The Hate for Summoner

Geraton

On 2/18/2016 at 1:16 AM, Kaal said:

My main issue with summoners is that the cat can damage, daze/grapple you in midair and heal the summoner. Imho, that's super cheesy mechanic. No other class has aerial escapes or ability to heal up by 20% in midair. And hell, the cat is melee, it should not be able to touch you at all when you're performing aerial combo. Like you know, every melee class there is.

I agree.cat shouldnt be able to touch you at all when you are performing aerial combos.i agree totally.in fact you can shoot in the air the summ and when he lands he must be with 50-70%(if use correctly)life.no major ascape for summ just major bang bang style for you.i totally agree. :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me hate summonets because they don't RESPECT other player and dont shy to go in arena with their braindead class.

People who think that 60% cats in top ranking and 40% 6 other classes is pure cat's skill.

They think that they are chosen, like Noe, all other need to shut up and like their cute loli zoo-pedo faces.

if cats want respect - don't go in arena while cats are so OP.

If you don't have balls to not go in arena while your class is most OP + easy combination - there is no reason to like or respect cat players.

12 minutes ago, Ari-Shadow said:

Me hate summonets because they don't RESPECT other player and dont shy to go in arena with their braindead class.

People who think that 60% cats in top ranking and 40% 6 other classes is pure cat's skill.

They think that they are chosen, like Noe, all other need to shut up and like their cute loli zoo-pedo faces.

If you don't have balls to not go in arena while your class is most OP + easy combination - there is no reason to like or respect cat players.

You're just bad crybaby. Thats all.

24 minutes ago, Ari-Shadow said:

Well, this is one of the replies where every line requires separate answer, lets try to sort it out. The whole first line about the respect...

thats the stage where Im totally braindead, because, I dont know if you mean summoners shouldnt attack you in the arena or shouldnt be even allowed to join arena.

Second line, have you ever asked summoner to duel his cat only? Well, without using Q the cat would die in a few seconds, so I highly doubt that its all about the cat.

Third line... I dont even know what to say here... usual hate of non-summoner player :x

Fourth line says that cat is still op, while summoner is getting nerfed, seems that people want both summy and cat being nerfed so much it will be broken, but now in the sense of unplayability.

Fifth is nearly the same as the previous one.

To simply explain and answer here, I would remind this once again - why you put all the summoners into the same group, saying we are all stupid noobish broken disrespectful people. It sounds so incorrect like saying all the destroyers are bots... You cannot expect any positive feedback if you offend every person playing some class, in this case summoner  ;) 

P.S: I tried to explain this by the most polite way, so I  hope the feedback wont be any enraged reply :x

4 minutes ago, Geraton said:

Well, this is one of the replies where every line requires separate answer, lets try to sort it out. The whole first line about the respect...

thats the stage where Im totally braindead, because, I dont know if you mean summoners shouldnt attack you in the arena or shouldnt be even allowed to join arena.

Second line, have you ever asked summoner to duel his cat only? Well, without using Q the cat would die in a few seconds, so I highly doubt that its all about the cat.

Third line... I dont even know what to say here... usual hate of non-summoner player :x

Fourth line says that cat is still op, while summoner is getting nerfed, seems that people want both summy and cat being nerfed so much it will be broken, but now in the sense of unplayability.

Fifth is nearly the same as the previous one.

To simply explain and answer here, I would remind this once again - why you put all the summoners into the same group, saying we are all stupid noobish broken disrespectful people. It sounds so incorrect like saying all the destroyers are bots... You cannot expect any positive feedback if you offend every person playing some class, in this case summoner  ;) 

P.S: I tried to explain this by the most polite way, so I  hope the feedback wont be any enraged reply :x

Where is cat nerfed?

1 minute ago, Ari-Shadow said:

Where is cat nerfed?

:DDDDDDDDD To be honest, I expected something...different, but ok, wasnt rude at least :x If you played summoner you would find out that summoner (as a character) is getting nerfed in nearly every single patch. Last patch made their doom n bloom healing only from the initial target and taunt has changed a bit too. These affect more pve (possibly owpvp) than arena actually. BUT, people asked for nerfing summoner, so it happened. Now they ask to nerf the cat as well. Ok then, I would make a poll and let people name all the skills they want to nerf + cats skills as well, so these changes can be applied and summoner can be finally unplayable since all the poeple playing other class wish this. 

