The Hate for Summoner

Geraton

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first nerf to go with is actually boost :D for other classes, when your legendary skills get unlocked in next content. I dont know about any nerfs or whatsoever from the new patches where the korean actually is, but yes some rebalancing would be great. There is only one problem with this - nobody says any exact ways about how to nerf this class, which makes your opinions kinda generally useless :x Because, everyone says just nerf, but how do you imagine the nerfs, if the nerfs from patches made by devs are not enough for you ( just to remind) ;) 

Im only affraid of one thing my dear friends, and I believe you all count with this - doesnt matter how many nerfs/boosts is gonna happen, there will be always one class (at least) suffering from balance issues. Great example is the upcoming warlock class, which causes even bigger unbalance than summoner, because all the classes gonna suffer, even summoner itself  :D People will beg for their removal if it comes out in the same form as it did in other versions :x Because, if it does, it means this complain madness about summoner was just the beginning of something bigger :x :D

Thank you for your replies guys, feel free to talk here about any (REAL) balance issues youve experienced about summoner in pvp. I dont wanna make this thread to be some kind of bait, Im just keeping this topic updated for you guys, since Im not playing this anymore. Some of the devs might react if they see higher interest here. And to other summoners, no Im not offensing this class now, just because I stopped playing my summoner. Im saying this because Ive met many other summoners who actually dishonor this class because of their behavior. Its hard to explain others that not every summoner is the same. This goes for any class, but the summoners enjoy being trolls and abuse the unbalanced gameplay the most.

Piece everyone and have a great day

NCSoft logic " yea summoner op op lets buff it and call it a nerf while nerfing the other classes and calling it a buff" first patch

wonder whats gonna happend on the next patch,i already rerolled summoner, i dont care anymore

buffem more thank you NCSoft

2 hours ago, Geraton said:

Thank you for your replies guys, feel free to talk here about any (REAL) balance issues youve experienced about summoner in pvp.

Well, if you want real, how about their skills not penetrating the smoke cloud of assassins, so they at least have a chance at doing something? Or that skill they have on F that drains your HP, how about it misses when you stealth up, just like other classes' skills? Or how about moving the defense breaker from RMB so it doesn't get used by chance? 

I mean the main problem with it is that it gets overwhelming. The fact that you already need to pay attention to two different places is already annoying, do not give them undodgeable stuff too. Just a few of the issues with it.

I mean I made it to gold with a level 27 summoner. Does that sound normal to you? And no, I wasn't that great at it.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:21 PM, Geraton said:

to be good summoner you must learn to control 2 characters instead of 1) 

Yes sooo true ... its really hard to hit Q and use your pet to heal yourself with X ..... I can see your point now ... really hard to manage.

Thanky guys for replies ;) some explanations requested here as I can see :x 

1 hour ago, victorfilip said:

Well, if you want real, how about their skills not penetrating the smoke cloud of assassins, so they at least have a chance at doing something? Or that skill they have on F that drains your HP, how about it misses when you stealth up, just like other classes' skills? Or how about moving the defense breaker from RMB so it doesn't get used by chance? 

I mean the main problem with it is that it gets overwhelming. The fact that you already need to pay attention to two different places is already annoying, do not give them undodgeable stuff too. Just a few of the issues with it.

I mean I made it to gold with a level 27 summoner. Does that sound normal to you? And no, I wasn't that great at it.

Im sorry if that line was that much misleading, I was trying to sort out the problems here by the word REAL because some people just whine after 2 or 3 lost duels...Im glad its not you and you gave some proper example ;) And yes, I agree with all you say and I can admit it is true. If you read whole my article, and didnt just point out that one sentence, then you would know I share your opinion about summoner being more op than other classes ;)  

1 hour ago, Bashnir said:

Yes sooo true ... its really hard to hit Q and use your pet to heal yourself with X ..... I can see your point now ... really hard to manage.

