Terrible System for BnS

MelodyOfWings

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Waynedetta said:

How is the zen bean only pve based?

You can optain it without winning a single match

you can only obtain it from 5000 zen beans... you only gain about 7 zen beans for a loss at bronze rank, at about 4-5 minutes a match... thats about 48 hours of pvp for losses to obtain... and for someone who really has no interest in pvp, thats a lot of wasted time.

Just now, MelodyOfWings said:

you can only obtain it from 5000 zen beans... you only gain about 7 zen beans for a loss at bronze rank, at about 4-5 minutes a match... thats about 48 hours of pvp for losses to obtain... and for someone who really has no interest in pvp, thats a lot of wasted time.

Then why are you grinding an item THAT ONLY UNLOCKS A PVP SKILL

Or are you better then the game developers and going to tell me the pvp skilli s needed in pve

That's now how you get HM skills for pve they are obtained another way from dungeons

1 minute ago, MelodyOfWings said:

there are daylies where you only have to participate, not to win

3 minutes ago, AyeAye said:

Then why are you grinding an item THAT ONLY UNLOCKS A PVP SKILL

Or are you better then the game developers and going to tell me the pvp skilli s needed in pve

That's now how you get HM skills for pve they are obtained another way from dungeons

7 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

those do reward zen beans but not very efficently

So what? It takes a whole week or maybe two then with no effort? WoW :<

There is a way to get it, with no effort only time invest. Takes maybe week but really low game time. If you would decide to win a few matches in addition it comes even faster..

That skill is by no means a real requierment for pve so if you dont even want to invest time, why dont you just give up on that one skill?

19 minutes ago, AyeAye said:

And neither does arguing in a troll topic that is non-existant because they only locked PvP skills behind PvP

and PvE skills behind PvE unless you found something out otherwise >_>

Go away, you're the troll here...

18 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

So what? It takes a whole week or maybe two then with no effort? WoW :<

There is a way to get it, with no effort only time invest. Takes maybe week but really low game time. If you would decide to win a few matches in addition it comes even faster..

That skill is by no means a real requierment for pve so if you dont even want to invest time, why dont you just give up on that one skill?

The issue here is the pvp requirment, not the length of time or difficulty.... a developer should never force a player to do something to obtain something that has nothing to do with that they are doing. PVP is an important part of MMOs... yes... however, it is not the main part of MMOs. MMOs are Massive Multiplayer Online games... meaning a social experience. Arena is 1v1, that is the exact opposite of the definition of MMO. An MMO should not be only PVP focused, otherwise they lose the meaning of MMO.

6 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

The issue here is the pvp requirment, not the length of time or difficulty.... a developer should never force a player to do something to obtain something that has nothing to do with that they are doing.

Again, you are the troll.

The developers put moves that are used in PvP, behind the zen bean.

They put the moves for PvE behind the scrolls you get from doing PvE.

Continue to be ignorant if you want, your problem was solved by the developers before it was even a problem...

Just because you think you need a PvP skill to complete your PvE kit doesn't make you right.

THE PEOPLE WHOM MADE THE GAME are telling you what the skills are for

NOT ME NOT HIM NOT YOU the DEVELOPERS.

go ahead and bring all your pvp skills to pve, have fun complaining your class is up

6 minutes ago, AyeAye said:

Again, you are the troll.

The developers put moves that are used in PvP, behind the zen bean.

They put the moves for PvE behind the scrolls you get from doing PvE.

Continue to be ignorant if you want, your problem was solved by the developers before it was even a problem...

Just because you think you need a PvP skill to complete your PvE kit doesn't make you right.

THE PEOPLE WHOM MADE THE GAME are telling you what the skills are for

NOT ME NOT HIM NOT YOU the DEVELOPERS.

go ahead and bring all your pvp skills to pve, have fun complaining your class is up

This is a discussion, not a fist fight... please leave

12 hours ago, Pustak said:

So NCsoft is holding gun next to your head saying: 'you are forced to play this game even if you dont like it'?  

Get real. Im geting sick of ppl who try to change everything to their liking, there is WAY too much useless clones of the games where ppl were geting 'what they wanted so much'. Go and play those games.

Wait, bns isn't generic? Because I am sure outside of the pvp, the game feels like every other theme parked mmo since the early 2000's in design. 

