be a specific few that will want to go out of their way to work around the system but that ends up with having players self govern the situation much like how Archeage handled murderers and thieves that are caught with a bounty on them.

Not all games have safe zone towns, many older games did not have any safe zones, some did. 

Each game is different in their own way, however I do not think there needs to be a safe zone in a town of any kind, as then it would prevent part of the risk to wearing a PvP outfit, and also allow those to grief, then hit escape while in combat to afk and trash talk with no repercussions while doing it from a towns safe zone. 

(Not to mention those who would go to town just to afk in their faction doboks, those who would grief players entering/leaving towns, and run to safety if out numbered, ect...)

6 minutes ago, Mishi said:

Each game is different in their own way, however I do not think there needs to be a safe zone in a town of any kind, as then it would prevent part of the risk to wearing a PvP outfit, and also allow those to grief, then hit escape while in combat to afk and trash talk with no repercussions while doing it from a towns safe zone. 

I could care less about how people socially went about this I only care about the gameplay that this entails. Socially ya it's annoying but that's what the block button is for in chat. As for preventing part of the risk ya it would but it's getting rid of tedious/annoying risk rather than actual stressing risk of doing quests while flagged.

22 minutes ago, Mishi said:

(Not to mention those who would go to town just to afk in their faction doboks, those who would grief players entering/leaving towns, and run to safety if out numbered, ect...)

People should still have the option of this innate protection especially in a circumstance that they are being barred due to numbers but that goes back to my argument for raiding towns/cities. As for the griefing its already happening its just in a way more aggressive form than it should be in in various forms (body camping and spawncamping to name the ones off the top of my head).  As for AFKing people need to do it on occasion and no one always remembers to turn off pvp especially if they have to get up from the computer very quickly to go do something that needs their immediate attention.

12 minutes ago, Mishi said:

Not all games have safe zone towns, many older games did not have any safe zones, some did. 

True but with the way this game plays safezones would benefit gameplay and accessibility, over not having them, greatly. This would allow more people to show interest in the open world pvp. 

1 hour ago, Paetro said:

you say this on almost every post that brings up this topic. Actually provide feedback on why you say this otherwise its a very tired boring statement that doesn't offer any perspective for what is being talked about besides that you think this is "war".

Not to mention that he is completely wrong too. There are laws in war. Google that shit. 

They need to implement some sort of flag system for in town. Maybe a duel option so those who want to pvp can continue. That way the lvl 45's who camp banks ect, to kill people afk over and over would prevent this. It's simple some people forget to unequipped faction uniforms, some just don't understand the game fully because they have not played enough. Also a option for the towers in Misty woods would be increase the range of the NPC guards offer protection for 1 minute to those who spawn in to prevent being pulled from tower while still in load screen. I have no issue with pvping but those who take advantage of ganks and afker's that is  really not pvping that's just ruining the game. What satisfaction is gained from killing a afker or pulling people from tower when there not ready.... Absolutely nothing but ruining the pvp experience for everyone.

A perfect example of no rules in war is Hitler, Isis and other groups who kill indiscriminately not because they are better it's a complete cowardly act. Nothing to do with actual war it is called genocide. Instead of only thinking of yourself in these situations think of the game and the people who are quitting because of these facts, pretty soon there will be nothing left in game to kill. 

Just some things:

There is no Spawn camping if the person "spawning" presses 3, to "surrender" and remove their faction dobok.

You do not lose anything by "surrendering". (Unless it's your pride?)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There needs to be a flagging system" or "There needs to be xx to avoid spawn camping" or players not understanding:

In response to the suggestion of a flagging system: Your PvP doboks are what "Flags" you for pvp. (flag system.)

In response to "spawn camping": You are able to surrender and rezz without your PvP dobok on. (Thus unable to be killed again.) 

In response to people not knowing about the PvP outfits flagging you for PvP: The game tells you when you Equip the outfit. (The game warns players.)

The only exception:

Spawn camping, is possible ONLY when a player has the Assassin's mask Equipped. The only reason as to why it is possible, is the mask can NOT be taken off while dead, and having the mask on Prevents a player from being able to choose the #3 "Surrender" option. 

On 01 March 2016 at 4:43 AM, Mishi said:

The simply reason why minor faction spawns should be out of town like for CL/CO is - it is not conductive to fun. If both factions spawn on top of each other it gets chaotic and annoying, even if both sides would like to continue their little sandbox feud.

I have been there, done it, and I would really like to see physically separated spawn points to increase my fun as Tyrian/Stratus or whichever. :)

Opposite sides of town would suffice most of the time. 50m distance is enough for team mates to rally for the next wave. ^_^

SUMMARY OF Thread:  Every issue mentioned is useless as there is a valid and clear solution out of them. More reading is needed than smashing buttons like a 2 year old.

Bad suggestions: Placing a safety net over town areas will have summoners, forcemasters, assassins, destroyers, warlocks, and every other range attack class (except for kfm) cheapshotting other players from boundary lines by jumping in and out safety zones; thus a bigger issue.

Semi-good-suggestion: Opposite npc factions have different resurrection points - only if these points are close together and not more than half of sprint distance apart. i.e. opposite ends of a town.