Well, I can only tell you that people having X specced as healing are obviously newbies or just find it more suitable for themselves than having it on damage immunity, but yes, you are right...so what would be your suggestion to fix this problem? Increase cooldown of healing tier to 45 sec as the immunity tier has? or remove that healing one completely? Well that might be good, but do not come back to complain once all summoners will be using the immunity tier, which gives them much more space to think about their next move than 20% HP that goes down in one successful combo from enemy. Im not sure if this is practical for everyone, but for me the immunity saved me many times and worked 100% better than healing, since F offers the same effect ;)

And about Q...never needed to use it in a pvp against anyone...Dont know about other people, but Q is purely pve-stance for cat because boss who cast hard Aoe skills does the same techniques repeatedly, while ur enemy in pvp uses different combos and needs to be attacked and cc-ed by cat as much as possible in the arena for faster kill. But yea, the option to use Q is there anyway. Im glad you saw my point in there, hope you can see it here as well ;)

I don't think anything needs to be fixed. We are not 50 so I could care less what its like now. I personally don't have issues with Summoners. I just got a kick out of that statement that's all  :)

Go Destroyers :P  --- Spin to WIN!!!  .... well I guess if you just want to sit in gold keep doing that. LOL

Also Q is for your pet to not take damage so if anyone tries to kill it they cant. = pet still alive = more life steal for you = GG you win if played correctly.

I only recently started playing Blade and Soul. I chose summoner class for 2 reasons:

1. It most closely resembled the class I loved in the game I left, a caster class with a summon. Better yet, the summon promised to be strategically useful, unlike the game I left where summons mainly just ruined crowd control.

2. I like the race a lot. I love playing smaller races in games since the world seems that much bigger. I had a happy childhood and enjoyed working with kids as a camp counselor for several years. Kids are fun. To all those who accuse people who play Lyn as pedos,  shame. Not everyone makes a character for the sole purpose of enjoying an image of some chick's rear. It's my character, so for the time I'm on, it's me.

Anyhow... as an outsider looking in, it seems that summoner is one of those classes that is easier to grasp the basics of but harder to master. As such, since the majority of players are on the less skilled side of things, summoners get a bad rap. It doesn't help that the only race that gets the class is the short one. Doesn't matter which MMO, a chunk of the population always hate the short race.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's doubly so for Lyn since they often look like kids who are possibly just a bit younger than some of the players. A small age difference means a heck of a lot more before you're 18 or so, and the younger guys often get viewed as inferior. Those same players are often the guys who fantasize about being badass sword fighter... bad combination. Just a theory, and maybe true for a few people.

Well, none of that deters me. Gonna keep playing as the class I love and get good enough so that it's actually my skill doing the killing and not my class. And if at that point people call me a scummoner, I'll give a crisp and proper bow before rolling right on over them again.

7 minutes ago, Kure said:

Anyhow... as an outsider looking in, it seems that summoner is one of those classes that is easier to grasp the basics of but harder to master.

Ok i cant hear that arguement anymore. Press F11 ingame and check how many summoner are in top10. And then tell me again its because of the low skillbase.

Everyone who playes around 2k rating knows their class especially if you get there with the harder ones. Still there are more summoners than any other class like 5 summoners are there in top10 and the whoe upper rank is croweded with those little crickets.

4 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Ok i cant hear that arguement anymore. Press F11 ingame and check how many summoner are in top10. And then tell me again its because of the low skillbase.

Everyone who playes around 2k rating knows their class especially if you get there with the harder ones. Still there are more summoners than any other class.

Done. Findings:

1.FM

2.KFM

3.LBM (or is that BD?)

4.Ass

5.Sum

6.Ass

7.LBM

8.KFM

9.Sum

10.BM

Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Ok guys, a tiny reminder for all you...do not forget in 2 weeks theres new intruder incoming and I presume the hate is gonna be turned to him :D I dont even need to speak in riddles, cause we all know that damn Warlock is even more screwed than summoner :x So lets enjoy how even so much hated summoners gonna get pissed by this "darklord"

3 minutes ago, Kure said:

Done. Findings:

1.FM

2.KFM

3.LBM (or is that BD?)

4.Ass

5.Sum

6.Ass

7.LBM

8.KFM

9.Sum

10.BM

Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Is this NA? eu looks way different.

2 minutes ago, Geraton said:

Ok guys, a tiny reminder for all you...do not forget in 2 weeks theres new intruder incoming and I presume the hate is gonna be turned to him :D I dont even need to speak in riddles, cause we all know that damn Warlock is even more screwed than summoner :x So lets enjoy how even so much hated summoners gonna get pissed by this "darklord"

They nerfed warlock hard already, where is the official information about the 2weeks?