This hate for summoners feels...hilarious in last time :x

the thing that annoys me about summoner as assassin is most of my abilities seem to home in on the pet. i can be standing on top of you in stealth and still hit the pet thats 5 meters away. classes who have aoe main attacks and spammable aoe probably don't have this problem as much.

thats another thing that i hate as an assassin. everyone who just starts spinning in circles when i get into stealth. you complain about assassins running away and waiting for cooldowns, but if your just gonna spin around in circles all day the smartest thing we can do is step back, wait for ways to stop you from being a ballerina, and watch you waste your chi. its our only counter :P. so if you dont like it stop spinning :P.  

look, its not your fault but the fact u re sm and trying to use sarcasm about how sm is op but not that much in your opinion its enough to tell pretty much everyone that has some arena xp with all classes how idiotic your statement is, that all i have to tell u :)

This post is gonna wonder a bit... Just unloading.

• What's strange to me is summoner supposedly has 2 hard counters, destroyer and Kung Fu Master. The class it hard counters supposedly is Blade Master, supposedly the weakest class at the moment. Two classes it's weak to and it counters the weakest class... Facing own is 50/50, and three up in the air.

• Also, I don't see what everyone's goal is when they pvp. Personally, I don't care nearly as much about rank as I do knowing how to use my class. The majority of my matches have been sparring. I still do arena for daily and to face new people who play their class differently. It seems many complainers are after rank, not knowledge. I'm sure this is the case for people who play all classes, including summoner.

The common summoner sob story is "I faced X rats in a row, and now I'm silver. Nerf pls." I really think that's a bad route to take. If a guy cheats to get his degree and lacks the knowledge to do what he's hired for, that degree is worthless once he's fired. Assuming in higher level play summoner is weaker, having this view means an easy to play class stomping harder to play classes at first doesn't really matter. It's the end goal of being the most skilled that means something.

• Why all the hate for the rat race? I mean, I get that some people dislike cute and prefer to be all macho and badass, or maybe they want to make their dream girl or maybe even be that girl or something. If it's not your cup of tea, just ignore it. Some people who play the cute races in MMOs are annoying, but that's hardly unique to them and given all the crap they get it's not much of a surprise. The only exception I'd make to that is if they blatantly make a Lyn as a reference to some form of child abuse of any nature, in which case by all means hate the player. Most people who enjoy being Lyn probably hate the guy as much as you. But for the love of all things gaming, limit the hate to individuals, not a large chunk of the player base.

• Personal opinion: Summoner is the rocket launcher of BnS. It's easy to use, but usually abandoned for better guns once a player gets to a certain level of skill. Some people just respond by saying, "Get good." It's a bit misleading. It's not a bad thing on the player's part. Everyone lacks game knowledge at first. However, once you break that initial barrier things'll start getting easier.

Side note: Anyone who thinks to respond by saying how the leaderboard is chalk full of summoners should read the first few pages of this thread. Might find something interesting about how summoners are doing nationally. Also, it's really odd how top player's skill at using a specific class is used as a basis for how OP said class is. It's not the worst of indicators (also one of the few we have), but rather sad that the focus goes from their talent to the class' OPness. Thanks if you bothered to read and answer to this. If not, you were warned and I don't really care. Honestly... people who respond saying, "Too long, didn't read," when they were warned... Well, unloading done. Time to have fun actually playing.