On 2/17/2016 at 3:44 AM, Zdradek said:

Not sure if serious, PvP players are forced to play PvE to level their toons + gain HM lvls in reasonable time and probably HM skills too...

I don't see a single reason to not force PvE players to PvP as long as PvP players are forced to PvE.

Simple when PvP that is something that is much more easily balanced then pvp. If the current state of the game is not a perfect example of that then i dont know what is.

On 2/17/2016 at 7:49 PM, MelodyOfWings said:

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make PVP basically a necessity to advance really needs to rethink their approch to games. Forcing players to pvp in order to grow stronger is 1) unfair to players who dont like pvp and 2) Broken beyond a doubt in favor of the broken classes. 

For example.. Summoners are swiming in soul stones because they are broken, while people like me, who cant break into gold because of the number of BS things in this game are stuck with nothing. Either fix the classes/Rank system... or the Rank req for soulstones pouches and royal zenbean, thats the only way to make this game fair for all people... Making something pvp requires is a bad idea in any game because it turns off players who are new to endgame and dont like to pvp that much. Having rewards for pvp is fine, but making them items needed to advance is unfair.

Just as a thought.... Blade and Soul is unworthy of the Title of "Esports" because of the lack of balancing in the arena... when 70% of your ranked players are summoners.... maybe you should consider that.

And this game also forces the players that only want to pvp to pve for skills. Its not as one sided as you try to act like it is. Also the game has been this way for 3+ years, its not changing.

Also BNS is not for lvl 45, lvl 50 hongmoon +12 is the tournament format used around the world. Until we get that we are just little kids playing in the sand waiting for the big leagues.

Omagad, this thread, seriously, WAI I DIDNT SEEN IT BEFORE!

SO AMUSING!

Please, gief me moar!

BTW, any of You guys noticed HOW UNFAIRLY REWARDING PVE IS IN THIS GAME? Developers should really do something abt it or 70% of casual pvpers who play 15 minutes a day pvping on arenas will leave and game will die and serbidors will just be populated with bots, and bots will start selling gold to eachother :\

Just sayin'..

On 2/17/2016 at 3:06 AM, 811135_1452549862 said:

I completely agree that it doesn't make sense to have PvE rewards in PvP. In other MMOs, the rewards are either the same, or similar worth. And when they are different, PvP at least has an unequalized factor for certain game modes. BnS PvP is not unequalized so PvP players have no need for Soulstones. Usually PvP players are rewarded with cosmetics to show off their prestige.

Although, I have no problem with them rewarding PvP players with Soulstones or PvE specific content. BUT, the rewards should NOT outclass that which can be earned by actual PvE. So my suggestion for this balance is to simply give a decent amount of Soulstones for completing 6 or 4 man endgame purple dungeons. "Apparently" the reason why soulstones are toned down in PvE is due to bots. But what bots would be able to complete any end game raid?

This PVP requirement increases the player base in arena, and is something games like WoW should consider adopting because they'd have a much larger PVP community if they did. you shouldn't be allowed to succeed in any game unless you can complete all facets of said game...

20 hours ago, MelodyOfWings said:

The maximum number of soul stones you can get from faction quests is about 20... the Bronze/Silver Soul stone bags Still require you to play an extensive amount of PVP to "earn" zen beans. Therefore... Blade and Soul/NCSoft is still forcing players to pvp in order to advance. 

And to all the people saying "forcing a pvper to pve is unfair"... This game is not built around pvp... Therefore that argument has no validity. And in fact... people can advance faster through pvp alone than they can from pve... So for people who dont like pvp.. its compleatly unfair and unbalanced. Hence, a bad system for any mmo. Especially since the pvp in this game is trash as it is now. 

The pvp in this particular game is actually the best in any mmo I've ever seen. It's pretty damn fair, considering the "super OP classes" that can't be countered, I've countered on every class. Some classes pose more of a challenge to other classes, but that's the point of balance. There's not a single class that can guarantee you success, no matter what you play.

12 hours ago, MelodyOfWings said:

Again... Level has nothing to do with the arena.....

The developers are punishing players who prefer pve over pvp... That is unfair to the players and needs to be changed.

Level matters massively in arena.  If you don't understand that then you clearly don't understand the game at all.