I heard there are some differences between NA and EU servers, one of them might be they complain less and practice more :D :D sorry for being ironic but thats what the ranking you put there proves :x 

4 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Is this NA? eu looks way different.

They nerfed warlock hard already, where is the official information about the 2weeks?

maybe from official site http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/unchained-arrives-march-2/ :o ;)

1 minute ago, Geraton said:

I heard there are some differences between NA and EU servers, one of them might be they complain less and practice more :D :D sorry for being ironic but thats what the ranking you put there proves :x 

maybe from official site http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/unchained-arrives-march-2/ :o ;)

Wow great news :)

glad to hear it, never tought they would update so rapidley

Well, depends on the perspective how you look at it :D I cant imagine warlock being that nerfed it will come out as weak as BM is at the moment compared to others :D (sorry BMs, Im just trying to explain how hard times you got there) :x

3 minutes ago, Geraton said:

You're saying they complain less and practice more in NA or EU? Sorry, since I'm new probably missing the irony.  And glad to see update coming soon! Warlock could be even closer to my old class being a dark caster.

7 minutes ago, Geraton said:

Well, depends on the perspective how you look at it :D I cant imagine warlock being that nerfed it will come out as weak as BM is at the moment compared to others :D (sorry BMs, Im just trying to explain how hard times you got there) :x

The warlock was nerfed in the same patch as the summoners taunt and doom n bloom nerf, basically the last patch here are the notes.

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/2/

5 minutes ago, Kure said:

You're saying they complain less and practice more in NA or EU? Sorry, since I'm new probably missing the irony.  And glad to see update coming soon! Warlock could be even closer to my old class being a dark caster.

It was meant to go for EU (us) that obviously complain more, as the NA ranking seems to be everything but not 10 summoners in first 10 :D you cant miss the irony now :x

6 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

The warlock was nerfed in the same patch as the summoners taunt and doom n bloom nerf, basically the last patch here are the notes.

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/2/

Im obviously missing some detail, because I cannot see any changes of doom n bloom or taunt in these notes. The changes provided from the link have been applied in this Rising waters content already :x

1 minute ago, Geraton said:

Im obviously missing some detail, because I cannot see any changes of doom n bloom or taunt in these notes. The changes provided from the link have been applied in this Rising waters content already :x

its this patch those nerfes werent in the notes but its this patch

7 minutes ago, Geraton said:

It was meant to go for EU (us) that obviously complain more, as the NA ranking seems to be everything but not 10 summoners in first 10 :D you cant miss the irony now :x

Ahh, thanks. Hoping I'm not too far off in how I see things. Class advantage isn't why I chose summoner. Gives me a bit of hope seeing possible reasons for all the hate.

2 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

its this patch those nerfes werent in the notes but its this patch

ohh yea now I see what you mean :) 

2 minutes ago, Kure said:

Ahh, thanks. Hoping I'm not too far off in how I see things. Class advantage isn't why I chose summoner. Gives me a bit of hope seeing possible reasons for all the hate.

Well I chose summoner here because in other version I played FM. I must weirdly admit, that even though the summoner is easier to play cuz of having accompany, I enjoyed FM much more despite the class was kinda badly balanced there (it got buffed in this last patch)  and I was always into these elemental classes. However, summoner has got some great crowd control here :x And FM is kinda squishy for arena :( But if well played, it can be really deadly and all honour to those who can do this :)

My main issue with summoners is that the cat can damage, daze/grapple you in midair and heal the summoner. Imho, that's super cheesy mechanic. No other class has aerial escapes or ability to heal up by 20% in midair. And hell, the cat is melee, it should not be able to touch you at all when you're performing aerial combo. Like you know, every melee class there is.

15 hours ago, Kaal said:

My main issue with summoners is that the cat can damage, daze/grapple you in midair and heal the summoner. Imho, that's super cheesy mechanic. No other class has aerial escapes or ability to heal up by 20% in midair. And hell, the cat is melee, it should not be able to touch you at all when you're performing aerial combo. Like you know, every melee class there is.

Well, the cat is melee only to its enemies. Using heal or immunity from X has no distance requirements, which means the cat could be far away from you (for example crouched by Q skill) and suddenly if you click X it would heal you up or put the immunity on you and itself. Yea, it would be harder for summoners if the cat was required to stay in melee range to summoner to put this effect on ;) 

Archived