9 hours ago, madDANET said:

u re sm and trying to use sarcasm about how sm is op but not that much in your opinion

Good job my friend :D nice try, just a little detail, try to read the quote above one more time and if you find out any sense it makes then let me know please, cause I cant find it :x How can be summoner op and in same time not so much in my opinion, especially, when every single reply I made includes something like " I know, summoner is more op than other classes at the moment" or so. Im just wondering where did you get this thing from :o 

But yea, no surprise to me that my statements look idiotic and topics useless if they are transformed and understood this way :x 

P.S: this whole thing doesnt even have to be sarcastic...sarcasm would be if I said that Im not even going to answer your second reply, because I just realized your name starts with "mad" :x

i hate when a summoner's pet IS BIGGER AND FATTER THEN THE SUMMONER !!! aannnnddddddddd USING A SIMILIAR COSTUME WITH THE SUMMONER !!!!

yea that's right... it's like cheating ffs

the summoner will always hide behind the cat, and all our attack will hit the cat because of the weird targetting system.

ffs

Honestly the most annoying thing to me with them besides the heals and the resists and the stealth... is that they can LoS with their pet and it interferes with your targeting but they can continue to hit you without issue. They're a garbage class in terms of how many abilities they have. It is utterly ridiculous that a class that has a secondary source of damage, CC, heals, etc also gets the additional toolkit that they have. Still, the targeting issue is by far the most annoying.

It's made all the worse when as others mentioned they make their cat as large as possible and themselves tiny.

Pretty sure the number of abilities summoners have is equal to other classes. A good chunk of them are tied to the cat, so if the cat goes down they have a harder time of it. For instance, they lose all cc besides root. They also pay for all those abilities by having fewer escapes themselves. As for size... How many do that? Just wondering because haven't seen many. Seen a ton in double deva costumes though.

I do have a question. Heard many times people complain about cat and summoner swapping spots. Only time I know of they can do that is if they are downed. Is there some other skill I don't know about, or did these people complaining not really know the class, as the way they talked about it this was a skill useable at any time?

4 hours ago, chinmi said:

i hate when a summoner's pet IS BIGGER AND FATTER THEN THE SUMMONER !!! aannnnddddddddd USING A SIMILIAR COSTUME WITH THE SUMMONER !!!!

yea that's right... it's like cheating ffs

the summoner will always hide behind the cat, and all our attack will hit the cat because of the weird targetting system.

ffs

exactly. you cant distinguish summoner and cat, this is a natural advantage! We should be able to lock target!

I dont think that so much summoners will switch to warlocks, I think that many non-summoners will choose the warlocks path to kick summoners a.s.s :D However, people compare these classes a lot. I would say their difficulty is very similar (not sure which one is easier to master), but their playstyle is absolutely different. While Warlock has its summon as some kind of bait, the summoner heavily relies on his cat, because summoner (as a toon) doesnt deal so much damage as warlock does (example: summoner cannot deal damage worth of 70% HP in one skill) :x 

Also, I think that the lack of escape abilities summoner has is compensated with cc skills. I mean, our real (nearly) spammable cc is snare which is quite easy escape-able, the daze effects are short and usable every 18/24 sec. What about other classes who got quite solid number of escape skills and also they can stun-lock you (for your info, average summoner has 1 skill to escape stun and other negative effects, once wasted, we are obviously dead) :x

Anyway, Im not defending summoner this way, I just thought it would be good to mention these things as well. Also Im wondering how the things gonna change once warlock is out :) 

14 minutes ago, Hacin said:

Revisit the summoner damage per second please befor all people do summoner class to farm pvp it will by a sad fing to watch ,is not normal that in 4 sec of cat grab you lose 60 % or more of all your hp 

Warlock will make you loose that HP using one skill :D doesnt even need familiar :x However im not sure about this in our na/eu version, so I cant say for sure yet.

Just got an idea.

I would actually like to see people's opinion (those who experienced both these classes, summoner and warlock), which one they hate/like more and why, so we could see if the hate for summoners is bigger or smaller than the one coming on 2nd march :p

On 2/20/2016 at 8:45 PM, Nonameexist said:

I agree.cat shouldnt be able to touch you at all when you are performing aerial combos.i agree totally.in fact you can shoot in the air the summ and when he lands he must be with 50-70%(if use correctly)life.no major ascape for summ just major bang bang style for you.i totally agree. :)

Why is it that their cat can launch you to air or get u grappled with no reversal options and get u pew pewed by the Summoner for half your hp, while the same can't be done to the summoner? Why the *cricket* do they have aerial escape in a form of cat and we, every other class, get nothing?

Summoners have more than enough escapes, immunities, ccs, heals and ways to abuse targetting so why on top of all that they have aerial escape and heal? This is bullshit and you know it.

Archived