About the situation where the server thinks my character doesn't exist.

Demiosu

So during name reservation I reserved the name Raccoon on my blade master and leveled this character to 45. For most of the time my character worked fine, people were able to invite me to parties using commands and were able to mail me.. But that changed after one of their patches and now it keeps saying my character doesn't exist when you try to mail or invite to a party (unless you stand next to me and right click me). This to me sounds like NCsoft messed up somewhere with their patch so I asked them for help. So a few weeks after I asked for help I receive the following message:

dbfea1fef66b68179af61a73d2310607.png

So instead of fixing the issue they want me to rename my character that I spent money on to get the name reserved for.. I'm really upset because of this, it feels like they don't want to fix the game for my issue and instead just force me to bypass the issue. As soon as I received this message my mood went down and I messaged them asking if they could please find a way to fix my character that does not include a name change.. Afterall my name worked fine before and isn't an offensive word either. 

What do you guys think? 

Makes me wonder if this is a name registration issue in their code. You mentioned it changed after an update. If they renamed your character then put it back to Raccoon there is a 50/50 chance it may work again. It doesn't seem to think your character exists, so if they rename your character to Raccoon again in theory your character should then exist.  Worth the attempt if they'll let you. I really hope they fix the issue for you! 

They replied to me less than an hour ago telling me this:

b22d78e34f1ed5dabc20d0c72c8c8acf.png

I replied to this message asking them what exactly the issue is before I would even consider their so called only solution to the problem. I also asked them if it has to do with my name specific since they didn't offer to rename to a temporary name to then rename back to my original name. I just wish they could fix my character without having to change stuff v.v 

From what I understand they've changed their name filtering system some patch /after release of the game/ and probably included the word /coon/ in there as it used to be used to express the n-word. Obviously Raccoon is an animal and has nothing to do with the n-word so I'm sad I get punished for that. On top of that I know there's multiple players with the word raccoon or catcoon in their name as I've seen them around before.. Never seen any player with coon in the name to sound offensive though.. I feel like they hurt more players than they protect in this case. I hope they can make an exception but I feel like they wont. 

Try to choose a name with raccoon in it but that won't get caught in the filtering system. Racc00n? Racc0on? Things like that... it still sucks because you reserved your name just to get it changed... but if they can't change atm the issue you have to take into consideration the name change, sadly.

They should anyway tell ppl that those names may have some issue because of the filtering system, at least players will know why they are going through all this difficulties.

(OT: I think I saw a scummoner somewhere btw, I thought the name was funny but now that I know the real story behind that name, it's kind of sad)

The only way it really affects me is that I can't mail items towards my character (which means I can't transfer my master pack outfits back) but oh well. I'm not going to change my name just because they refuse to admit they made a mistake adding a name filter /after/ we already created our characters. 

Archived