How to counter Blademaster and Destroyer?

Redsquirl

Am just making my first ventures into Arena matches and so far I have found Blademasters to be completely unbeatable and same with Destroyers. I do not know what I am doing wrong but they seem to keep me stunned/incapacitated the whole time and take my health down before I can even use an ability. Yes I know "get good" but how? What should I spec into to counter these classes that seem to have infinite CC and huge damage? While stunned none of my escape buttons are available and so I just have to eat it and hope I can retreat once up and get some range, but of course that just leads to a charge/stun/dead combo...

Blademasters should be one of the easiest class to beat. I cannot tell you how to beat them because I never really noticed.. I just faceroll my keyboard and they're dead.

Destroyers are tricky... they're kinda our hard counter. If they fire spin, you need to get the hell away. If they start bashing your kitty, spam Q and hope that you can save your cat. Otherwise.. Dont attack them during first 0.5 of spin, dont attack them when they start swinging their axe in an upward manner (gives them a knockup combo i think?), dont waste your CC when you see them use their "rage" skill (gives them some smoke around them)...

This guy knows what he's talking about.  Honestly, if you have issues with BM before he's lv50, you have a problem.  Try not to attack into his block, and honestly, this matchup should be 90-10 in your favour.  If you're talking specific traits, trait your Bomb V, as that knocks up in all directions instead of standard V which attacks from one direction.

Against Destroyers, that is basically 0-100 in their favour.  You have to micromanage yourself and your cat to not attack when he's in spin.  You have to pray that he doesn't grab your cat (pre-emptively bash Q).  You have to spam E so the cat doesn't attack him and help him regenerate focus.  Then you have to run like hell and hope he doesn't kill you before he runs out of spins, cooldowns and focus.

Then you have a 50/50 chance.  Summoners are not broken (too much), but they have a lot of 90% winrates vs other classes and 1 particular 0% winrate matchup.  That isn't an OP issue (for the most part).  That's a class pick and counterpick issue.

Thank you for replies, hmm I must have just met particularly effective BM's then as the ones I faced I simply could not attack them. I was held in the air, thrown around, stunned, knocked down and just about everything that causes me to not be able to attack and could not see any of my escapes lit up while being chopped to bits! KFM was 70/30 win rate to me, I met a couple who I just could not get distance on, but for the most part they went down easy, same with Assassins, only one gave me trouble and he was a perma stealth spec so I literally could not hit him. Am yet to face off against the dreaded Blade Dancer and Force Master....

• 5 months later...

BM is usually is the easiest class to beat.  Most BMs don't even know what they're doing.

If they are in close range you actually have an advantage.  If your pet is near them it can grapple them if they block.  You also can RMB to knock them down.  You can get behind them when they block.  But if you hit into their block they will most likely do the spin move they do.  

The BM you are referring to are using something like a 100 - 0 combo.  Not all BM's can pull it off.

rn bd and bm are the only 2 classes we seem to have an advantage against. take advantage of low ss cd for both these classes. bd you can see when he is invun so make sure not to blow cc's. save escapes for their heavy attacks.

As far as destros go just afk til rounds over. they can be lvl 30 just facerolling keyboard and wreck summoner. Most their skills cc you and ignore your cc's.

Archived