Also the game is built on PvP, not PvE as you keep saying. Just because there is PvE doesn't mean it is the core of the game.

15 minutes ago, Zakaru said:

Level matters massively in arena.  If you don't understand that then you clearly don't understand the game at all.

Also the game is built on PvP, not PvE as you keep saying. Just because there is PvE doesn't mean it is the core of the game.

the fatal flaw of any other MMO has always been PVE first, PVP second, leaving the area where balance is absolutely crucial (pvp) left to be balanced post PVE...this game isnt doing that, coupled with its combat system, it could ultimately mean the best PVP mmo to date, i have high hopes. I am a 4x R1/4x Gladiator WoW player who just picked up BnS last week and i will tell you i will most likely never go back.

Guys, wow, chill out. Neither PVP nor PVE is an ultimate and evil thing in the world, but each has it's own palce to begin with. Yeah, i'm a PVE focused player, and i'm not a big fan of "ranked" PVP, but i'm doing my dailies in arena to earn my zen beans, it's not a big deal. I just win my daily 1 match in each mode and chill out the rest, so i don't rank up (and won't be hated, because i'm playing the "easiest" class in the game and get high ranks easier than others*)

Yess, i agree that locking something usefull in PVE behind a PVP wall is not the best idea, but it's NOT whats happening with BnS. Yes, you can get soulstones faster with PVP than with PVE only (let's ignore the AH for now, that's a different matter), but it's not impossible. I never did fraction dailies, nor farmed arena for zen beans, and i'm still getting my soulstones (without even spending zen beans for pouches).

If you wanna see a PVP wall, go play (**), where you must participate in open world pvp AND battleground WITHOUT gear balance to get your  legendary accessories and weapon. And this process takes not just days, but weeks, or hell, even MONTHS to complete, because you need insane amount of material, and you get almost nothing if you lose (+ it's controlled how many material you can get/week). Open world PVP is full with already geared manhunters (yes, they hunt you just because of fun,since you don't get anything out of killing another player in open world, while you can farm the materials with killing only mobs in the pvp area), while they can queue to battleground as a team, so you will encounter fully geared killing squads who hill annihilate you and prolong your gearing progress with insane amount of time just to keep their "elit" status with the legendary gear.

So imagine that you're a goldfish and they toss you into a tank full of pirhanas, and complain about pvp in bns after that.

I'm more than thankfull that they gearbalanced arena, because it makes PVE players progress in PVP much more easier and fairer than without is.

Just to say something constructive too: Yes, they probably decreased the amount of soulstone from PVE because bots, but as we all know, there are at least 1 daily quest which gives you soulstones (in Tomb of exiles). Since that quest requires you to kill multiple bosses and talk with npcs bots hardly can do it, so they just need to increase the amount of stones you can get from those quests***, or implement a few more into other dungeons to "please" the PVE only players.

And about the PVP community...I don't see the point why someone would do only pvp in a game, but it's just because of my interest, and i'm sure, there are players whose enjoy that way, so why don't implement weapon chests and special keys for them into zen bean store. You like to pvp, right? Then have the chance to farm zen beans and aqure your weapon from them with keys that can be used on pvp chests only. Have the same RNG with weapon dropped from those chests, but PVPers wouldn' need to grind PVE content to get them. Ofc this system has it's weakspots too, but it may give a starter kick for better ideas ^^

*Yes, i'm playing summoner, because i like the playstyle in PVE, i'm not interested in earning prestige in PVP at all. I hate, when someone insults me because the class i'm playing and flag me as a zerg, when i'm doing my stuff only to advance in PVE and won't pose as a threat for them in ranked games, but this isn't the topic for this argument, so just ignore this part ^^

** Won't advertise other games here, if you want to know which one i'm talking about, ask in pm

***Not much, just to speed up the pve progress a bit to match the pvp one

35 minutes ago, 811135_1452549862 said:

Would anyone complain if they added in/increased the amount of Soulstones from endgame raids?

And would anyone complain if they expanded the PvP shop to include more items?

I'm sure there would...you can't please everyone XD

1) unfair to players who dont like pvp and

- Rly? then what are u doing there? just dont do pvp, crab your pve and thats all.

2) Broken beyond a doubt in favor of the broken classes. 

- Broken only for noobs, who dont like PvP, logical? I think yes.

Archived