summoners perma hide/perma resist

Kuz

so i have never seen a summoner do this until u fought this guy twice.. he attacks and hide, attacks and hide, over and over again.. and even if i attack him while he attacks me (since hes visible) he resists everything.. like seriously is this a hack or something?

First off, summoner is my worst opponent. He has 1 resist, think it's 5 seconds? He has 2 hides; I think one is longer than the other. Other than that they are very vulnerable to cc and the sorts during the down times. If you play passively you will lose. If you play aggressively but don't know what to do, you will lose. If you are a decent destroyer, you will win after their skills on cd cause they can't get away and you hurt both the cat and them; the heals can't keep up. Have you seen a KFM resist like 10 seconds plus?! That's worst; dodge dodge, resist forever, stuns, grabs, resist. Though I have a much better time against them even though they probably come 2nd in my list of most difficult to beat.

Summoners in general is just annoying. If you can get pass the point of them using their resists and invisi then you have a chance. That small frame of time if you cannot do much damage they will have the skills off cd again and give them time to heal. If you can deal with the overpowered sustain, just deal more damages and pray for timeout. I lose to summoners like 90% of the time. Noob summoners if you make their cat unconscious they will sit next to it; afraid of everything in the world. You deal as much damage to them as possible then let them sit next to it... 30 seconds later rinse and repeat. Decently skilled summoners... ye good luck.

Naisho, I don't think you know what's actually happening.

Currently, there is some Summoners using a hack/exploit to go perma resist and perma stealth. It's not a 2-5 second stealth or resist. It's permanent. The most I've been able to survive is 1 minute and for 1 minute they were in stealth with full resist.

Additionally, they don't seem to run out of resources, cause they can spam their skills nonstop.

Oh, that's pretty hacky. My fault. I heard some summoners hack; why (they basically most op/annoying class in game). I'm surprised you seen one; I would think they be super high up in the rankings. Hopefully no other classes found ways to hack also and hopefully they find a fix to this.

This appears to be new.

We just saw a Lv 44 Summoner bot/exploiter/hacker reach 2100+ rating, to give you an example. Here's a video I took earlier of one.

It's the same rotation everytime. Once they take damage once, they go perma stealth/perma resist and can spam skills nonstop, even if their cooldown isn't up.

You also can't target them at all once they do this. So your only hope of hitting them, is to AOE in some way. But again, perma resist.

Looks like he taking damage in the video(?) but maybe on the not as much side because of the many resists. And yea, that is clearly hacking since attacking while invisi is... Thanks for the video btw

haha normally destroyers have the easiest time killing summoners, but clearly the hack is op, they take full brunt of spin and tank through it.

yeah u can kill the pet but even if i penta slash on him i do 0 dmg.. since he resist everything.. i couldnt record the fist fight the second one i was more worried about recording him hiding and attacking than dealing dmg

43 minutes ago, Tashigi said:

It's the pet taking the damage, not him. Look at the side of the damage, it says "Resist" on every swing.

... Unless I'm blind... The summoners HP is in the top center while the pet is right next to it... Sure I see resist popping up more than it should, but I also see his hp go down... the pet more than the summoner but it IS going down, from what I can see.

edit: though both rounds did only go down about <20%... haha

4 minutes ago, Kuz said:

thats because he uses his own hp to heal the pet.. he still hides and attack almost all the time and that is not supposed to happen

Oh, then it's my wrong. I never use summoners. Dx
I just know that even legit non hacking ones are annoying.

He's losing health because at the start his Seed Shroud hadn't been triggered yet. You can see him becoming immune after it has.

Seed Shroud:
8 second cooldown
1.5 second (2 second talented) duration, channeled
Counters attacks for the duration (defensive move)
A successful cast (aka someone attacks into it with a non-defense penetrating attack) gives the Summoner 6 seconds of stealth, 1.5 second immunity to everything and 4 focus. It also resets the cooldown on Grasping Roots if that's talented

Most of that is useless trivia. The important thing is that he becomes stealthed and gains 1.5 seconds immunity. In the video, however, it is (near) PERMANENT. He triggers Seed Shroud ONCE, the Summoner is no longer beatable. Everything except for a talented version of Flying Nettles / Briar Patch (same ability, one is just cast on the enemy, the other on ourselves) is ment to break stealth. This guy just freely casts everything while maintaining the stealth and immunity bonuses from a successful cast of Seed Shroud.

I thought the downfall of this game would be the abysmal balancing and hopelessly high latency. I guess having cheaters this blatantly obvious while having this hopeless third party "anti-cheat" that everyone has claimed since day 1 does more harm than good is an even quicker way of killing your game.

thanks for clarifying.. i dont use a summoner so i dont know much about it but hes clearly exploiting/hacking.. even if they ban him and patch the ahck im afraid the dmg is done.. new hackers are going to find the way over and over again same as the bots and spammers.. i think the only way to avoid this is completely remove the zen bean store sadly.. since bots are there for the rewards not to rank up.. thats why in preseason we didnt see any bot or hacker, because they dont have anything to get from it.. i personally PvP for fun.. i dont really care about zen beans.. maybe they can put just costumes.. but the soulstone bussiness is why there are so many bots and hacks.. 

• 1 month later...

I just fought a bot like this in the arena, April 24, 2 months later and we still see this in game, seems ncsoft is not caring for their player base. Issues like this are bound to happen, but should be fixed faster. It is super frustrating. I have the impression ncsoft supports bots and hacking. Several times I saw destroyers running around with their bot'ish names. They run around free and not only that, they run around teleporting. It is sad because it makes me feel stupid, playing by the rules, wasting my time in a game that doesn't respect the human player that spend hours and real $$$ in the game. A real shame.

Yep I just pvped a gold rank level 22 sum doing the same thing, you CAN beat them it's possible, thing is, you need to be a projectile user. More far away your are the more chance you can win, why? Well I tested them and it seems it turns off when you're away far enough for them to run to you to attack. You get a few hits in, run off they have no choice but to disable resist and run after you. Even if they cast the powder skill you still have skills to get around it so don't freak out, take your time.

Archived