Even this suggestion can be avoided by players co-ordinating and wearing the faction costumes at the same time.

P.S. going afk while wearing faction clothes is your problem.

On 3/1/2016 at 8:43 PM, Mishi said:

There is no Spawn camping if the person "spawning" presses 3, to "surrender" and remove their faction dobok.

I could care less about pride if it got bad enough to just surrender but the tedium is almost unbearably obnoxious most of the time of having to swap costumes while just going into and out of town.

1 hour ago, Shuchin said:

The simply reason why minor faction spawns should be out of town like for CL/CO is - it is not conductive to fun. If both factions spawn on top of each other it gets chaotic and annoying, even if both sides would like to continue their little sandbox feud.

I have been there, done it, and I would really like to see physically separated spawn points to increase my fun as Tyrian/Stratus or whichever. :)

Opposite sides of town would suffice most of the time. 50m distance is enough for team mates to rally for the next wave. ^_^

Solid idea didn't really think about that but most games do have separate faction spawns.

32 minutes ago, StrawHat said:

SUMMARY OF Thread:  Every issue mentioned is useless as there is a valid and clear solution out of them. More reading is needed than smashing buttons like a 2 year old.

Bad suggestions: Placing a safety net over town areas will have summoners, forcemasters, assassins, destroyers, warlocks, and every other range attack class (except for kfm) cheapshotting other players from boundary lines by jumping in and out safety zones; thus a bigger issue.

Semi-good-suggestion: Opposite npc factions have different resurrection points - only if these points are close together and not more than half of sprint distance apart. i.e. opposite ends of a town.

Even this suggestion can be avoided by players co-ordinating and wearing the faction costumes at the same time.

P.S. going afk while wearing faction clothes is your problem.

Agreed ranged classes will take advantage of that but there are definite ways around that such as neutral guards that aggro on anyone that damages another player while standing within a radius of them or have the system recognize combat and not all safety to enable while currently in combat is something I have seen before.

Also Afking is that persons problem because sometimes shit comes up but it shouldn't be one they have to deal with.

On 26/2/2016 at 11:31 AM, Paetro said:

So I just started the game and one of the first things that pops up is a quest to join a faction. Which is cool PvP is fun sometimes and I like open world PvP it definitely adds an element to the game, but the fact that this extends into towns should be changed so that there are some sort of protections so that people can at least talk to NPC's without getting ganked. Mind you that it's possible to camp spawns as well which allows players to kill you while loading in just makes the system unappealing to me. I'm all for open world PvP, but town pk's should just not be a thing unless you are "raiding" the opposing factions town like in various past MMO's with killable faction NPC's. Also, yes you can take off the outfit but whats the point if you're just going to put it back on again it will just save time overall for newer players(or any players for that matter) and stop a lot of tedium while grabbing quests. They also already have an easy way to implement it all they have to do is make the Windstriding locations generate PvP neutrality for the town/city or for larger cities define a border(a bit more difficult but still possible). Has to be the only thing that I actually can't see why its justified in existing in its current state, but hell if they do want it to remain have it so that only a few characters "dedicated" enough to earn a specific item that allows for town pk's for the select few who want to abuse that power. I think I've heard about a mask that you get after a certain amount of pk's why not add that to its functionality (if they would make changes like the ones suggested) it would make sense thematically and diversify the player archetypes of the game.

Don't wear your PvP costume while you're talking to NPC. Problem solved.

l die when wearing costume. Its ok. but after they are waiting in resurrect area and they kill me again and again. I couldn't  do anything.  What can I do?  I couldn't take off costume always resurrect same spot and they are waiting there and killing everyone. Is there a any solution, I cant save myself this ridiculous cycle. About 1 hour later, they are still waiting there. :D They say:  doing this for 1000 kills tropy or whatever call.

So Is This a pvp or war or whatever this shit? 

**Sorry for my bad English.

Edit: Press 3 ok. :D I didnt see that. Still its ridiculous thing.

7 hours ago, rykdragon said:

l die when wearing costume. Its ok. but after they are waiting in resurrect area and they kill me again and again. I couldn't  do anything.  What can I do?  I couldn't take off costume always resurrect same spot and they are waiting there and killing everyone. Is there a any solution, I cant save myself this ridiculous cycle. About 1 hour later, they are still waiting there. :D They say:  doing this for 1000 kills tropy or whatever call.

So Is This a pvp or war or whatever this shit? 

**Sorry for my bad English.

Edit: Press 3 ok. :D I didnt see that. Still its ridiculous thing.

Nah, it's not ridiculous. Like you yourself said, "I didn't see that." 

28 minutes ago, StrawHat said:

Nah, it's not ridiculous. Like you yourself said, "I didn't see that." 

Then try hovering over skills and reading what they do before just choosing 1. 

It's not ridiculous, it just requires a bit more forethought. 

2 minutes ago, Mishi said:

Then try hovering over skills and reading what they do before just choosing 1. 

It's not ridiculous, it just requires a bit more forethought. 

lol, it's NOT ridiculous; but you telling the person who is saying the exact same thing is.

Archived